West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

You know fine well. Word gets about in the junior game.

i can assure you we are spending big this summer but mostly on surroundings and upgrading our park in preparation for what is hopefully a successful season ahead , micks budget wont be any more than this season and that hasnt turned out the way we hoped so dont listen to nonsense being spouted about us being big spenders

i can assure you we are spending big this summer but mostly on surroundings and upgrading our park in preparation for what is hopefully a successful season ahead , micks budget wont be any more than this season and that hasnt turned out the way we hoped so dont listen to nonsense being spouted about us being big spenders

Every man and his dug know yer offering eye watering wages m8 and like Glensmad said word gets around but like I said before it's not a crime so we will all just need to match you on the pitch and try and compete with you off it

30 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Every man and his dug know yer offering eye watering wages m8 and like Glensmad said word gets around but like I said before it's not a crime so we will all just need to match you on the pitch and try and compete with you off it

i can assure you we arent , i know the budget and if we are paying eye watering wages i am not aware of it so that means we aint  but just maybe we have a gaffer in who can attract top players and maybe thats ruffling a few feathers 

If Darvel have money to spend then there's nothing wrong with them spending it to improve both their team and their facilities. I don't understand why people have a problem with clubs spending money which they can afford to spend.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

If Darvel have money to spend then there's nothing wrong with them spending it to improve both their team and their facilities. I don't understand why people have a problem with clubs spending money which they can afford to spend.

I think any misunderstanding regarding Darvel's finances may well have begun some time ago when someone (possibly you,bud? :)) remarked that they'd always be rolling in dough.

Edited by tommyboy

Guest Mick Kennedy

Unless the club are speaking to players that I don’t know about and I’m sure that not happening. I can assure everyone that we aren’t offering eye watering wages to anyone. I have only spoken to a couple of players as we are still reviewing the squad, before we decide what changes we are making if any. 

I have been given a budget that I will stick to and I assure everyone there isn’t a lot of room to be offering eye watering wages to anyone. 

17 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Unless the club are speaking to players that I don’t know about and I’m sure that not happening. I can assure everyone that we aren’t offering eye watering wages to anyone. I have only spoken to a couple of players as we are still reviewing the squad, before we decide what changes we are making if any. 

I have been given a budget that I will stick to and I assure everyone there isn’t a lot of room to be offering eye watering wages to anyone. 

Mick, I think you'll find the phrase "eye watering wages" was introduced by Darvel Legend. Nobody in this part of the discussion suggested anything like that prior to him using the term.

i can assure you we arent , i know the budget and if we are paying eye watering wages i am not aware of it so that means we aint  but just maybe we have a gaffer in who can attract top players and maybe thats ruffling a few feathers 
Ahem....

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
22 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Ahem....

that was in reply to gotw who said that 

Guest Mick Kennedy
52 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Mick, I think you'll find the phrase "eye watering wages" was introduced by Darvel Legend. Nobody in this part of the discussion suggested anything like that prior to him using the term.

I have demanded a lot before and since I have been appointed but it has more to do with creating a professional environment within the club, I haven’t asked fir any specific budget. I have even knocked back a salary, money isn’t my motivation nor do I want it to be players sole motivation for being at the club. I have challenged the club with supporting me in building a culture and environment that will be as professional as any part senior club in the country. Time will tell if that leads to success am sure the future will be very challenging abd success won’t be easy 

I have demanded a lot before and since I have been appointed but it has more to do with creating a professional environment within the club, I haven’t asked fir any specific budget. I have even knocked back a salary, money isn’t my motivation nor do I want it to be players sole motivation for being at the club. I have challenged the club with supporting me in building a culture and environment that will be as professional as any part senior club in the country. Time will tell if that leads to success am sure the future will be very challenging abd success won’t be easy 
Good luck Mick. [emoji106]

Guest Mick Kennedy
4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Good luck Mick. emoji106.png

Cheers mate, good luck with the remainder of the season I hope yous get promoted, would be good to see more Glasgow teams in the top division. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Good luck Mick. emoji106.png

Cheers mate, good luck with the remainder of the season I hope yous get promoted, would be good to see more Glasgow teams in the top division. 

Thanks, but don't tell our supporters that we're a Glasgow team. [emoji6]