West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Saturday's fixtures as the promotion race starts to head to the "business end" of the season :-
Cumbernauld United (4th) v Benburb (1st)
Girvan (14th) v Whitletts Victoria (7th)
Irvine Victoria (12th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd)
Kello Rovers (15th) v St Roch's (11th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)
Rossvale (5th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Darvel Juniors (9th) v Arthurlie (3rd)
Your thoughts ?
Draw
Whitletts
Glencairn
Candy
Draw
Rossvale
Draw

56 minutes ago, Cairn1902 said:

Tried to be very objective, in terms of the recent form of each team, but realised that I was “creating” results which would benefit The Glens. Sad, reallyemoji854.png

Do it if you want, I'll do a set which would shaft The Glens to balance it out.

I think this could be the week glencairn get their noses back in front , Benburb have surprised me keeping it going all season and good luck to them but I think glencairn will pip them to the title and hope Cumbernauld go up also as they are the 3 best teams we have played this season . 

That set of results would be just the biz. :thumsup2
Thought you would like that Peter, however you're going to have to work hard for anything this weekend [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Saturday's fixtures as the promotion race starts to head to the "business end" of the season :-

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Whitletts

Rutherglen 

Kello

Draw

Rossvale

Draw

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Draw

Away

Away

Away

Home

Draw

Had a look at the table as my side (Cambuslang) seem inevitable for the drop from the premier and weighing up the division below. So from a neutral viewing I think that the order of teams will finish
1. Glencairn
2.Benburb
3.Rossvale
4.Cumbernauld
5.Arthurlie

With girvan, kello and larkhall unfortunately like ourselves finding the drop to much of an ask to avoid.
However to have so many teams still battling for the positions makes me excited to hopefully be part of it next season if we do go down. Great competition.

11 minutes ago, Beckanbaur said:

Had a look at the table as my side (Cambuslang) seem inevitable for the drop from the premier and weighing up the division below. So from a neutral viewing I think that the order of teams will finish
1. Glencairn
2.Benburb
3.Rossvale
4.Cumbernauld
5.Arthurlie

With girvan, kello and larkhall unfortunately like ourselves finding the drop to much of an ask to avoid.
However to have so many teams still battling for the positions makes me excited to hopefully be part of it next season if we do go down. Great competition.

I hope your prediction is correct, but there is a lot of football still to be played.

Whatever happens, it will be a really tight race for promotion next year as well, with the two from the current top five who will miss out, and adding in Cambuslang, Petershill plus one other to be relegated from the Premiership, as well as Darvel throwing big money at it and Gartcairn and Kilsyth Rangers who I am certain will be contenders.

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I think this could be the week glencairn get their noses back in front , Benburb have surprised me keeping it going all season and good luck to them but I think glencairn will pip them to the title and hope Cumbernauld go up also as they are the 3 best teams we have played this season . 

I agree. They are the best 3 we have played too but i think Rossvale will go up with the Bens and Glencairn. They will need to implode to give anyone else a chance. 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I hope you're right, but Benburb have shown great resilience and are unbeaten in all of the league games except when they have played us, so we have no reason to believe they will drop many points between now and the end of the season. We have to keep winning to keep the pressure on them, but they have shown no signs of buckling so far. I repeat what I have said all along, though. Top three was my target for the season, and anything more than that is a bonus for me personally.

Edited by glensmad

42 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I hope you're right, but Benburb have shown great resilience and are unbeaten in all of the league games except when they have played us, so we have no reason to believe they will drop many points between now and the end of the season. We have to keep winning to keep the pressure on them, but they have shown no signs of buckling so far. I repeat what I have said all along, though. Top three was my target for the season, and anything more than that is a bonus for me personally.

No to my bookies account though if u don’t win it ha 

58 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I hope your prediction is correct, but there is a lot of football still to be played.

Whatever happens, it will be a really tight race for promotion next year as well, with the two from the current top five who will miss out, and adding in Cambuslang, Petershill plus one other to be relegated from the Premiership, as well as Darvel throwing big money at it and Gartcairn and Kilsyth Rangers who I am certain will be contenders.

Where are u getting we are throwing big money at it ? Can someone enlighten me on this ?