Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
glensmad

West Region Championship thread 2018-19

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

The same applied at Larhall two seasons ago which was marred by raciest  and sectarian singing to an extent that I have rarely heard at a junior match. 

It wasn't somebody from Larkhall who was on claiming that their ground and fans were as pure as the driven snow with a warm welcome to everybody. That welcome doesn't apply to Larkhall Thistle so I put him straight. The point has nothing to do with what happened at Larkhall so your tit for tat pettiness is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It wasn't somebody from Larkhall who was on claiming that their ground and fans were as pure as the driven snow with a warm welcome to everybody. That welcome doesn't apply to Larkhall Thistle so I put him straight. The point has nothing to do with what happened at Larkhall so your tit for tat pettiness is irrelevant.
The welcome is extended to one and ALL. Just because it doesnt fit your narrative it becomes false. Plus larkhall bring a grand total of zero fans just committee members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:
25 minutes ago, The real Dembele said:
It wasn't somebody from Larkhall who was on claiming that their ground and fans were as pure as the driven snow with a warm welcome to everybody. That welcome doesn't apply to Larkhall Thistle so I put him straight. The point has nothing to do with what happened at Larkhall so your tit for tat pettiness is irrelevant.

The welcome is extended to one and ALL. Just because it doesnt fit your narrative it becomes false. Plus larkhall bring a grand total of zero fans just committee members.

That's not true either, it's becoming a pattern with you.

But there were very few fans/committee members at the last couple of St Roch's games, can you think of one logical reason for that when they go to every other away game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad but true

I took my son to Larkhall game at Larkhall we got a police escort into the ground then told we could not go and buy any food nor use the toilets but instead use a portacabin in a field so that's the welcome we received.

Our previous meeting at JMP all facilities were open and offered to both sets of fans and no police presence.

Now I'm not saying that the gateman will shake everyone's hand in the way in but if your there just to watch the match and support your team then there is a warm welcome for everyone at JMP

Now that's not to say there has no been problems with this fixture in the past but I would suggest this has been caused by day trippers on both sides not the guys who go week in week out

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It wasn't somebody from Larkhall who was on claiming that their ground and fans were as pure as the driven snow with a warm welcome to everybody. That welcome doesn't apply to Larkhall Thistle so I put him straight. The point has nothing to do with what happened at Larkhall so your tit for tat pettiness is irrelevant.
You never put anyone straight you expressed an opinion which I believe to be a lie .
If you don't attend the matches at JMP how can you make a judgement on it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

You never put anyone straight you expressed an opinion which I believe to be a lie .
If you don't attend the matches at JMP how can you make a judgement on it ?

What are you raving about, how do you know whether I go to the games at your park?

For the record i do, here we are in a strange town does that show I've been recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What are you raving about, how do you know whether I go to the games at your park?
For the record i do, here we are in a strange town does that show I've been recently?
It's actually
I found myself in a strange town
( Taken from the lyrics of some pop song maybe the jam I believe )
So you went to the game and had no hassle or bother so what is actually your point then caller ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It's actually
I found myself in a strange town
( Taken from the lyrics of some pop song maybe the jam I believe )
So you went to the game and had no hassle or bother so what is actually your point then caller ?

Waterboys I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It was the jam
A line taken from the the 1979 hit Strange town
Them old boys up the Roch love there music but way before my time
We love our tunes lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It's actually
I found myself in a strange town
( Taken from the lyrics of some pop song maybe the jam I believe )
So you went to the game and had no hassle or bother so what is actually your point then caller ?

Indeed I did have no hassle or bother, on these recent occasions.

That was mainly due to the good work of the committee in ensuring us a safe passage within the ground, by segregation and a police presence. That was planned and organised, not just a random dropping in by the police as Rochstar has suggested.

My point is that it's not exactly a warm welcome, it's a managing of the situation to try and prevent trouble which might have had serious consequences for St Roch's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indeed I did have no hassle or bother, on these recent occasions.
That was mainly due to the good work of the committee in ensuring us a safe passage within the ground, by segregation and a police presence. That was planned and organised, not just a random dropping in by the police as Rochstar has suggested.
My point is that it's not exactly a warm welcome, it's a managing of the situation to try and prevent trouble which might have had serious consequences for St Roch's.
 
Let's just hope that sooner rather than later both sets of fans can just go to the match watch the game have a pie ,pint and a bleather and leave all the nonsense aside .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be down at Larkhall for the return match and I would like nothing more than to buy a tea and something hot to eat while enjoying a wee wonder round the ground so hopefully that's what happens and no need for pack lunches , police escorts and pishing in a field .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I will be down at Larkhall for the return match and I would like nothing more than to buy a tea and something hot to eat while enjoying a wee wonder round the ground so hopefully that's what happens and no need for pack lunches , police escorts and pishing in a field .

I hope that you'd be able to do that also, but depends on who else goes. Some might not have the same reason to go as you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hope that you'd be able to do that also, but depends on who else goes. Some might not have the same reason to go as you do.
Maybe Benny
I'm just a big St Rochs fan and I love following the team as I'm sure the regular Larkhall guys are but as much as we can self police ourselves you can't control everyone that decides to attend on the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed it mentioned that Benburb don't have to play Glencairn again this season, which is a fair point given their record against all the other teams.

 

Looking at the fixtures, though, Benburb have to go away to all of the teams currently in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th places.

 

Out of the same current top 7, Glencairn only have Arthurlie and Kilsyth still to play away from home.

 

Benburb haven't really had a sticky spell this season yet, and one heavy home defeat can't be regarded as a sticky spell, regardless of whatever psychological effect yesterday's result will have.

 

Waiting quietly in the wings, of course, are Rossvale. Still only one defeat for them and, were they to win their three games in hand, they'd be only three points off the top. Significantly, though, their defeat was away to Benburb, while they are the only team to have beaten Glencairn so far.

 

Cumbernauld are sitting quietly in 3rd, but looking over their shoulders at Arthurlie, Whitletts and Kilsyth who will all fancy their chances of getting in the top 3 as well.

 

It's been a good first half of the season, and there are lots of twists and turns to come.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glensmad said:

I noticed it mentioned that Benburb don't have to play Glencairn again this season, which is a fair point given their record against all the other teams.

 

Looking at the fixtures, though, Benburb have to go away to all of the teams currently in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th places.

 

Out of the same current top 7, Glencairn only have Arthurlie and Kilsyth still to play away from home.

 

Benburb haven't really had a sticky spell this season yet, and one heavy home defeat can't be regarded as a sticky spell, regardless of whatever psychological effect yesterday's result will have.

 

Waiting quietly in the wings, of course, are Rossvale. Still only one defeat for them and, were they to win their three games in hand, they'd be only three points off the top. Significantly, though, their defeat was away to Benburb, while they are the only team to have beaten Glencairn so far.

 

Cumbernauld are sitting quietly in 3rd, but looking over their shoulders at Arthurlie, Whitletts and Kilsyth who will all fancy their chances of getting in the top 3 as well.

 

It's been a good first half of the season, and there are lots of twists and turns to 

As you say if Rossvale pick up points from their games in hand they prob go third. Bizarre that none of the games between the 3 have even been close. Benburb murdered Rossvale 2-0. Rossvale murdered Glencain 3-0 and then yesterday...  Good luck trying to get a coupon up in the Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×