West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Because some people are obsessed with the bigot brothers and think everyone in the Junior game should be as well. 
Thankfully we are not.
I know the poster and it was just a remark about the fact that probably more than a few junior teams had folk " injured " when in fact some where in Valencia.
The poster is the least bigoted guy I know but I'm not surprised you jumped on the thread as you can't wait to have a dig at anything St Rochs ....I wonder why ..

Cracking game between arthurlie and rossvale what seen arthurlie walk away worthy winners and had the better of the chances big 3 points to keeper rossvale of our back and brings benburb and rutherglen bear with them dropping points
Think the boy mcgonicle (number 11) for rossvale is a top player

5 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

That's a very fair point regards them being more street wise but how long have those two clubs being building, and improving, as a squad compare that to Arthurlie having one player from last season and improving as it goes. Glencairn pumped us at the start of the season so to be disappointed in only getting a point is IMO at least a sign of how far we have come as the season has progressed.

Think back to the start of the season when avoiding relegation was a hope and now some are moaning that we aren't certs to go up?

Where was I moaning?  

I made a comment on Arthurlie not being clever enough to hold out with a 2 nil lead and complimented 2 teams who I thinks are smarter than us, and I stand by that.  This is a factor IMO, why I don't think they will go up, however I hope I am proved wrong and a result like todays does Arthurlie no harm.  Today's results actually make it even more galling that they weren't able to hold the lead last Saturday, as they would have been 3 points ahead of Glencairn. 

I am well aware the team has evolved throughout the season and believe the manager has done a good job considering what he inherited last June.  I usually watch Arthurlie when I don't go to a Killie game and am delighted at the continued improvement the team have shown since I first saw them against Benburb in August.   Hopefully some of the other teams might start doubting themselves and Arthurlie can put more pressure on them, and take advantage of it. 

I know the poster and it was just a remark about the fact that probably more than a few junior teams had folk " injured " when in fact some where in Valencia.
The poster is the least bigoted guy I know but I'm not surprised you jumped on the thread as you can't wait to have a dig at anything St Rochs ....I wonder why ..
None of our injured players were in Valencia today, they were all at the match.

Just when you thought the season was over and you've spent good time looking for yer dummy in the twilight over the side of the pram a week later a set of result like todays come along and give you some hope .3 more valuable points collected from not so sunny Ayrshire....wish I was mystic  meg I hate waiting

Cumbernauld have never been out of the promotion race, I said it last week. With a third of the season still to be played it would be silly to rule them out when they are in 4th place.

Kilsyth probably needed to win today to haul themselves back into contention, it may just be too much for them now.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Cousins son is a Junior referee. Says he laughed at the number of Junior players he saw in Valencia

Ok mate but you could possibly have put more explanation in your post.  You could have asked if anyone else had heard their players were in Valencia.  

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Cumbernauld have never been out of the promotion race, I said it last week. With a third of the season still to be played it would be silly to rule them out when they are in 4th place.

Kilsyth probably needed to win today to haul themselves back into contention, it may just be too much for them now.

I was looking at it  from a practical point of view .We still have to play you , Benburb and Arthurlie .Even were we to win all 3 games it would only create a gap between us and Arthurlie and would only reduce the gap between us and you and Benburb .Rossvale have 4 games in hand on us and have been playing well ...so eventually getting to the crux of the matter we would be depending on other teams beating the 4 of you also , us not dropping anymore points .  In my opinion only none of you have been pitching points away so far...but I pray for all of you to get shite refs , dodgy decisions against you and problems getting your best team on the park........ but as todays results show just about anything could happen.. I hate having hope 

Ok mate but you could possibly have put more explanation in your post.  You could have asked if anyone else had heard their players were in Valencia.  

I was with 2 of them in Valencia who weren’t playing today but if boys want to go to Celtic away games or holiday then big deal they should be able to do what they want.