West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Tbh you were wondering about like a roving reporter and filming wee bits of the game then taking notes so I left you to it as I did not want to disturb you .
Plus I was standing beside the banner all game and you never introduced yourself either

I wasn't filming, but I was taking photos. I do tend to wander round and round at most games.

If you knew it was me walking round, then you should have shouted me over. I have absolutely no idea what you look like, but you clearly do know who I am.

I have it now as a straight sprint between Rossvale/Cumbernauld/Arthurlie.

I have seen Rossvale a few times this season and they have looked fantastic but I believe it’s out there hands if Cumbernauld remain there winning game.... which would surprise me as there far too inconsistent! 

Momentum with Arthurlie, if there was an extra 4/5 games I think they would of knicked it.

If we win out, Cumbernauld can’t catch us and Rossvale can’t afford another loss. Even a draw would require them to maybe need 10-11 goals in their last 2 games to overhaul us.

It’s infuriating when you look at some of the poor results and performances we have had recently that it would be in our own hands.

It all rest on next Wednesdays game at Cumbernauld. Lose and it’s over for Arthurlie.

50 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

I have it now as a straight sprint between Rossvale/Cumbernauld/Arthurlie.

I have seen Rossvale a few times this season and they have looked fantastic but I believe it’s out there hands if Cumbernauld remain there winning game.... which would surprise me as there far too inconsistent! 

Momentum with Arthurlie, if there was an extra 4/5 games I think they would of knicked it.

It's been a straight sprint between those three for about a month, to be fair.

I think Arthurlie will get 3rd, as you say the momentum is with them.

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

Our away form must be up there with best in division with only Kilsyth and darvel beating us so far .... so that could be major factor especially come sat with glens looking on 

Maybe we should get together and our squad plays the home games and yours plays the away games. Win the league at a canter!

5 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Massive week of games coming up for neilston Which will prob determine league winners and most likely the third promotion spot 

bens - sat 

glens -wed 

rossvale -nxt sat

and way wee are playing would not be surprised if wee win all 3 recent form has been superb 

Our away form must be up there with best in division with only Kilsyth and darvel beating us so far .... so that could be major factor especially come sat with glens looking on 

then come nxt sat we could do our rivals arthurlie a favour and turn Rossvale over 

Exciting week ahead 

Too right mate, 8 wins and 3 draws out of 13 away games.  Promotion form if we'd done the business at Brig O'Lea!

14 hours ago, glensmad said:

First of all commiserations to Larkhall Thistle and Kello Rovers who have both officially been relegated this evening.

Now then, we got the favour we needed and the chance to win the league is back in our own hands. It would have been nice to go through the whole season as being the only team to have beaten Benburb, but in reality if we are going to have a chance to win the league we needed somebody else to beat them as well.

Neilston hold the key as they play Benburb away on Saturday and then us at home on Wednesday.

Twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing.

I watched Neilston beat them at the start of the season?  They got hunners of penalties, dreadful game. 

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I watched Neilston beat them at the start of the season?  They got hunners of penalties, dreadful game. 

Neilston beat Benburb in the Sectional League Cup at the start of the season.

Prior to last night the only team to have beaten Benburb in the league was Glencairn (twice).

Saturday's fixtures :-

Benburb (2nd) v Neilston Juniors (8th)

Craigmark Burntonians (13th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)

Cumbernauld United (4th) v Whitletts Victoria (9th)

Girvan (14th) v St Roch's (11th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Dalry Thistle (10th)

Your thoughts ?

Saturday's fixtures :-
Benburb (2nd) v Neilston Juniors (8th)
Craigmark Burntonians (13th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)
Cumbernauld United (4th) v Whitletts Victoria (9th)
Girvan (14th) v St Roch's (11th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Dalry Thistle (10th)
Your thoughts ?

Draw
Kilsyth
Whitletts (for arthurlie promotion chances)
St rochs
Irvine Victoria
Dalry

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Neilston beat Benburb in the Sectional League Cup at the start of the season.

Prior to last night the only team to have beaten Benburb in the league was Glencairn (twice).

Ah right! Great to see Paul Lovering losing games regardless.  

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ah right! Great to see Paul Lovering losing games regardless.  

I've got to agree with that mate.  Lovering is a horrible ,spiteful wee individual. I was standing behind him last night and some of his shouts were shocking.  First few minutes there was an simple coming together of two players, when his player got up he was told by his manager, " fuckin do him " .  Add all the screaming for every challenge that went on , he is by far the worst i have ever encountered. He is worse than Strain Jnr. and that is saying something.  The whole Benburb bench is choreographed to jump up and scream about any physical contact whatsoever .  Horrible to watch and listen to.  A shame as i like the Bens as a club . Frank Lovering was no shrinking violet but he must cringe at the loutish behaviour of his offspring.  

12 minutes ago, Satori. said:

I've got to agree with that mate.  Lovering is a horrible ,spiteful wee individual. I was standing behind him last night and some of his shouts were shocking.  First few minutes there was an simple coming together of two players, when his player got up he was told by his manager, " fuckin do him " .  Add all the screaming for every challenge that went on , he is by far the worst i have ever encountered. He is worse than Strain Jnr. and that is saying something.  The whole Benburb bench is choreographed to jump up and scream about any physical contact whatsoever .  Horrible to watch and listen to.  A shame as i like the Bens as a club . Frank Lovering was no shrinking violet but he must cringe at the loutish behaviour of his offspring.  

He just coaches like he played.  Was a great player to have, just coming up against him wasn't as nice. :lol:

Maybe it's the same as manager. 

43 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Paul’s a winner and u can’t argue with what he has done at benburb , when I played talbot of the Wullie Knox era were all the same , a tackle on one of their players and 8 players ran at the ref but ultimately it was to win games and they did that 

42 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Paul’s a winner and u can’t argue with what he has done at benburb , when I played talbot of the Wullie Knox era were all the same , a tackle on one of their players and 8 players ran at the ref but ultimately it was to win games and they did that 

He has worked wonders at the Bens, no doubt about that,  but he is building a reputation for being a horrible wee shite.   I know plenty of winners who wouldn't lower themselves to his level of behaviour on the sidelines. Only my opinion, nothing against the guy on a personal level

Apologies, I realise my post won't make much sense now you can't see the posts I've deleted.

I was on about the racist, homophobic idiot that came on here with a flurry of offensive and aggressive posts and has now been banned. 

Thanks to those who reported him. 

As you were.