West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

17 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Eh ? Every one beats Kilsyth at home 

don’t think I’ve ever seen anything Lockie it in the juniors win every home game lose every away game 

something no right 

Very strange situation legend, never seen anything like it myself, yesterday was the worst performance this season on our travels imo, although well done to the young lads of Whitletts, home to Irvine Vics next Saturday and I would expect a reaction from the players, had Craig Beattie in the dugout yesterday and I hope he can have an influence

Very strange situation legend, never seen anything like it myself, yesterday was the worst performance this season on our travels imo, although well done to the young lads of Whitletts, home to Irvine Vics next Saturday and I would expect a reaction from the players, had Craig Beattie in the dugout yesterday and I hope he can have an influence
Don't want to take anything away from Whitletts who derservedly got all 3pts yesterday but wee were rank rotten
Had some brilliant home display's spoiled by realy inept performance's away from home , strange that one off our 3 away wins was at St.roch's a traditionly hard place to get all 3pts [emoji848], i don't have the answers [emoji849]

27 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

There is no doubt if you’s could win away from home you would be promotion contenders , ever thought of travel pills ?!? 

Just now, Terry Tibbs said:

You’ll be glad it was just an average Whitletts that tanked you 3-0, we had 6 1st team regulars sitting in the stand yesterday

Two of us came on and said well done to the young lads of Whitletts and you deserved the win,  if you want to start with the words tanked you etc, well you can look back on the game at Duncansfield last month, your right about your average team, we never turned up, if those 6 guys sitting in the stand as you say would make that big a difference to your team, you would be higher up the league, we were respectful in defeat, and now you want to come out with that pish

Guest Moomintroll
Dalry beat 8-1. I wouldn't mind it as much if the players looked like they wanted to play  but from the first whistle they looked like they didn't want to be there, won't be winning any games if we only have 4 players out of the 11 trying. Absolute fucking disgrace.
Thanks for getting us promoted but It's time to go, build the team round the boys that want to be there & get the rest to f**k.
You get games like that sometimes, lose the plot, swear at everything that moves then smile and believe next week will be so much different.

Two of us came on and said well done to the young lads of Whitletts and you deserved the win,  if you want to start with the words tanked you etc, well you can look back on the game at Duncansfield last month, your right about your average team, we never turned up, if those 6 guys sitting in the stand as you say would make that big a difference to your team, you would be higher up the league, we were respectful in defeat, and now you want to come out with that pish

Settle down ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ Most of they six boys have been long term injuries, so aye, we should be higher up the league

What do we think the points total requirement for promotion will be, give that the promotion contenders have to play each other over the next few weeks ?

2nd February - Cumbernauld United v Arthurlie

2nd February - Whitletts Victoria v Benburb

9th February - Rutherglen Glencairn v Cumbernauld United

16th February - Arthurlie v Rutherglen Glencairn

16th February - Cumbernauld United v Rossvale

23rd February - Arthurlie v Rossvale

23rd February - Kilsyth Rangers v Benburb

2nd March - Rossvale v Benburb

9th March - Arthurlie v Kilsyth Rangers

9th March - Whitletts Victoria v Rossvale

23rd March - Arthurlie v Benburb

30th March - Cumbernauld United v Benburb

13th April - Rutherglen Glencairn v Rossvale

20th April - Kilsyth Rangers v Rossvale

Date to be confirmed - Kilsyth Rangers v Rutherglen Glencairn

50 minutes ago, glensmad said:

What do we think the points total requirement for promotion will be, give that the promotion contenders have to play each other over the next few weeks ?

2nd February - Cumbernauld United v Arthurlie

2nd February - Whitletts Victoria v Benburb

9th February - Rutherglen Glencairn v Cumbernauld United

16th February - Arthurlie v Rutherglen Glencairn

16th February - Cumbernauld United v Rossvale

23rd February - Arthurlie v Rossvale

23rd February - Kilsyth Rangers v Benburb

2nd March - Rossvale v Benburb

9th March - Arthurlie v Kilsyth Rangers

9th March - Whitletts Victoria v Rossvale

23rd March - Arthurlie v Benburb

30th March - Cumbernauld United v Benburb

13th April - Rutherglen Glencairn v Rossvale

20th April - Kilsyth Rangers v Rossvale

Date to be confirmed - Kilsyth Rangers v Rutherglen Glencairn

I can't see Whitletts or Kilsyth getting into the top 3 now. Think they will have a say in who does, but would be very surprised if they got there. Given the form of the Top 5, it is going to take 60+ points for promotion.  

I can't see Whitletts or Kilsyth getting into the top 3 now. Think they will have a say in who does, but would be very surprised if they got there. Given the form of the Top 5, it is going to take 60+ points for promotion.  

I don’t think we’ll catch top 3 either, id be over the moon with top 6 and finishing top Ayrshire team in the league

7 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I would tend to agree, however I haven't ruled Kilsyth out of the promotion equation yet. They are a very good side at home, although their away form has been very poor. Looking at who they have still to play away from home, I reckon they could get 9 points out of 12 from those games. If they continue their home form (they have won every home league game) then they will certainly be in promotion contention.

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I would tend to agree, however I haven't ruled Kilsyth out of the promotion equation yet. They are a very good side at home, although their away form has been very poor. Looking at who they have still to play away from home, I reckon they could get 9 points out of 12 from those games. If they continue their home form (they have won every home league game) then they will certainly be in promotion contention.

Their home form is outstanding, and if they continue in that vein then they might force their way in. Would need to beat both You, Benburb and Us to have any chance. A big ask to beat all 3, although not impossible. Would also probably need to beat Arthurlie away. 

I think a lot of the race will hinge on how many points Rossvale pick up from their games in hand over the others. It is defo 3 from 5 for me 

I wouldn't want to put money on Arthurlie getting there. We really need to beat everyone and hope they cut each others throats.  For all we have improved drastically we aren't quite at the level where we can go and beat everyone until the end of the season i don't think.  I worry about Cumbernauld next week. They destroyed us at Dunterlie .  Glens, Benburb and Rossvale for me.

Edited by Satori.

To be frank we're not good enough imo to be in the top 3
But our home form means we'l have a big say in who does get there , honestly some games at home we've been magnificent and played some brilliant football on the deck and destroyed a few teams but away from hope been rubbish wn that's being kind [emoji849]