West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

see this target on players backs its the biggest load of pish ive ever read , i went on the same when we were in adl and we won 22 on the trot !! so because results arent great its down to me ha ha , well i would suggest its down to playing against better teams and better players , nothing more nothing less !  we will enjoy the rest of this season and then prepare all summer for the new season ahead 

Haha, nothing to do wae results doughnut heid and never has been.

Just your over confident, deluded view. Your blinkered appraisal of your overpaid  and under performing Team.

But then I ask myself, are they under performing? They maybe are playing to their level, meaning they are actually just overpaid!

On 21/02/2019 at 07:27, Bigjeffery said:

I’m guessing your something to do with larkhall... and it’s great how you slag off Mushet and Reynolds in this comment.. this was the centre half pairing that got larkhall promoted and have taken arthurlie to 3rd just now in one of the hardest leagues out there.. and other thing glencairn didn’t do anything in that game apart from there 2 goals arthurlie hit the bar twice and were the much better team throughout the game apart from 15mins at the end

I'm guessing you don't know much about Thistle or the promotion campaign, Mushet was in and out of the team and Reynolds played the whole season at left back. Thistle were on a 12 game unbeaten run (10 wins) then Mushet came back into the team and they lost at home to Wishaw, the following week at Neilston he was dropped but he came on at half time with the score 2-2 and Thistle lost. That's not to say he neccessarily cost them the games or that he wasn't any good but he had no pace then and it's two years further on. As for Reynolds he had a very good season, but at left back.

But feel free to come back at the end of the season when the two of them have  helped take Arthurlie up.

1 hour ago, FM7 said:

I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life. Come back to me when you have the stats from Larkhall Thistle’s games from that season and how many Mushet started. Him and Reynolds played a massive part in their promotion that season. How many games did Mushet start that season?  And how many did they win? I’m pretty sure he was the only addition that season and they got promoted from a league they had been in for 5/6 years?.. he must be a terrible player.

Duncan Sinclair took over a Arthurlie  with 5/6 average players from the season before and added as much quality as he could. It was obviously going to take time but they’ve got a team capable of competing at the top end of the league. I think if you asked most Arthurlie supporters at the start of the sssaon they would be more than happy with that?..

This game is all about opinions however please get your facts right before belittling players on a public website. 

Interesting to note that's your first post but nonetheless I'll answer your points.

"get your facts right" - virtually the whole post is facts. I could go to the match reports and come back with numbers but Mushet was in and out the team. Reynolds played left back. Thistle were on a 12 game unbeaten run, etc etc they're all facts. I don't have anything against Mushet or Reynolds - as I said Reynolds had a very good season, in fact I voted for him as player of the year. Mushet big and solid and a good defender when he learned how to head a ball. But these aren't facts, they're opinions.

"I’m pretty sure he was the only addition that season" hmmm you seem to have a good knowledge of Thistle - maybe an ex-player?

"belittling players" aye right, I've said repeatedly I have nothing against them and they both contributed a lot to to Thistle especially Niall Reynolds but even if I had, the whole point of the forum is to voice your opinion and I voiced mine. You said it was rubbish and that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

As for the Arthurlie side of it, I don't know I've only seen them once this season (against us) and the clips from the Glencairn game. Arthurlie lost two goals in that game that were both straight down the middle where I would have expected my centre halfs to be. Hence I made the comment about their lack of pace. If the two of them have been great in Arthurlie's other games and have propelled them to the top 3, fair play to them and to Sinky for sticking by them, as I say I wouldn't know.

But to suggest that the addition of Mushet was the reason that Thistle got promoted after 7 seasons in Division 1 is laughable, there was a team spirit that came about from Sinky and Tam being there long term with players who had played together for 5+ seasons and had gelled as a team - Gracie, Brown, Innes, Canning, Jack, Reynolds, McKeever, Kelly, Reid from memory but a few more too all played a much bigger part in getting Thistle promoted than Mushet did.

In my opinion.

19 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

see this target on players backs its the biggest load of pish ive ever read , i went on the same when we were in adl and we won 22 on the trot !! so because results arent great its down to me ha ha , well i would suggest its down to playing against better teams and better players , nothing more nothing less !  we will enjoy the rest of this season and then prepare all summer for the new season ahead 

looking forward to future visits .the finishing line for this season is in sight and the the front three i cannot see beyond glencairn , benburb and rossvale- sadly.....so like you a year of consolidation with imop the best footballing team in the championship .best of luck for the rest of the season

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

looking forward to future visits .the finishing line for this season is in sight and the the front three i cannot see beyond glencairn , benburb and rossvale- sadly.....so like you a year of consolidation with imop the best footballing team in the championship .best of luck for the rest of the season

That’s the 3 going up no doubt about that but Cumbernauld the best team we have played by a distance , all the best for rest of the season

That’s the 3 going up no doubt about that but Cumbernauld the best team we have played by a distance , all the best for rest of the season
I got slaughtered for saying that earlier this season but I stand by it
Cumbernauld are the best side I have saw us play and despite us winning we got a football lesson at times .

