West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

The ball definitely crosses the line. Whether it was a foul on the goalkeeper is a matter of opinion. If the linesman had been fully operational he may well have flagged for the possible foul, as he would have for the goal. Highlights will be posted in about 15 minutes and you can make your own minds up.

I have never ever saw a linesman flag for a foul on the keeper... The ball was well over the line, changed the game.. but overall the best team won

Took in glens v rossvale yesterday as had family commitments in rutherglen ,good to take in game as a nuetral for a change ,1st 20mins was all rossvale culminating in them scoring a goal that amazingly the ref never gave ,it actualy hit the inside of the net ,i don't care if uve only one linesman he should be seeing that all day long ,after that the glens took over and scored two fine goals and deserved there win in the end ,but the goal that never was was a turning point in the game .
Was a good hard but fair game ,spoiled by a ref who was well out his depth ,dishing out yellow cards in a game which was never dirty .

Great to see neutrals taking an interest in Glencairn hopefully you will be back, would be great if the people of Rutherglen would get out in numbers for last few home games and maybe help push the Glens over the line for promotion and hope fully on to winning the league COME ONE RUTHERGLEN GET BEHIND THE GLENS IN THEIR FINAL PUSH  

Great to see neutrals taking an interest in Glencairn hopefully you will be back, would be great if the people of Rutherglen would get out in numbers for last few home games and maybe help push the Glens over the line for promotion and hope fully on to winning the league COME ONE RUTHERGLEN GET BEHIND THE GLENS IN THEIR FINAL PUSH  
I'll only be back if we're playing the glens mate or we've no game ,my mrs family all watch the glens ,but your right theve a smashing team at the moment and deserve more support from the rutherglen public .

We can only speculate about whether that incident changed the game or not. Perhaps Glencairn would still have scored their two goals and still won the game. I guess we'll never know. However, they say these things balance themselves out over a season, and we think back to the two perfectly legal goals we had disallowed in our 1-1 draw with Neilston which cost us two points that day.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

We can only speculate about whether that incident changed the game or not. Perhaps Glencairn would still have scored their two goals and still won the game. I guess we'll never know. However, they say these things balance themselves out over a season, and we think back to the two perfectly legal goals we had disallowed in our 1-1 draw with Neilston which cost us two points that day.

Hardy perfectly legal .... 

fitba has changed dramatically in last 10years I’m so so surprised the ref hasn’t gave the foul on the goalie cause usually goalies get over protected 

Hardy perfectly legal .... 
fitba has changed dramatically in last 10years I’m so so surprised the ref hasn’t gave the foul on the goalie cause usually goalies get over protected 
Wait a minute, you think that's a foul on the goalie yesterday, yet you think our goals against Neilston were "hardly perfectly legal" when one was disallowed for an alleged foul on the goalie when Gerry's video proved there was no contact ? You can't have it both ways. [emoji23]

59 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Wait a minute, you think that's a foul on the goalie yesterday, yet you think our goals against Neilston were "hardly perfectly legal" when one was disallowed for an alleged foul on the goalie when Gerry's video proved there was no contact ? You can't have it both ways. emoji23.png

Where did it say that I thought it was a foul? Stop putting words in my mouth  lol 

Its fitba you dust yourself down and get on with it every team gets Calls against them week in week out

Where did it say that I thought it was a foul? Stop putting words in my mouth  lol 
Its fitba you dust yourself down and get on with it every team gets Calls against them week in week out
Correct, as I said it has balanced itself out in our case.

7 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:
7 hours ago, The1andonly said:

I'll only be back if we're playing the glens mate or we've no game ,my mrs family all watch the glens ,but your right theve a smashing team at the moment and deserve more support from the rutherglen public .

They're all at Broadwood watching Rutherglens  other team also pushing for promotion. Maybe a double celebration on the cards in a few weeks time.

40 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Another big weekend at the bottom. A no Girvan got a point on Saturday. But I see it as 2 dropped for them. They have to win on Saturday.

I thought we all had to "pump it up" because Craigmark were staying up, and you kept asking "what's that sound" as Girvan are apparently going down ?

Beginning to have doubts after all your gloating, as Girvan could possibly close the gap to two points on Saturday with six games still to go after that ?

14 hours ago, glensmad said:
14 hours ago, garrellburn said:
They're all at Broadwood watching Rutherglens  other team also pushing for promotion. Maybe a double celebration on the cards in a few weeks time.

There aren't many Clyde fans in Rutherglen these days.

There's not many anywhere!