West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

An afternoon where my emotions swung from one extreme to another.

Glencairn 2-0 down after 25 minutes, and Benburb winning 2-0 away at Cumbernauld at the time meant I was not a happy bunny.

Fast forward just over an hour and I'm jumping about like a lunatic at our 94th minute winner, and the perfect draw result for us in Cumbernauld v Benburb. News of Arthurlie losing as well made my mood even better, no offence intended of course.

What a fantastic promotion race this is this season, it's going to go right to the wire. Glencairn and Benburb with exactly the same wins, draws and losses, with Glens edging the goal difference by six at the moment.

A lot of twists and turns still to come though.

Just out of interest, has craigmark won any games under the new manager they brought in to replace the manager they had, (who I personally thought was doing well) find it strange they appointed a manager who hadn't won a game with kello, to replace a guy doing OK,

1 hour ago, spit said:

Just out of interest, has craigmark won any games under the new manager they brought in to replace the manager they had, (who I personally thought was doing well) find it strange they appointed a manager who hadn't won a game with kello, to replace a guy doing OK,

I’m no sure since he’s been in charge of us on day one of the season whether he’s won a game in the league at all , if he has I think it might be only one 

Not yet but had a run of games with teams at the top of the league. With the exception of Irvine vics. Add that to lochee and auchinleck. A list of fixtures most managers and teams outwith the top five would struggle to cope with. We have a better team and players now. Progress is progress regardless of how long it takes. As per your last point if you were from craigmark you would not find it strange!!

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

An afternoon where my emotions swung from one extreme to another.

Glencairn 2-0 down after 25 minutes, and Benburb winning 2-0 away at Cumbernauld at the time meant I was not a happy bunny.

Fast forward just over an hour and I'm jumping about like a lunatic at our 94th minute winner, and the perfect draw result for us in Cumbernauld v Benburb. News of Arthurlie losing as well made my mood even better, no offence intended of course.

What a fantastic promotion race this is this season, it's going to go right to the wire. Glencairn and Benburb with exactly the same wins, draws and losses, with Glens edging the goal difference by six at the moment.

A lot of twists and turns still to come though.

Not a bad day for Rossvale either..  

27 minutes ago, VORman said:

Not yet but had a run of games with teams at the top of the league. With the exception of Irvine vics. Add that to lochee and auchinleck. A list of fixtures most managers and teams outwith the top five would struggle to cope with. We have a better team and players now. Progress is progress regardless of how long it takes. As per your last point if you were from craigmark you would not find it strange!!

To be fair been to beechwood twice with 2 different teams and aggregate is 2-2 so the championship seems a problem but giving the talbot a game isn’t 

20 minutes ago, glensmad said:
36 minutes ago, DanMan said:
Not a bad day for Rossvale either..  

Correct, and you look well placed to grab one of the top 3 places at least. Our match in two weeks could be a cracker.

Should be. Glens have to be on a revenge mission after getting a doing at Huntershill.. Could be a cracker

15 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

They have a tricky wee game in between that one 

Nobody said any different, Whitletts away a week on Wednesday   ...  2 tough games before Glens game, but todays results certainly went our way. 

Nobody said any different, Whitletts away a week on Wednesday   ...  2 tough games before Glens game, but todays results certainly went our way. 
You'll be hoping that Whitletts have had the floodlight fixed that was not working when we were down there on a Wednesday night at the start of the season. The lights are set back behind the running track and aren't really designed for football in my opinion. When we played it was really hard to see what was happening from the grandstand when it got dark in the second half, because one of the lights wasn't operating.

You'll be hoping that Whitletts have had the floodlight fixed that was not working when we were down there on a Wednesday night at the start of the season. The lights are set back behind the running track and aren't really designed for football in my opinion. When we played it was really hard to see what was happening from the grandstand when it got dark in the second half, because one of the lights wasn't operating.

Thank christ you sneaked a win that night or we would never hear the end of it ffs

Not been on in a while due to an extreme lack of games at the brig,no competitive football since the 2nd of march has left us scratching our balls looking in from afar. Interesting that we play 4from the top 6 before the season ends and with the new faces being brought in and existing players playing for a shirt next season,I think we could be a thorn in the side for a few of the promotion contenders 

That aside,as much as I think the new fixture layout has been good and welcomed in some parts,in others it has turned into a shambles. 3 home games in January obliterated what grass we had on the park leading to a few call offs this month and now as mentioned no competitive football in a month!!!!

6 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

That aside,as much as I think the new fixture layout has been good and welcomed in some parts,in others it has turned into a shambles. 3 home games in January obliterated what grass we had on the park leading to a few call offs this month and now as mentioned no competitive football in a month!!!!

Originally Neilston’s January fixtures were set as 5th Home v Arthurlie, 19th Away v St Roch’s, 26th Home v Kello. The West of Scotland Cup was played on 12th January and when the draw was made, I had 9 teams to sort league games for. For Neilston that meant a Home game v Girvan as that was the best configuration to let me list 4 games. The Arthurlie and Girvan games were played, there was no game on Brig-o-Lea on 19th and then it was used for the Kello game on the 26th. The next game played at the Brig was on 16th Feb, then followed 2 away games (both played) before a postponed fixture (waterlogged) at home on 9th March and a postponed away fixture (Benburb playing in the West Cup) on 16th, only 1 game survived the weather on the 16th so the West Cup was moved to the 23rd, unfortunately for Neilston that meant their game against Craigmark was postponed.

I don't see where 3 home games in January caused any problems, and I can hardly be held responsible for Scottish weather.