• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
glensmad

West Region Championship thread 2018-19

Kello 0-3 neilston

much needed away win and clean sheet for a change 

park was extremely heavy but that didn’t stop kello passing game in 1st half passing it out from back was neat and tidy to watch but at times tried  it far too much mibbie that’s been one of there downfalls 

two early goals in 2nd half killed the game 

very solid from us today  

The Bens are top of the league, pip pip.

Excellent performance yesterday, a solid defence that broke quickly and easily picked off a lumbering Cumbernauld defence. I see the United twitter saying that the pelanty was on the dubious side, not sure why when it was as clear a foul as you'll see all season - badly timed effort from the centre half that took the feet away of the attacker.

We welcome the chase ;)

The video is rendering just now, but it will be tomorrow morning before I manage to upload it.
My thoughts, having watched it again are it wasn't a penalty, unless it was given for the clash with the goalkeeper after advantage was played, which I doubt. To be fair the referee saw it better than me. The two red cards were a given. McDonald should have been off for his first yellow. The 2nd red card was a lash out. I agree our player milked it, but nevertheless it was cynical. I thought St Roch's were worthy of their 2-1 lead as after they equalised they were dominant for a while, spurred on by great support. Would love that passion at Rutherglen. On the whole I think a draw was fair.
I have not seen the match video yet and I missed the penalty as the switch in the club kitchen tripped as I was getting a cuppa so went to find our groundsman to sort it lol
At the game I thought both reds were harsh but I admit I do watch the game with green tinted glasses so will need to watch the highlights later.
On reflection it was good hard fought match and both teams dominated for spells so I agree a draw was probably a fair result in the end .
I'm still not happy with this screaming business by players and thought Glencairn were really bad for it yesterday your number six would have woken the dead with the scream he let out yesterday after one tackle yet was up leading an attack seconds later .
It has to be cut out and refs need to treat this the same as diving in my opinion and book the culprits.

31 minutes ago, Jason King said:

The Bens are top of the league, pip pip.

Excellent performance yesterday, a solid defence that broke quickly and easily picked off a lumbering Cumbernauld defence. I see the United twitter saying that the pelanty was on the dubious side, not sure why when it was as clear a foul as you'll see all season - badly timed effort from the centre half that took the feet away of the attacker.

We welcome the chase ;)

A couple of weeks ago i said i thought Cumbernauld would win the league and then you lot go and pump them !!  Great stuff from the Bens.   A few people are waiting for them to implode but they just keep rolling along.  Paul Lovering is a lunatic on the sidelines but he has had his team up for every challenge so far this season.   New Tinto park is a fortress but they are also doing the business away from home.   I don't want to jinx them but i think they are a certainty to go up.

Personally I hope benburb implode I despise there long baw up and at em Football and if the candy don't win the title I will be rooting for Cumbernauld or Rossvale to win the title as imo they are the best footballing teams in the division .
Before the crying starts or the abuse I prefer football to be played on the grass not the sky and that's my opinion tho I accept Football matches can and will be won playing different styles .