West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Where have Dalry Thistle made a few noises over the weekend?
To be fair, it wasn't the club themselves, but I saw a fan who uses the club badge as his picture tweeting something about exciting times ahead for the club or words to that effect.

43 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Feel sorry for Cumbernauld as it will be a lot tougher next season to go up 

Can't see where it will be any harder than this year or previous years, J. This league is always nip and tuck.

1 hour ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Any good?

Last I seen him he was but that was a season or 2 ago. 

I think he would be a good signing and he is still pretty young.

He must be the only player from Peters Girvan still at the club.

You will have heard Peters signings by now. 

20 minutes ago, glensmad said:
23 minutes ago, ChinaX said:
Where have Dalry Thistle made a few noises over the weekend?

To be fair, it wasn't the club themselves, but I saw a fan who uses the club badge as his picture tweeting something about exciting times ahead for the club or words to that effect.

Ah - ok. I have heard they have established a U16 development team to play in West of SCotland Youth League next season & along with the current good management, committee & volunteers this may be what the tweet refers to. Dalry have been rejuvenated over the past couple of seasons so we’ll done to them.

18 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Cumbernauld I thought were brilliant in the two games Vs the candy and you have got to expect that they will be in the mix again .
A dark horse maybe Neilston who improved greatly second half of the season but I'm sure folk could make a case for quite a few in the division for next season

Got to agree Chris Cumbernauld best team

we played by a distance 

of the 3 teams going up we lost only one game in 6 against them and that was 3-2 so don’t have to be mourinho to see where we went wrong 

we played by a distance 
of the 3 teams going up we lost only one game in 6 against them and that was 3-2 so don’t have to be mourinho to see where we went wrong 
Yip your first half of the season and all those draws killed you DL
The problem you may have next season is how quickly the side gels if you hit the ground running then your definitely gonna be in the top 3

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Cumbernauld I thought were brilliant in the two games Vs the candy and you have got to expect that they will be in the mix again .
A dark horse maybe Neilston who improved greatly second half of the season but I'm sure folk could make a case for quite a few in the division for next season

I said in here a few weeks ago imo Cumbernauld were the best team we played all season.

6 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Yip your first half of the season and all those draws killed you DL
The problem you may have next season is how quickly the side gels if you hit the ground running then your definitely gonna be in the top 3

We have 4 friendlies against premiership teams and league cup against talbot Hurlford and glenafton , by that time Mick will be well prepared for first league game mate 

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

We have 4 friendlies against premiership teams and league cup against talbot Hurlford and glenafton , by that time Mick will be well prepared for first league game mate 

Why does he need so long?

Why can’t he be ready for the league cup?

we played by a distance 
You were the only team to win at Rutherglen this season (and with 10 men as well from memory), and you were the only team we failed to beat in the league this season, so fair play to you.

Who are your friendlies against?