West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

I suggest you go and read up on it mate. The club had very very little say in the layout. Exactly and the same applies in reverse, Rossvale have a pitch, but as the council own the facility, they cant really do a lot. You dont get Council tennants putting an extension on their Council House. 

Whitletts paid 6 grand for dug outs in our council facility, sadly blew doon and damaged beyond repair in the high winds a couple seasons back. We also put a tv in to the bar, paid for an outside aerial to be installed, also pay the tv license, installed fridge freezers to store beer, juice etc, pie heaters to sell hot food, and theres probably a guid few things iv forgotten about. Surely if your improving the place for everyone and not just yourselves then why would the council have a problem with that?

18 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Whitletts paid 6 grand for dug outs in our council facility, sadly blew doon and damaged beyond repair in the high winds a couple seasons back. We also put a tv in to the bar, paid for an outside aerial to be installed, also pay the tv license, installed fridge freezers to store beer, juice etc, pie heaters to sell hot food, and theres probably a guid few things iv forgotten about. Surely if your improving the place for everyone and not just yourselves then why would the council have a problem with that?

The issue there Terry, might  be that there isn't a bar to put a tely, fridge etc etc ...  into

The issue there Terry, might  be that there isn't a bar to put a tely, fridge etc etc ...  into

We never had a bar either, we just serve from a hatch in the kitchen into a basic room with some tables n chairs in it, hence why we stuck a telly in there to at least get the fitba results up

Eta

And I don’t think our ground is perfect btw, we having nothing in the place that even suggests we play there and the atmosphere is mostly terrible due to how far away we are from the pitch, but we have done all we can to try and make it more like a home. Just saying there might be a few things you can do yourselves to make the match day experience a bit better for fans, you might even pick some more up yourselves with a few small changes

2 hours ago, DanMan said:

The ground is deemed suitable by the SJFA.,

To pay £6 to get in to "see" a game of football, and then you can't see because your 4 deep in the spectator areas as they're called is unsuitable in my book, and with a decent crowd expected from Hurlford, that's why, and don't worry, I won't be at a game at the place again

Edited by Krfc 10

1 minute ago, Krfc 10 said:

To pay £6 to get in to "see" a game of football, and then you can't see because your 4 deep in the spectator areas as they're called is unsuitable in my book, and with a decent crowd expected from Hurlford, that's why

Also to pay 6 quid and see players running about a farmers field with posts is also not acceptable for me. Dont see it being 4 deep to be honest, but I do take your point. However as it is the last 16, I think Rossvale should take every advantage against a team that is top of the prem. Again just my opinion

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Just looking at the pics on Non League Scotland, why are there two pens, and can you get them joined up? seems utterly pointless to me.

Also, do Rossvale have a lease, or just rent per match?

I have no idea mate, I just go watch. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. I agree the gap between the 2 areas is a bit bizarre, don't really see the point. If it had a stepped area, it would be way better. 

Edited by DanMan

11 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

To pay £6 to get in to "see" a game of football, and then you can't see because your 4 deep in the spectator areas as they're called is unsuitable in my book, and with a decent crowd expected from Hurlford, that's why, and don't worry, I won't be at a game at the place again

refused to go  there or Gartcairn......not advocating others should do the same it's just not for me .....plastic field surrounded by mesh is no more a football arena than flying air 

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

refused to go  there or Gartcairn......not advocating others should do the same it's just not for me .....plastic field surrounded by mesh is no more a football arena than flying air 

Ur rite they shouldn’t be playing junior football 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur rite they shouldn’t be playing junior football 

Given that they are 30 places higher than other junior teams, I would disagree entirely with you. Unless you mean Rossvale who have 42 teams below them, and that is just the West Region. (Including The Galactico's)

Edited by DanMan

3 hours ago, DanMan said:

Given that they are 30 places higher than other junior teams, I would disagree entirely with you. Unless you mean Rossvale who have 42 teams below them, and that is just the West Region. (Including The Galactico's)

you are missing the point by a mile friend ..not talking about teams , supporters or people running the clubs talking about  ' wendy house facilities "...not for me under any circumstances 

13 minutes ago, Village elder said:

you are missing the point by a mile friend ..not talking about teams , supporters or people running the clubs talking about  ' wendy house facilities "...not for me under any circumstances 

So it's ok to play on a Farmers field with goalposts, as long as you can get a pie and a pint.

Give me craigmarks, kello, St rochs, dalry, anyday, they may not have the best playing surfaces but at least there's an atmosphere at they grounds, fans pay to watch, and if the grounds not upto it they won't return, hence fans boycotting your ground, if your financially stable then you've nothing to worry about, but if your dependent on fans you may encounter problems in the future if your not going to try and at least improve the spectators experience,

I have no idea mate, I just go watch. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. I agree the gap between the 2 areas is a bit bizarre, don't really see the point. If it had a stepped area, it would be way better. 
Regardless of whether you have a good view or not what's the capacity?
Personally I can do without a pie or a bovril and can even cope with getting wet, but I'd like to watch the game.

8 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Regardless of whether you have a good view or not what's the capacity?
Personally I can do without a pie or a bovril and can even cope with getting wet, but I'd like to watch the game.

Unless you guys are bringing hundreds, you will see the game fine mate. Should be decent as well. Regardless of surroundings, Rossvale do get the ball down and play decent football. You will get a free tea / coffee and biscuit at half time. We do try to overcome the obstacles. Drop me a message pre kick off if you fancy a chat

Edited by DanMan