• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
glensmad

West Region Championship thread 2018-19

6 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It was 4-2 when starky was sent off

I don't think you were particularly great that day and I maintain we were as poor as Kilysth were good but what I will say is that your forward had a great game and punished our defence for every mistake they made.

I cant really say much more than you deserved to win on the day so don't accept the criticism given to me for having an opinion on the result of a game on Saturday between Arthurlie v cumbernauld as it was hardly controversial

I didn't have a problem with what you said about that game gotw, I just disagreed with what you were saying as to why you lost a game or games conceding 6 goals, basically saying it was down to St Roch's not turning up on the day, good luck on Saturday and in the Scottish

Graffiti's Post got me thinking. Who is the best team you have faced so far ??

For me the best we have faced is Benburb. 

Benburb and Rossvale, hard to split them. Closely followed by Cumbernauld United.

The current top 3 are the only teams to best us so far and out them i was impressed with Cumbernauld, then Rutherglen over Benburb. I know they beat us 4-0 but with a bit of luck and better finishing it should’ve been far closer than that

No doubt I will cop a few snide comments but I'm not a fan of benburb at all
Just long ball merchants hard to play against yes but they leave me cold as I don't enjoy that style of football.

Haha your another long baw merchants team legend
I have seen far better teams in the league than Darvel but maybe the new manager has changed your style since you were sent packing from the Garngad empty handed

Don’t mind me asking Beckanbaur, because of events outside my control on Saturday (the old mother aged 94 is getting near her time so to speak and her indoors wants the gang nearby just in case) i can’t make it along to Ayrshire on Saturday to see the Candy play Dalry Thistle. The alternative plan i’d had in mind was to take in the Cambuslang Rangers v Yoker cup tie. I’ll be taking a couple of my grandchildren along.  One is 21 and English the other is 7 and likes Rangers plus i’ve gave a shout to a retired mate of mine from Ruglen. Obviously other than admission money i’d buy a few raffle tickets and a programme if one is on sale. Plus of course catering and maybe a couple of haufs for the old yin. We don’t shout or swear. Just 4 punters looking forward to a Junior game.
Thing is, as a St Roch’s supporter who can’t manage to get along by to see the Candy would i be welcome or is it best i look for another game?

That is honestly the most pointless post I’ve ever seen. You do what you want. Even wear your st rochs stuff if u want! I admire your support for junior game and just want to see a game ! That’s great.
Why would you not be welcome?
Unless you were one of the support who could be identified as hurling the sectarian abuse at the cambuslang players during the 1-0 win for st rochs and 4-0 win for cambuslang the last two times st rochs visited.

6 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Unless you were one of the support who could be identified as hurling the sectarian abuse at the cambuslang players during the 1-0 win for st rochs and 4-0 win for cambuslang the last two times st rochs visited.

I heard it and I also heard a number of St Rochs fans attempting to quiet them down. Unfortunately, the odd rocket let them down in the 4-0 game. The funny thing is one of the players abused is a son of the Garngad. 

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We haven’t played a team better than us but glencairn are best side we have played 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

I heard it and I also heard a number of St Rochs fans attempting to quiet them down. Unfortunately, the odd rocket let them down in the 4-0 game. The funny thing is one of the players abused is a son of the Garngad. 
Must have been at a different game from me then

10 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

That is honestly the most pointless post I’ve ever seen. You do what you want. Even wear your st rochs stuff if u want! I admire your support for junior game and just want to see a game ! That’s great.
Why would you not be welcome?

Mate we’re only going to watch a football match, not play a bit part in the Sopranos.

Mate we’re only going to watch a football match, not play a bit part in the Sopranos.
Glenconner go watch Shettleston v Darvel have a pint with that crackpot Legend then watch Shettleston beat them 🤣 rather than standing with Don Corni Mutton and his cartel at the Lang 🤣

14 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

We haven’t played a team better than us but glencairn are best side we have played 

4 wins from 12 would indicate otherwise

Edited by DanMan

2 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Glenconner go watch Shettleston v Darvel have a pint with that crackpot Legend then watch Shettleston beat them  rather than standing with Don Corni Mutton and his cartel at the Lang 

Or take your Ru'glen pal to Wishaw to see the West Cup tie if it's on.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Or take your Ru'glen pal to Wishaw to see the West Cup tie if it's on.

Thank you, glensmad.

A wee bit of cover and a pie and bovril for sale is all i’m looking for. 

29 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Thank you, glensmad.

See u the morn at shettleston then 

Thank you, glensmad.

U'l b welcome over at Kilsyth v Girvan to Glenconner , we're not to far away from you