• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
glensmad

West Region Championship thread 2018-19

Tomorrow's fixtures :-
Arthurlie (7th) v Whitletts Victoria (14th)
Cumbernauld United (1st) v Neilston Juniors (8th)
Dalry Thistle (4th) v Irvine Victoria (2nd)
Darvel Juniors (11th) v Benburb (9th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Kilsyth Rangers (6th) v St Roch's (10th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Rossvale (5th)
Rutherglen Glencairn (3rd) v Girvan (12th)
Your thoughts ?
A
H
A
H
H
H
A
H

Can't see anything other than a Glencairn win tomorrow
I hope you're correct, but we're expecting a tough game. They all are in this league.

I hope you're correct, but we're expecting a tough game. They all are in this league.
Agreed every game will be tough but I think Glencairn cumbernauld and Rossvale might just be a cut above the rest

11 hours ago, iPhone said:

Wow, how long did that take to type out?

It would of been about a day for me with my 1 finger!

I think I will have arthritis in years to come.

20 hours ago, iPhone said:

Wow, how long did that take to type out?

It would of been about a day for me with my 1 finger!

Approx 500 words, if you can't do twenty words a minute its time to go back to typing school. So about 25 minutes + thinking time = six hours.

Edited by garrellburn

20 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Thanks for this information...

I’m so excited that I know this, I will be able to post loads more on here now I know I don’t have to type.

Thanks again!

Deservedly beaten by Kilsyth today can have no complaints .
We can't keep defending like we are and players losing there discipline but onwards and upwards we go again next Saturday and hopefully see an improvement.

It’s one of the oldest clichės in football, but even after three rounds of fixtures, there are no easy games in this League. Any team that takes another as a “guaranteed three points” are in for a big wake up call. There is a lot of football to be played!!!

I'm not getting ahead of myself but we're going to win the league.
You played very well today and scored 2 good goals but a very inexperienced vics side pushed you hard and on another day, might have got a draw. Lots of football to play.

46 minutes ago, Cairn1902 said:

Any team that takes another as a “guaranteed three points” are in for a big wake up call

As the darvel "leg" end has found out :)

58 minutes ago, Vic Toria said:
2 hours ago, Bakkali said:
I'm not getting ahead of myself but we're going to win the league.

You played very well today and scored 2 good goals but a very inexperienced vics side pushed you hard and on another day, might have got a draw. Lots of football to play.

vics team decent considering having to totally rebuild from last season.  Best of  Luck for rest of the season 

First visit to Kilsyth Rangers
A cracking old stadium and decent facilities
I would love to see someone invest and restore that old terrace as it's absolutely fantastic and should not be lost from the game 20180811_141804.jpg

vics team decent considering having to totally rebuild from last season.  Best of  Luck for rest of the season 
Thought Vics played some great football at times but two goals came against the run of play at time and knocked us back , particularly the 2nd.

Great pace and caused a few problems, just needed a break and a bit more experience at times.

Match Day 3 or a week later from my last Saturday's post and the league is starting to take shape. Glencairn, Cumberbauld, Rossvale and Dalry leading the top half and looking good. Truth is even after 3 games you can see who's going up and those without a parachute taking shape at the bottom. I'll leave Darvel out of it for a moment 1pt from 9 but only 5 goals conceded. Sort the goals against out and things should be okay. And now for the other bottom four basement teams, 56 lost between them. Bet if you put the back four and the goalie from each team together (20 players in total) you couldn't find a defender or goalie between the lot of them. Sorry lads but if it's that bad after 3 games you better hope that second engine doesn't give out crossing water. 

Thought Vics played some great football at times but two goals came against the run of play at time and knocked us back , particularly the 2nd.

Great pace and caused a few problems, just needed a break and a bit more experience at times.
The experience will come with games, but every games an adventure just now and our football is real entertainment at times. Haven't enjoyed the start of a season this much for years.

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Truth is even after 3 games you can see who's going up

Ridiculous statement, it's August, lots of football to be played, especially in this league, it's a tough league which has been proven year after year

First visit to Kilsyth Rangers
A cracking old stadium and decent facilities
I would love to see someone invest and restore that old terrace as it's absolutely fantastic and should not be lost from the game 20180811_141804.thumb.jpg.ab40dc8e1d784864dc95c0bfd2aa6c04.jpg
Thanks for the kind words griffiti ,only trouble with having a large stadium is that it takes alot to maintain ,i read how the candy are doing some work on enclosures etc,so look forward to the return game at the james mcgrory ,cheers and all the best .