West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

54 minutes ago, Westender1904 said:

Managed to snap a picture of the "poor" pitch that both teams played on , hey also managed to get Krfc 10 shadow in to :0))

20181118_120629.jpg

Lol, nice pic mate, am taller than that :), look you've maybe taken my comments to heart a bit, and I wasn't meaning to slate it too much, good wee club down there at the Vics and some nice people I spoke too, I just meant as soon as the game started the ball was bobbling all over the place and most players were struggling to keep their feet, as I said well done on the 3 points and good luck for the rest of the season, I hope you take more points off other teams at Victoria park

And that’s the difference in this league the teams at the top can go away from home and grind out results , we lost all away games early on and now we are getting draws which normally would be acceptable  but with the start we had we need to be taking all 3 points but it’s all good fun 

51 minutes ago, FlyHigh said:

Whit about Darvel wee mediocre team who spent a fortune and done nothing

There no very good

Spent a fortune ? Have we ? We haven’t bought one player this season , every one we signed was out of contract so this nonsense about spending a fortune is just that , nonsense 

14 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Spent a fortune ? Have we ? We haven’t bought one player this season , every one we signed was out of contract so this nonsense about spending a fortune is just that , nonsense 

Yes.

Forgetting about the wages and the £100,000 budget that was requested..

4 minutes ago, FlyHigh said:

I’m quite sure strain will want that budget next season same as he done at AWR and wasted the lot and won hehaw

Compared to the budget of other clubs in the league it really is embarrassing that they are not even close to challenging 

22 minutes ago, Thereporter said:

Wait a minute George, you’re rumoured to be on £300 a week, your budget must be one of the biggest in any league.

George? 

Close,but no cigar. 

And I doubt he would be anywhere near that much 

Edited by yoyopack

It might be difficult to play on but I wouldn’t say leveller. I don’t expect Irvine vics to beat many of the top 6 teams on that pitch if any at all and that’s because I don’t believe it’s a leveller. 
I think Kilsyth had an off day and would probably win 4 out of 5 times if they were to play them on that pitch in that condition.
Maybe Kilsyth didn’t have an off day and vics were just really on their game. 
I've just watched the video of our goals and not one of them was scored as a result of route one football( missed the first 30 mins on Saturday, so never seen them score).
Kilsyth had an off day like you say as they certainly made a lot of chances but the pitch was the same for both teams, who tried to play passing football. The Vics were just more clinical with the opportunities that came their way.
T