West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

To be fair, overall Glencairn deserved the win. However that decision at 0-0 changes the game. The ref was the ONLY person who didnt see it over the line. The 1 "linesman" did, but said he was only to flag for out of play. A horrendous decision from the ref that changed the game. To play a game of that importance without linesmen was unacceptable for me, especially given the way the game panned out. The ref looked totally out his depth for both teams

I agree it was an awful decision,would hopefully see the lead up to it in the highlights. The officials where not great today. Thought the Glens are showing signs of there earlier form which is coming at a good time.

Rossvale will still go up which will be a great achievement.

5 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

I agree it was an awful decision,would hopefully see the lead up to it in the highlights. The officials where not great today. Thought the Glens are showing signs of there earlier form which is coming at a good time.

No they won’t 

I’m his uncle but live in Australia don’t see much of him anymore 
He went straight into the Hurlford team today and scored the first two goals in a 3-0 victory over Pollok.

He was only on loan at Rossvale as he was cup-tied for us in both the the Scottish and the West and we only had one league game in March.

To be fair, overall Glencairn deserved the win. However that decision at 0-0 changes the game. The ref was the ONLY person who didnt see it over the line. The 1 "linesman" did, but said he was only to flag for out of play. A horrendous decision from the ref that changed the game. To play a game of that importance without linesmen was unacceptable for me, especially given the way the game panned out. The ref looked totally out his depth for both teams
Unfortunately when one of the linesmen didn't turn up, it was either the option that the referee chose (i.e. one club linesman and the other just flagging for throw-ins and watching the dugouts) or calling the game off when the conditions were perfect and the crowd was already in.

Had the linesman on the dugout side been doing his normal role then I've no doubt the Rossvale goal would have counted. Unfortunately for Rossvale, the lino was still between the dugouts as instructed by the referee, and the referee was about 20 yards from goal. If he wasn't absolutely certain that the ball had crossed the line, then he can't give a goal. I was on the halfway line behind the Glencairn linesman and none of us could tell if it was in or not, but everybody who I've spoken to who was closer have said that it was indeed over the line.

He went straight into the Hurlford team today and scored the first two goals in a 3-0 victory over Pollok.

He was only on loan at Rossvale as he was cup-tied for us in both the the Scottish and the West and we only had one league game in March.

Saw him last week, great pace, vision, ball striking, holding up play, premiership player aw day long 🤷‍♂️[emoji106]

5 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

But they're not the best team in the league as the table reads

Your correct the table doesn’t lie but like I said imo they are the best team we have played this season in the league and for what it’s worth benburb would be 2nd

29 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Your correct the table doesn’t lie but like I said imo they are the best team we have played this season in the league and for what it’s worth benburb would be 2nd

I know what you mean, they had a great day against you i take it but doesn't mean they are the best team in the league, every team can have a great performance one week and then not maintain it to the next, footballs a funny game as they say, look at us 29 out of 36 points at home and only 12 out of 39 points away from home, I'm f****d if I know what that's all about lol

3 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

I know what you mean, they had a great day against you i take it but doesn't mean they are the best team in the league, every team can have a great performance one week and then not maintain it to the next, footballs a funny game as they say, look at us 29 out of 36 points at home and only 12 out of 39 points away from home, I'm f****d if I know what that's all about lol

It means ur a good home team 

no bottle away from home 

simple 

5 hours ago, Mine Man said:

The ball definitely crosses the line. Whether it was a foul on the goalkeeper is a matter of opinion. If the linesman had been fully operational he may well have flagged for the possible foul, as he would have for the goal. Highlights will be posted in about 15 minutes and you can make your own minds up.