West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

9 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:
39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:
Aye top player and top professional 

Why not push the boat out to keep him. After all top player and professional. Why let him walk away if he is that good.

That’s for Paul and the new gaffer to sort out 

one he might no want to stay 

two he might no be wanted 

but no one from Darvel will ever say a bad word about paul Cameron as I said top player and top professional 

35 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That’s for Paul and the new gaffer to sort out 

one he might no want to stay 

two he might no be wanted 

but no one from Darvel will ever say a bad word about paul Cameron as I said top player and top professional 

Well said

Below is a list of the points totals of the 3rd placed teams in the old West Region Super League Division One over the past few seasons (over 26 games).

I have converted these numbers to a points total over 30 games, to give an indication of what might be required to finish in the top 3 this season.

2017-18 - 50 points - 58 points

2016-17 - 49 points - 57 points

2015-16 - 53 points - 62 points

2014-15 - 49 points - 57 points

2013-14 - 50 points - 58 points

2012-13 - 45 points - 52 points

2011-12 - 45 points - 52 points

2009-10 - 45 points - 52 points

So the average points accumulated by the 3rd placed team over these eight seasons of 26 games is 48.25 points, which is surprisingly low, considering that Benburb and Glencairn are both already on 55 points after only 23 matches, and Cumbernauld, Arthurlie and Rossvale are all likely to pass that 48.25 average before they have played 26 games.

If you convert that to a 30-game season, that would make the points required for 3rd place being 56 points.

I still reckon it'll be somewhere in the range of 63 or 64 points which is actually required this season, which gives an indication of how closely fought it has been at the top of the table this season.

Edited by glensmad

Cannot believe we hv a game tomoz not had competive game in 5 weeks and our 1st home game in 7 weeks ... no doubt not only club but it’s  has had major finiacial impact on us of  late with no gate and other ways of money making down dramatically 

anyways onto football matters very tough game for us to get underway again against  footballing Cumbernauld ... took a 1-1  in the away tie wouldn’t mind the same

as I’ve  stated previous tho it’s been our home form that has been our major Achilles heel this season hopefully changes tomoro !!

Edited by combineharvester

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Below is a list of the points totals of the 3rd placed teams in the old West Region Super League Division One over the past few seasons (over 26 games).

I have converted these numbers to a points total over 30 games, to give an indication of what might be required to finish in the top 3 this season.

2017-18 - 50 points - 58 points

2016-17 - 49 points - 57 points

2015-16 - 53 points - 62 points

2014-15 - 49 points - 57 points

2013-14 - 50 points - 58 points

2012-13 - 45 points - 52 points

2011-12 - 45 points - 52 points

2009-10 - 45 points - 52 points

So the average points accumulated by the 3rd placed team over these eight seasons of 26 games is 48.25 points, which is surprisingly low, considering that Benburb and Glencairn are both already on 55 points after only 23 matches, and Cumbernauld, Arthurlie and Rossvale are all likely to pass that 48.25 average before they have played 26 games.

If you convert that to a 30-game season, that would make the points required for 3rd place being 56 points.

I still reckon it'll be somewhere in the range of 63 or 64 points which is actually required this season, which gives an indication of how closely fought it has been at the top of the table this season.

The totals are a bit off as the teams who I think will be top 4, have to date only really lost to each other. The bottom 3 or 4 have been poor so that is almost 24 points before a ball is kicked. Will certainly be some finish to the race

Neilston 4-0 Cumbernauld 

eachy peachy 1st half with Cumbernauld hvnt goal chopped off for no reason it seemed lol .. Ht 0-0

2nd half  neilston we’re far too strong for them as wee stuck to our formation and worked our socks off... some rite poor defending from a team chasing promotion. Cost them with the farmers comfortable winners in the end 

53 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
57 minutes ago, hunnersapepper said:
May have missed it, but why was Larky game off today

Burst pipe or something which is causing issues with the corner of one side of there pitch

Was speaking to someone close to the club today, seems they were gutted. had set up an area in the car park for the Candy support but there was an issue with a pipe that was fitted recently and it either backed up or burst and flooded the park. Obviously there is history between the clubs so if they are having to segregate fans etc its the same plava for 200 as it would be for ten so theyve probably took a big hit losing todays game as I wouldnt imagine as many Candy supporters will travel on a Wednesday night, that said I wouldnt be surprised if there were more.

As it stands at the moment the points level for guaranteed promotion is 67 points.

So Glencairn and Benburb need a maximum of three wins each from their remaining six games each to secure top league status.

It's possible that they might not need that many, depending on results elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As it stands at the moment the points level for guaranteed promotion is 67 points.

So Glencairn and Benburb need a maximum of three wins each from their remaining six games each to secure top league status.

It's possible that they might not need that many, depending on results elsewhere.

They wont need that many. Points will be spilled. Look at today. Neilston 4 -0  v Cumbernauld..  Arthurlie going down to Craigmark..who saw that coming.. ? 

They wont need that many. Points will be spilled. Look at today. Neilston 4 -0  v Cumbernauld..  Arthurlie going down to Craigmark..who saw that coming.. ? 

Thought Cumberland would struggle at neilston but get over the edge but no that

Correct, but as it stands 67 is the promotion target. That is based on Cumbernauld winning all 7 of their remaining games. If they drop any points then the target gets lower.