West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

2 minutes ago, DanMan said:

3 of Girvan's games are away to Benburb, Cumbernauld & Rossvale. You would be surprised if they pick many points up from those 3 games. To date they have only won 3 from 21, I would not be putting any money on Girvan to stay up. If they get out of it then fair play to them.

True, but 5 points is not a big gap with 9 games still to be played.

Craigmark don't have an easy run-in either, they have still to play Arthurlie, Kilsyth, Cumbernauld and Darvel. I don't see them getting any points out of those games.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

True, but 5 points is not a big gap with 9 games still to be played.

Craigmark don't have an easy run-in either, they have still to play Arthurlie, Kilsyth, Cumbernauld and Darvel. I don't see them getting any points out of those games.

Yes, but they do have 5 points advantage. 5 points in mid table isn't a lot. 5 points at top or bottom is huge. I will be staggered if Craigmark go down, but there is as you say a chance 

4 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Yes, but they do have 5 points advantage. 5 points in mid table isn't a lot. 5 points at top or bottom is huge. I will be staggered if Craigmark go down, but there is as you say a chance 

I agree, I don't think Girvan will pull it back, but if it was my team in 4th bottom at the moment I wouldn't be so blatantly rubbing the 3rd-bottom team's noses in it quite yet.

3 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Girvan have some very good players. But there’s no point having jet and no pilot.

Pump it up the mark are staying up.
What’s that sound Girvan going down.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

~ cringe ~

All depends what the tune is. Can you describe it please Dunty?

Saturday's fixtures :-

Benburb (2nd) v Girvan (14th)

Craigmark Burntonians (13th) v Arthurlie (4th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (1st)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v St Roch's (11th)

Neilston Juniors (8th) v Cumbernauld United (3rd)

Rossvale (5th) v Darvel Juniors (9th)

Your thoughts ?

Think we need 4 points and that’s us safe.
Pump it up. The mark are staying up.
What’s that sound Girvan going down.
I am gonna disagree with this post cos we are 6 points in front of you albeit played more games, but I wouldn't say we were safe.
T

1 minute ago, tombo said:

I am gonna disagree with this post cos we are 6 points in front of you albeit played more games, but I wouldn't say we were safe.
T

I reckon Vics are already safe.

I said to your guys after the game on Saturday that I thought the point you got away to Kilsyth was enough to secure your place in the league. I don't see Girvan getting any more than 10 points between now and the end of the season.

I reckon Vics are already safe.
I said to your guys after the game on Saturday that I thought the point you got away to Kilsyth was enough to secure your place in the league. I don't see Girvan getting any more than 10 points between now and the end of the season.
Agree Peter the point at Kilsyth was an unexpected bonus but as i have posted previously we need to ensure that we don't lose at Kello and beat Girvan at home to rule them both out. Fixtures man has done us a favour by rearranging them for the end. Maybe we will know our fate before then and the results might not be so important in those games. We've got Arthurlie Benburb and Rossvale up next so don't expect to pick up anything from these. A bonus if we do.
T

5 minutes ago, tombo said:

Agree Peter the point at Kilsyth was an unexpected bonus but as i have posted previously we need to ensure that we don't lose at Kello and beat Girvan at home to rule them both out. Fixtures man has done us a favour by rearranging them for the end. Maybe we will know our fate before then and the results might not be so important in those games. We've got Arthurlie Benburb and Rossvale up next so don't expect to pick up anything from these. A bonus if we do.
T

If your boys perform like they did on Saturday then you will certainly trouble them, I was very impressed by Ross McKenzie in particular.

If your boys perform like they did on Saturday then you will certainly trouble them, I was very impressed by Ross McKenzie in particular.
Ross is a talented player as are Gabe, Hamish, Ryan who all provide good attacking options and are all still youngsters.

P.S. to my last post they are all part of a hard working team from Ginge in goals to our defence and midfield. Don't want to offend any of them as they have done a great job so far.
T

3 minutes ago, tombo said:

P.S. to my last post they are all part of a hard working team from Ginge in goals to our defence and midfield. Don't want to offend any of them as they have done a great job so far.
T

Mate I didn’t see any hope for you after our game down at Irvine but u seem to have rallied and as other posters have mentioned you have some cracking young players 

2 minutes ago, PatnaDunty said:

Pump it up the mark are staying up

What’s that sound Girvan going down

Do you actually type that bit in at the end of each post, or is it an signature that you have set up ? :rolleyes: