Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
glensmad

West Region Championship thread 2018-19

Recommended Posts

I'd Rutherglen Glencairn running away with the league. A few hours later i realised they hadn't made it out of the League Cup section.
Oops.

They dropped the majority of their team tonight so don’t read too much into that result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Geordies record since he came in is unreal. Il still be happy with surviva though. Seems a few teams are starting from scratch, so i reckon keeping our boys together and adding 3/4 should see us do ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheNauld said:


They dropped the majority of their team tonight so don’t read too much into that result

Few interesting results tonight. Be a few shocks in this league if any teams take anything for granted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geordies record since he came in is unreal. Il still be happy with surviva though. Seems a few teams are starting from scratch, so i reckon keeping our boys together and adding 3/4 should see us do ok

Its time you changed the record, he’s done next to nothing since he came. I was hearing he might not be around soon???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

I thought Girvan might struggle in this league this season after losing so many players, but after seeing them tonight they will do ok. They still have 7/8 from their premier league team, and with a few added they will do ok

Yes, add 3/4 and you will have a starting eleven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so it’s here opening weekend

looking forward to Girvan away  ...feel wee hv decent squad when all available 

hv to be fast out traps in the league dnt want to be left behind 

 

can see st rochs giving arthurlie a  wake up call tomoz ... candy right gd attacking team and arthurlie look very shakey  at back but never know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the lad that got carried off on Wednesday night? It looked like a bad one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

And so it’s here opening weekend

looking forward to Girvan away  ...feel wee hv decent squad when all available 

hv to be fast out traps in the league dnt want to be left behind 

 

can see st rochs giving arthurlie a  wake up call tomoz ... candy right gd attacking team and arthurlie look very shakey  at back but never know 

Promotion and relegation candidates to be in place by September Weekend. Doubt there will any surprises. Three going up should see at least five teams going for it. I don't see a Petershill like last year running away with it. At the bottom end i'd be looking to two out the six that came up from the District Leagues to be in relegation trouble very quickly. Think Larkhall and St Roch's will find it hard going.

Be wary of P&B talk. If they couldn't cut it last year and all that. Those who seriously strengthened the team will be winners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2018 at 07:39, Darvel legend said:

I see getting beat 6-1 last night has made the bookies cut our odds to 5-1 for title 

mcbookie must have been at the game last night :whistle

They sent David Blunkett to represent them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, combineharvester said:

And so it’s here opening weekend

looking forward to Girvan away  ...feel wee hv decent squad when all available 

hv to be fast out traps in the league dnt want to be left behind 

 

can see st rochs giving arthurlie a  wake up call tomoz ... candy right gd attacking team and arthurlie look very shakey  at back but never know 

It looks a good league and hopefully not one will runaway with it (I know 1 team that won’t but think they will) and it keeps it interesting until the very end. 

I think Craigmark could struggle to stay in the division. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Promotion and relegation candidates to be in place by September Weekend. Doubt there will any surprises. Three going up should see at least five teams going for it. I don't see a Petershill like last year running away with it. At the bottom end i'd be looking to two out the six that came up from the District Leagues to be in relegation trouble very quickly. Think Larkhall and St Roch's will find it hard going.

Be wary of P&B talk. If they couldn't cut it last year and all that. Those who seriously strengthened the team will be winners.

Could not disagree  more , would be very surprised if it does not go down to the wire at the top and bottom! Should be a very interesting league.

Edited by Seaside Sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Could not disagree  more , would be very surprised if it does not go down to the wire at the top and bottom! Should be a very interesting league.

Hopefully i'm wrong and your right. Sadly every season teams,  in this case three teams will face the drop. I'll go for two teams to go into free fall with the third team coming from anyone of four. My three for the drop are Craigmark, Larkhall and St Roch's. Up to them to prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect St Roch's to be at the top end of the table, don't think they will be anywhere near the bottom three. They're a good side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On current form we will definitely struggle this season,we would rather safe guard the club than over spend and put it in jeopardy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I reckon Whitletts will win more games than we lose this season, thats as guid a prediction as you’ll get from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Craigmark and larkhall for relegation the 3rd I’m not so sure about. I think it could be any of 4 or 5. Teams will be beating each other keeping that 3rd relegation spot interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always followed the Super First quite closely as it was usually the most competitive league IMO, and as such usually my predictions have been rubbish.

Therefore with no expectation of being right, my kiss of death for the top 3 in no particular order is Rutherglen, Rossvale & Darvel.

Fans of Craigmark, Irvine Vics and Larkhall can sleep easier knowing that they are my tip for the bottom 3.

As usual I will not be investing any of my children's future inheritance on either of these predictions, but I do wish all the teams good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

I've always followed the Super First quite closely as it was usually the most competitive league IMO, and as such usually my predictions have been rubbish.

Therefore with no expectation of being right, my kiss of death for the top 3 in no particular order is Rutherglen, Rossvale & Darvel.

Fans of Craigmark, Irvine Vics and Larkhall can sleep easier knowing that they are my tip for the bottom 3.

As usual I will not be investing any of my children's future inheritance on either of these predictions, but I do wish all the teams good luck.

Not many teams come into the super first and get promoted.  Good luck to rossvale but cant see them going up at first tine of asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...