West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

22 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Was speaking to someone close to the club today, seems they were gutted. had set up an area in the car park for the Candy support but there was an issue with a pipe that was fitted recently and it either backed up or burst and flooded the park. Obviously there is history between the clubs so if they are having to segregate fans etc its the same plava for 200 as it would be for ten so theyve probably took a big hit losing todays game as I wouldnt imagine as many Candy supporters will travel on a Wednesday night, that said I wouldnt be surprised if there were more.

Lost a good few bob that the club can hardly afford, personally I think the arrangements were a bit ott given the lack of anticipation of the game and hence probable crowd size. The St Roch's supporters would have gone over to the other side opposite the shed anyway and they could have come round for pies etc without any hassle.

The last time they were at Gasworks was a whole different ball game with it being a promotion decider and winner takes all, this would have been much more low-key.

Edited by The real Dembele

Lost a good few bob that the club can hardly afford, personally I think the arrangements were a bit ott given the lack of anticipation of the game and hence probable crowd size. The St Roch's supporters would have gone over to the other side opposite the shed anyway and they could have come round for pies etc without any hassle.
The last time they were at Gasworks was a whole different ball game with it being a promotion decider and winner takes all, this would have been much more low-key.

I said that today that I hate seeing any junior club getting hit financially and yesterday was a double whammy for Larkhall with losing a big gate and 5 pipes collapsing .
Yesterday we would have brought about 150 with us and I don't think we will get even half of that for a midweek game but hopefully im wrong .
As for the planning put in place I know many candy fans disagree with me but I think it's the right thing to do as fans safety is paramount but that said I would love to have a wander round the ground grab a tea and pie and enjoy the craic as for me that's Junior football .

13 hours ago, PatnaDunty said:

Almost over the line.
Waaaaaaa pump it up the mark are staying up.
What’s that sound Girvan going down.

Who scored Craigmarks goal and do you know the starting line up? I cant find it anywhere, thanks

Wednesday / Saturday's fixtures :-

(league positions are as present, prior to Wednesday night's game)

Wednesday night

Whitletts Victoria (7th) v Rossvale (5th)

Saturday

Arthurlie (3rd) v Irvine Victoria (12th)

Cumbernauld United (4th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Dalry Thistle (10th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)

Darvel Juniors (9th) v St Roch's (11th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Girvan (14th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Benburb (2nd)

Rutherglen Glencairn (1st) v Rossvale (5th)

Your thoughts ?

Wednesday night

Saturday

Your thoughts ?

Wednesday- Draw

Saturday

Home

Home

Home

Home

Draw

Away

Draw

Wednesday night

Saturday

Your thoughts ?

Wednesday night Whitletts v Rossvale

Tough match as two good sides face off I'm going Rossvale to edge it 1-2 and keep themselves in pole position for promotion .

Saturday

Arthurlie and Cumbernauld should be too strong for Irvine Vic's and Craigmark respectively I'm going 3-1 and 2-0

Dalry and kilsyth should be an interesting game but despite there woes on the road I'm going 1-2 Kilsyth.

Darvel Vs St Rochs on paper and form suggests a home win but I'm going for the candy to halt the Darvel express 0-2

Kello v Girvan should be a cracker and both are desperate for the points but I can't see past Girvan and a 1-2 win to keep there slim survival hopes alive.

Larkhall v Benburb again looks like another away win and another 3 points in the race for the title 0-3

Rossvale v Glencairn in the match of day and both clubs needing the points

I'm going for a share of the spoils 1-1

Wednesday night Whitletts v Rossvale Tough match as two good sides face off I'm going Rossvale to edge it 1-2 and keep themselves in pole position for promotion .
Saturday
Arthurlie and Cumbernauld should be too strong for Irvine Vic's and Craigmark respectively I'm going 3-1 and 2-0
Dalry and kilsyth should be an interesting game but despite there woes on the road I'm going 1-2 Kilsyth.
Darvel Vs St Rochs on paper and form suggests a home win but I'm going for the candy to halt the Darvel express 0-2
Kello v Girvan should be a cracker and both are desperate for the points but I can't see past Girvan and a 1-2 win to keep there slim survival hopes alive.
Larkhall v Benburb again looks like another away win and another 3 points in the race for the title 0-3
Rossvale v Glencairn in the match of day and both clubs needing the points
I'm going for a share of the spoils 1-1

It's actually Glencairn v Rossvale, not Rossvale v Glencairn, in case that has any influence on your opinion. Probably not though. [emoji846]

Rossvale have been hovering about in the upper half of the table for most of the season, outside of the promotion spots but with games in hand, and have always been a promotion and title contender.

I thoroughly expect them to win tonight and move into the top three for the first time this season ahead of our game against them on Saturday which is shaping as a cracker.

The rochs must have signed a few stars this week tombo that we are no aware of as their form is slightly different from ours recently or maybe Uve just a hunch they will beat us , should be a good game and looking forward to it 
Agree DL I think it will be a good game between two well matched teams I just think they might edge it on what I have seen from both of you already, recent form excepted.
T