• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
glensmad

West Region Championship thread 2018-19

8 hours ago, The Serpent said:

Cameron wasn't in Peter's championship winning team

Good point. You are correct, he was at Whitletts that season.

So as it stands just now we are waiting on 2 teams to complete next seasons line up.

Arthurlie

Blantyre Victoria

Cambuslang Rangers

Craigmark Burntonians

Cumbernauld United/Rossvale

Dalry

Darvel

Gartcairn

Irvine Victoria

Kilsyth Rangers

Neilston

Petershill

Renfrew/Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Shotts Bon Accord

St Rochs

Whitletts Victoria

Looks like another hard league next season.

Arthurlie
Blantyre Victoria
Cambuslang Rangers
Craigmark Burntonians
Dalry
Darvel
Gartcairn
Irvine Victoria
Kilsyth Rangers
Neilston
Petershill
Renfrew
Shotts Bon Accord
St Rochs
Whitletts Victoria
Now just waiting on Rossvales results to see if its them or Cumbernauld United who gain promotion.

1 hour ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Arthurlie
Blantyre Victoria
Cambuslang Rangers
Craigmark Burntonians
Dalry
Darvel
Gartcairn
Irvine Victoria
Kilsyth Rangers
Neilston
Petershill
Renfrew
Shotts Bon Accord
St Rochs
Whitletts Victoria
Now just waiting on Rossvales results to see if its them or Cumbernauld United who gain promotion.

You taking over from glensmad now that he's buggered off to the premier League :)

8 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

You taking over from glensmad now that he's buggered off to the premier League :)

See you have lost ur top scorer mate to the seniors 

3 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

So as it stands just now we are waiting on 2 teams to complete next seasons line up.

Arthurlie

Blantyre Victoria

Cambuslang Rangers

Craigmark Burntonians

Dalry

Darvel

Gartcairn

Irvine Victoria

Kilsyth Rangers

Neilston

Petershill

Renfrew/Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

Shotts Bon Accord

St Rochs

Whitletts Victoria

Looks like another hard league next season.

Yea petershill Renfrew and Kilsyth will be strong favourites to go up 

You taking over from glensmad now that he's buggered off to the premier League
Don't write me off just yet.

Darvel will be bookies favourites when odds come out in July/August due to money being spent and quality of players arriving plus the daft money that Darvel fans put on their team each season at the bookies lowers the odds...

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

See you have lost ur top scorer mate to the seniors 

Yip,no surprise there, 41 goals this season, not a done deal yet I was told on saturday but likely, alot of goals to replace

Any chance of a tap to buy a new one with all the dough you've got :)

Edited by Krfc 10

Petershill will need to bring some new blood in if they have any ambitions of going straight back up. I know we at Camby are looking to just try stay in the division next season.

8 minutes ago, thelangonline said:
8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Petershill will need to bring some new blood in if they have any ambitions of going straight back up. I know we at Camby are looking to just try stay in the division next season.

We are the same mate if we can finish top 5 we will be delighted 

39 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

We are the same mate if we can finish top 5 we will be delighted 

f**k off!!!

Only top 5 n Mick will be sacked!

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Darvel will be bookies favourites when odds come out in July/August due to money being spent and quality of players arriving plus the daft money that Darvel fans put on their team each season at the bookies lowers the odds...

The bookies are rarely wrong. They weren't this season. :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The bookies are rarely wrong. They weren't this season. :thumsup2

Congratulations on promotion Glens, how do you rate your chances when visiting Talbot, Beith the Polloks etc, or will home form be enough to consolidate life in Premiership next season, be the goal.What do you realistically expect from your team coming up.

2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Congratulations on promotion Glens, how do you rate your chances when visiting Talbot, Beith the Polloks etc, or will home form be enough to consolidate life in Premiership next season, be the goal.What do you realistically expect from your team coming up.

It's hard to say at the moment till I see how many of our squad we hold onto and what shape we'll be in.

The last three times we have been promoted to the top league (1998, 2000, 2010) (in whatever formats the leagues were in at the time) we were relegated again the following season.

2010-11 of course was exceptional circumstances, as we lost our management team and almost the entire squad to Petershill only a couple of weeks after winning the Super League Division One, so Willie Harvey had to throw a team together from scratch at only a few weeks' notice to play in the top league in junior football. It was never going to work, and there wasn't a manager in junior football who wold have kept us up that season.

This year will be different, though. While I do expect us to lose a few players (we know the big money clubs are hovering), we hope that the majority of this season's squad will come with us into the Premiership, and we will hopefully add to the squad with a few Premiership standard players.

How will we perform ? Well, you know me, I hate making predictions, especially about my own team. I certainly think we're capable of staying up this time, although I'm conscious that the three teams who are being relegated this season were all promoted last summer (1st, 2nd and 4th).

We take encouragement, though, from the performance of Irvine Meadow, Largs Thistle and Troon who edged us out of the play-off positions last season, and have all stayed up comfortably this season. It's interesting to note that the the teams 3rd, 5th and 6th in last season's Super Division One have all done better than the teams in 1st, 2nd and 4th, with Meadow and Largs finishing in the top half of the table.

Edited by glensmad

The final issue of the season could be settled this weekend, i.e. the final promotion spot.

If Cumbernauld were to win tonight v St Roch's, and were Rossvale to lose to Dalry tomorrow, then Cumbernauld would be promoted.

Conversely, if Cumbernauld fail to win tonight, then Rossvale would be promoted with a win tomorrow.

If both teams win or draw, Rossvale would require to win their last game away to Kello next week to grab the promotion spot.

If Cumbernauld win and Rossvale only draw, Rossvale would need to beat Kello by a cricket score next week to pip Cumbernauld to 3rd place.

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

The final issue of the season could be settled this weekend, i.e. the final promotion spot.

If Cumbernauld were to win tonight v St Roch's, and were Rossvale to lose to Dalry tomorrow, then Cumbernauld would be promoted.

Conversely, if Cumbernauld fail to win tonight, then Rossvale would be promoted with a win tomorrow.

If both teams win or draw, Rossvale would require to win their last game away to Kello next week to grab the promotion spot.

If Cumbernauld win and Rossvale only draw, Rossvale would need to beat Kello by a cricket score next week to pip Cumbernauld to 3rd place.

Rossvale can only blow it now.