West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Kilsyth 0 Irvine vics 0
To say the game was rotten would be being kind , murder !
Altho not taking anything away from the vics who thoroughly deserved there point
Not the best game I've seen but as the second half progressed I thought Vics might have nicked it. Hit the post , penalty shout and couple of half chances. I expected a lot more from Kilsyth given their home record and how they played in first game.
Valuable point for Vics in survival fight.

So it looks like it's down to three from the top five for promotion now, with Glencairn and Rossvale winning while Kilsyth dropped a couple of points which probably finally rules them out of the equation.

Irvine Vics' point at Kilsyth may just be enough to see them safe with Girvan losing heavily.

Some interesting fixtures next week which could have a significant impact on both ends of the table.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

So it looks like it's down to three from the top five for promotion now, with Glencairn and Rossvale winning while Kilsyth dropped a couple of points which probably finally rules them out of the equation.

Irvine Vics' point at Kilsyth may just be enough to see them safe with Girvan losing heavily.

Some interesting fixtures next week which could have a significant impact on both ends of the table.

I know there are still plenty of games to be played, but for me it's 3 from 4. Arthurlie won't get above Gkens and Bens, and won't finish ahead of BOTH Rossvale and C'nauld  

Not the best game I've seen but as the second half progressed I thought Vics might have nicked it. Hit the post , penalty shout and couple of half chances. I expected a lot more from Kilsyth given their home record and how they played in first game.
Valuable point for Vics in survival fight.
We can play alot better , an wee were poor but didnt want 2 take anything away from vics performance,which deserved at least a point

We can play alot better , an wee were poor but didnt want 2 take anything away from vics performance,which deserved at least a point
Not the worst game I've seen and thought both teams made a good go of it. I expected your good home form to continue today felt you were unlucky to lose at Irvine and thought we would get a bit of payback today. Happy with a point and hopefully we will be catching up again next season.

Yeah draw a fair result. BTW thought the pitch looked in great condition given the recent weather [emoji106]

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

hope for our sake rossvale go up as it would save us playing at their sports centre next season but I think we will beat them in a couple of weeks time which could blow it open 

Jeez, never been there, but there you go again. 

Pump it up.the Mark are staying up.
What’s that sound Girvan going down.
Even though we were on cup duty yesterday. Girvan’s loss was a huge one.

Give it a rest, no one likes a gloater! But in all fairness after that performance yesterday I think we’re in trouble, taking nothing away from Darvel, who are a very good side.

3 hours ago, The Roxy said:

Give it a rest, no one likes a gloater! But in all fairness after that performance yesterday I think we’re in trouble, taking nothing away from Darvel, who are a very good side.

I really hope girvan stay up but on yesterday’s performance it’s hard to see how they will but good luck anyway 

Was looking forward to enjoying a light beverage on a Wednesday night to see out the season but just clocked that we've already played 25 games. Our park is the only good thing about this season.

Hopefully an easy summer benefits our players.

Pump it up.the Mark are staying up.
What’s that sound Girvan going down.
Even though we were on cup duty yesterday. Girvan’s loss was a huge one.

Did you come up with that song yourself? Because it is horrendous.

Saturday's fixtures as the promotion race starts to head to the "business end" of the season :-

Cumbernauld United (4th) v Benburb (1st)

Girvan (14th) v Whitletts Victoria (7th)

Irvine Victoria (12th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd)

Kello Rovers (15th) v St Roch's (11th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)

Rossvale (5th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Darvel Juniors (9th) v Arthurlie (3rd)

Your thoughts ?

Saturday's fixtures as the promotion race starts to head to the "business end" of the season :-
Cumbernauld United (4th) v Benburb (1st)
Girvan (14th) v Whitletts Victoria (7th)
Irvine Victoria (12th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd)
Kello Rovers (15th) v St Roch's (11th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Kilsyth Rangers (6th)
Rossvale (5th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Darvel Juniors (9th) v Arthurlie (3rd)
Your thoughts ?

Tried to be very objective, in terms of the recent form of each team, but realised that I was “creating” results which would benefit The Glens. Sad, really[emoji854]