West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Quite right, only one game into a 30 match campaign. You don't win titles or get relegated in August, lots of points to be won yet. Looking forward to hosting you guys on the 1st.

T
Thanks tombo absolutely lots of football still to be played .
Looking forward to visiting you lads aswell a good wee day out for the fans plus on a personal level it's my first visit so always exciting visiting new grounds .

I'll give them a week. No points and you'd start to ask questions of any team. It ain't one game but as an oracle of Junior football pointed out, how many goals in the last 4 matches have these teams shipped. That would point to the defence in each team being of the chocolate teapot variety.
We beat petershill last Saturday lost to Arthurlie this Saturday so no need to be hitting the panic button after 1 league game .
Yes we need to sort a couple of issues out but it's a learning curve for us and I'm convinced we will more games than we lose

40 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

I'll give them a week. No points and you'd start to ask questions of any team. It ain't one game but as an oracle of Junior football pointed out, how many goals in the last 4 matches have these teams shipped. That would point to the defence in each team being of the chocolate teapot variety.

Obviously not a great start to the new league campaign for the roch but like graffiti said no need for panic.  Even if no points picked up in the first 3 games i still cant see the roch going down. 

Thanks tombo absolutely lots of football still to be played .
Looking forward to visiting you lads aswell a good wee day out for the fans plus on a personal level it's my first visit so always exciting visiting new grounds .
Good stuff and you can enjoy a wee refreshment or two in the clubhouse.[emoji6]

A good win for us today, it's always good to get three points on day one. We will play a lot better than we did today, so it was a good three points to get.

Benburb were pretty decent, and at 3-0 to us after an hour I was commenting that it never seemed like a 3-0 match at that stage.

Bens pulled a goal back in strange circumstances, but they never really looked like scoring again and we should have added a couple more with the big chances we had near the end.

All in all a very pleasing start for us.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

90 minutes played out of a 30 game season and Craigmark, the Roch and Larkhall are bottom three already. I'll give them to this time next Saturday before i condemn them to the drop. 3 games in a week and no points  then it will be standby, bomb doors 

23 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

If we get relegated  - I will run the length of the Garngad Road nude and give £20 to every person who calls me a fat specky b

It won't happen on my watch and that is a guarantee 

X

Tell you what, keep your clothes on.

I'll give £20 if you run down Larkhall Main St wearing a Roch Jersey.

Good result for the farmers boys today coming from a goal down to beat Girvan. Never an easy place to go, but the boys dug in and got the result. It's only one game though,and with some of the results  elsewhere in this league,I won't read too much into it. Shaping up to be a cracking season. All the best to all involved

just to add it was great getting back in amongst the Ayrshire teams. Looking forward to many more trips down the coast this season

Very early in season to really say but looking like a leauge of two halves with Saturdays results. Some clubs maybe not up to full strength yet time will tell.
Alright Gavin, hopefully we will be at full strength on Saturday against your mob. Eric is down for a double training session this week to secure a starting spot.[emoji6]
We are still in the early stages of rebuilding as you know so Saturday's result was a good start, hopefully we will have more highs than lows in the league, but it's early days like you say.[emoji106]
T

Tomorrow night's games :-

Benburb (10th) v Arthurlie (1st)

Craigmark Burntonians (16th) v Girvan (11th)

Irvine Victoria (2nd) v Kello Rovers (12th)

Larkhall Thistle (14th) v Cumbernauld United (4th)

Neilston Juniors (6th) v Dalry Thistle (5th)

Rossvale (9th) v Kilsyth Rangers (3rd)

St Roch's (15th) v Darvel Juniors (8th)

Whitletts Victoria (13th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th)

Your thoughts ?

Tomorrow night's games :-
Benburb (10th) v Arthurlie (1st)
Craigmark Burntonians (16th) v Girvan (11th)
Irvine Victoria (2nd) v Kello Rovers (12th)
Larkhall Thistle (14th) v Cumbernauld United (4th)
Neilston Juniors (6th) v Dalry Thistle (5th)
Rossvale (9th) v Kilsyth Rangers (3rd)
St Roch's (15th) v Darvel Juniors (8th)
Whitletts Victoria (13th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th)
Your thoughts ?
Away
Away
Draw
Away
Home
Draw
Draw
Away