I got slaughtered for saying that earlier this season but I stand by it
Cumbernauld are the best side I have saw us play and despite us winning we got a football lesson at times .
Surely the best team will be the league winners over 30 games. Cumbernauld might play the best football, but as you both say it looks like three teams might finish above them.

I thought Rossvale looked a very good side in our two cup games, and although that's only two matches and not thirty, I would think that anyone who finished above them will definitely go up.

Personally I thought the old Super First was consistently the most competitive league in the West, and I thought it might suffer from the increase, but although there is obviously a huge gulf between top and bottom, the promotion race is as exciting as ever.

Shame that fourth top isn't a playoff as that would be very interesting this season.

17 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Surely the best team will be the league winners over 30 games. Cumbernauld might play the best football, but as you both say it looks like three teams might finish above them.

I thought Rossvale looked a very good side in our two cup games, and although that's only two matches and not thirty, I would think that anyone who finished above them will definitely go up.

Personally I thought the old Super First was consistently the most competitive league in the West, and I thought it might suffer from the increase, but although there is obviously a huge gulf between top and bottom, the promotion race is as exciting as ever.

Shame that fourth top isn't a playoff as that would be very interesting this season.

Yea I agree with all of that mate 

28 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

and best of luck to u today , really tough game and could go either way but u guys seem to know how to win games 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:16, paul wright scores said:

Correct  - you said to me about 10 minutes before the Glens scored their first goal that the manager needed to make a change as Arthurlie had suddenly stopped being able to hold the ball up near the Glens box particularly as Marks had tired after putting in a great shift.  This allowed the Glens to start dictating play.

The bit I highlighted are why I don't think they will get promoted - while it is good to beat the likes of Dalry 8-1 it is the games against the teams at the top which will determine who will go up and I think the Glens and Cumbernauld are more street wise than Arthurlie at present. 

That's a very fair point regards them being more street wise but how long have those two clubs being building, and improving, as a squad compare that to Arthurlie having one player from last season and improving as it goes. Glencairn pumped us at the start of the season so to be disappointed in only getting a point is IMO at least a sign of how far we have come as the season has progressed.

Think back to the start of the season when avoiding relegation was a hope and now some are moaning that we aren't certs to go up?

That's a very fair point regards them being more street wise but how long have those two clubs being building, and improving, as a squad compare that to Arthurlie having one player from last season and improving as it goes. Glencairn pumped us at the start of the season so to be disappointed in only getting a point is IMO at least a sign of how far we have come as the season has progressed.
Think back to the start of the season when avoiding relegation was a hope and now some are moaning that we aren't certs to go up?

I don’t think anyone is moaning about not going up but we got ourselves into a position to do so and I will be disappointed not to go up because was in our own hands. Of course we have improved and has said by an number of people (including myself) that the manager deserves a lot of credit for improving as the season has gone on. But that doesn’t take away that we were 2-0 up last week and through it away last week. Streetwise doesn’t need to come from the players on the park it can come from the bench recognising a game has changed. It would of put a huge marker down last week to take 3 points.

We have an opportunity to make up for it today, let’s hope we can take it.

16 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Finished 4-4, if you stop playing for 45 minutes you can't expect to win.

well what should been an easy 3 points ended up with none .darvel well  deserved winners  with ten men   yes that's right ten men tho did think glens had perfectly good goal  not given in first half looked yard over line  then nine so my theory still same do glens management want  too go up hmmm strange team selection today in my opinion   I was well off the mark with my prediction .tho sol  I will get it right next week 

2 minutes ago, glenco said:

well what should been an easy 3 points ended up with none .darvel well  deserved winners  with ten men   yes that's right ten men tho did think glens had perfectly good goal  not given in first half looked yard over line  then nine so my theory still same do glens management want  too go up hmmm strange team selection today in my opinion   I was well off the mark with my prediction .tho sol  I will get it right next week 

Easy win for u :whistle:whistle

ur words ha ha ha 

4-4 at home to Benburb, cracking game of football, but the ref was a shocker imo, how the number 5 for Ben's only got a yellow for his tackle on Dolan is beyond me, and guess who headed in the equaliser in the 93rd minute? but good luck to Benburb, they are a good side, good to see our home form returning after last week's shocker

Edited by Krfc 10

...do glens management want  too go up hmmm strange team selection today...

Glencairn only had 14 outfield players available for today, and two of them (Donaldson and Ryan Kerr) pulled up injured in the warm-up, leaving us with only 12 outfield players. We had to call two players up from the under 21s from Glasgow Green who didn't arrive until after kick off. That explains the team selection, so your suggestion about the Glencairn management not wanting to go up is not only massively ill-informed, but it is also massively insulting to people who do more than you could possibly imagine for the club you claim to support.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Glencairn only had 14 outfield players available for today, and two of them (Donaldson and Ryan Kerr) pulled up injured in the warm-up, leaving us with only 12 outfield players. We had to call two players up from the under 21s from Glasgow Green who didn't arrive until after kick off. That explains the team selection, so your suggestion about the Glencairn management not wanting to go up is not only massively ill-informed, but it is also massively insulting to people who do more than you could possibly imagine for the club you claim to support.

Some people just don't seem to know the work that goes on behind the scenes