West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

58 minutes ago, glensmad said:

So as expected Rossvale move up to 3rd, and the current top three have now worked themselves into strong positions for promotion. All three are also title contenders in my opinion.

The same three teams have been hanging about the top of the league since last August. Same at the other end of the league with Larkhall Thistle and Kello Rovers. The only doubt the last 10 months has been who’s taking the third relegation place. Will give GOTW his due, he predicted Rossvale and Rutherglen Glencairn to go up on here as far back as the Glasgow Fair 2018.

The same three teams have been hanging about the top of the league since last August. Same at the other end of the league with Larkhall Thistle and Kello Rovers. The only doubt the last 10 months has been who’s taking the third relegation place. Will give GOTW his due, he predicted Rossvale and Rutherglen Glencairn to go up on here as far back as the Glasgow Fair 2018.
Rossvale haven't really been hanging about the top of the league. They have been upper half of the table for most of the season and everybody knew their games in hand would bring them into serious contention, but I think this is the first time they've been in the top 3. It was obvious from the signings they made last summer that they would be promotion and title contenders this season.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

It's an interesting run-in for the promotion race now. It always has been, to be fair. Unlike the bottom of the table, the top three positions have never been obvious, although there are now clearly favourites emerging.

The run-in for the promotion contenders :-

Rutherglen Glencairn 6 games to play (4 at home, 2 away)

Rossvale (home), Kilsyth Rangers (away), Cumbernaul United (home), St Roch's (home), Neilston Juniors (away), Dalry Thistle (home).

Benburb 6 games to play (1 at home, 5 away)

Larkhall Thistle (away), Whitletts Victoria (away), Irvine Victoria (away), Arthurlie (away), Neilston Juniors (home), Kello Rovers (away).

Rossvale 8 games to play (2 at home, 6 away)

Rutherglen Glencairn (away), Irvine Victoria (away), Girvan (home), Kilsyth Rangers (away), St Roch's (away), Neilston Juniors (home), Dalry Thistle (away), Kello Rovers (away).

Arthurlie 5 games to play (3 at home, 2 away)

Irvine Victoria (home), Larkhall Thistle (away), Benburb (home), Cumbernauld United (away), Kilsyth Rangers (home).

Cumbernauld United 7 games to play (5 at home, 2 away)

Craigmark Burntonians (home), Kello Rovers (home), Rutherglen Glencairn (away), Whitletts Victoria (home), Arthurlie (home), Girvan (home), St Roch's (away).

17 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

If I was any of those clubs I’d be desperate to get up this year as next year will be a lot more difficult 

I would tend to agree, with three teams coming down from the Premiership (Cambuslang, Petershill + one other), along with the two teams who can still be promoted but will miss out, plus Kilsyth Rangers who are always there or therabouts, plus Gartcairn coming up with momentum.

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

It's an interesting run-in for the promotion race now. It always has been, to be fair. Unlike the bottom of the table, the top three positions have never been obvious, although there are now clearly favourites emerging.

The run-in for the promotion contenders :-

Rutherglen Glencairn 6 games to play (4 at home, 2 away)

Rossvale (home), Kilsyth Rangers (away), Cumbernaul United (home), St Roch's (home), Neilston Juniors (away), Dalry Thistle (home).

Benburb 6 games to play (1 at home, 5 away)

Larkhall Thistle (away), Whitletts Victoria (away), Irvine Victoria (away), Arthurlie (away), Neilston Juniors (home), Kello Rovers (away).

Rossvale 8 games to play (2 at home, 6 away)

Rutherglen Glencairn (away), Irvine Victoria (away), Girvan (home), Kilsyth Rangers (away), St Roch's (away), Neilston Juniors (home), Dalry Thistle (away), Kello Rovers (away).

Arthurlie 5 games to play (3 at home, 2 away)

Irvine Victoria (home), Larkhall Thistle (away), Benburb (home), Cumbernauld United (away), Kilsyth Rangers (home).

Cumbernauld United 7 games to play (5 at home, 2 away)

Craigmark Burntonians (home), Kello Rovers (home), Rutherglen Glencairn (away), Whitletts Victoria (home), Arthurlie (home), Girvan (home), St Roch's (away).

Dalry got a decent team can be solid at the back a couple off strikers and maybe a better center midfielder and winger they could go places

But got bones of a good team who dare I say could step up a level especially the guys at back

Dalry got a decent team can be solid at the back a couple off strikers and maybe a better center midfielder and winger they could go places
But got bones of a good team who dare I say could step up a level especially the guys at back
But hardly promotion contenders at the moment.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:
56 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

But hardly promotion contenders at the moment.

Next year maybe if they keep the good ones there are better players in league below as well especially midfielders there boss was year below me but can't say I remember him

5 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

If I was any of those clubs I’d be desperate to get up this year as next year will be a lot more difficult 

It won’t be because of the Galacticos will it? Who is signing for next season, messi? Hazard?

The team is like you, full of shit.

1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Hahaha, if every team brings in 4 or 5 good players they would all be better. Sounds to me if they are miles away. A couple of strikers!!! Hardest thing to get, they are what wins you games!

1 minute ago, iPhone said:

Hahaha, if every team brings in 4 or 5 good players they would all be better. Sounds to me if they are miles away. A couple of strikers!!! Hardest thing to get, they are what wins you games!

I don't support them but saw the pump you huddelers this year and there strength was at the back

Naw mate strikers are easy to find leaders aren't

1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I don't support them but saw the pump you huddelers this year and there strength was at the back

Naw mate strikers are easy to find leaders aren't

Huddelers, try again bell end, I wouldn’t watch those c***s if I was paid. Fans are all fuds too.

Good strikers are hard to find.