West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

6 hours ago, Winny Wizen said:

Next seasons Championship will be a very competitive league. With the likes of Petershill Gartcairn and SBA already there along with two of Rossvale, Arthurlie and Cumbernauld staying behind it will be a challenge to win promotion No disrespect but this years competition has been a 12 team league. I don’t see many whipping boys next year. 

Thinks this league season can be split in 3 league table that bottom 4 the top 5-7 and the rest in mid table 

Edited by megaspinnernet2

7 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Entertaining game today up brig o lea 3-3 draw and was prob fair result in end 

only gripe was was told we were denied a stonewall pen in 2nd half never seen incident  ... but that’s fitba for ye 

fitbas always better when suns belting down 

Was at this game as arthurlie were not playing thought a draw was a fair result with both teams having a wonder strike  

Advantage Benburb at the top now after today's results, but still four games to be played and no doubt some twists and turns to come.

If Benburb go on and win the league having only lost to one team all season (twice ironically) then they will deserve all the plaudits they get for it.

Only two points separating Craigmark Burntonians and Girvan now, with 6 games left to play.

Patna Dunty has gone very quiet.

Pump it up, Girvan might be staying up.
What's that sound, Patna's shorts are going brown...

28 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Only two points separating Craigmark Burntonians and Girvan now, with 6 games left to play.

Patna Dunty has gone very quiet.

Pump it up, Girvan might be staying up.
What's that sound, Patna's shorts are going brown...

I wonder if the Craigmark committee are regretting their managerial change. Only picked up 1 point since.

Leagues been great this season with teams competing for promotion at the top & survival at the bottom. Been a great year in the Championship.

I wonder if the Craigmark committee are regretting their managerial change. Only picked up 1 point since.

Leagues been great this season with teams competing for promotion at the top & survival at the bottom. Been a great year in the Championship.

In a word no!

Kilsyth Rangers are a curious case. Their home form is a match for the title contenders (10 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat), but they aren't even in promotion contention due to their terrible form away from home (4 wins, 0 draws, 9 defeats).

If they can sort that out they will be another team hoping to get into the top 3 next season, along with Cambuslang, Petershill, the two of the current top 5 who don't go up this year, Gartcairn, Shotts and Darvel.

Kilsyth Rangers are a curious case. Their home form is a match for the title contenders (10 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat), but they aren't even in promotion contention due to their terrible form away from home (4 wins, 0 draws, 9 defeats).

If they can sort that out they will be another team hoping to get into the top 3 next season, along with Cambuslang, Petershill, the two of the current top 5 who don't go up this year, Gartcairn, Shotts and Darvel.
Mmm Gartcairn and Shotts before the Candy ......maybe you forgot we beat Shotts in the Cup this season

Mmm Gartcairn and Shotts before the Candy ......maybe you forgot we beat Shotts in the Cup this season
St Roch's could well be a candidate as well, to be fair, it depends how many players you hold onto this summer. I may be wrong about Gartcairn and Shotts, but a lot of teams carry their momentum forward after winning the 3rd tier league. We did in 2009 by going on to win the old Super League Division One in 2010. Rossvale look like they might get back to back promotion as well. Cambuslang did it too, I'm sure there are other examples. Don't take it personally that I didn't name your team.

Bit of payback (well not really - how do you recover an 8-1 result) today to show we can actually play well but as results and performances have shown, away from home has been our achilles heel all season!
Hopefully we can resolve that next season but delighted with the performance from everyone today and the Glens very gracious in defeat. Good luck to them for the remaining games, only remaining issue is whether they go up as champions or not.

55 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

St Roch's could well be a candidate as well, to be fair, it depends how many players you hold onto this summer. I may be wrong about Gartcairn and Shotts, but a lot of teams carry their momentum forward after winning the 3rd tier league. We did in 2009 by going on to win the old Super League Division One in 2010. Rossvale look like they might get back to back promotion as well. Cambuslang did it too, I'm sure there are other examples. Don't take it personally that I didn't name your team.

St Rochs aren’t good enough to be named.   Whitletts are better than them especially when Peter gets his players in.

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:
19 minutes ago, iPhone said:
St Rochs aren’t good enough to be named.   Whitletts are better than them especially when Peter gets his players in.

Not good enough you say ...we will see loudmouth

Just ignore that crackpot gotw, talks some amount of pish