West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

2 games last week abandoned both playable at kick-off, infact bone dry at both venues till 1pm, the the heavens open, games abandoned after an hour n a half of torrential rain, so if whittlets was OK in the morning the surely the don't need to inspect pitch, if it changes between 10am till 1pm then there's nothing can be done till match ref arrives, I tried four years ago to cancel a match at 11:45am after torrential rain started at 10:30am the visiting team hadn't left there area but Mr Robertson told me, you can't cancel now, it's upto match official, Ardeer arrived and were told to go home by match off, crazy ruling,

2 games last week abandoned both playable at kick-off, infact bone dry at both venues till 1pm, the the heavens open, games abandoned after an hour n a half of torrential rain, so if whittlets was OK in the morning the surely the don't need to inspect pitch, if it changes between 10am till 1pm then there's nothing can be done till match ref arrives, I tried four years ago to cancel a match at 11:45am after torrential rain started at 10:30am the visiting team hadn't left there area but Mr Robertson told me, you can't cancel now, it's upto match official, Ardeer arrived and were told to go home by match off, crazy ruling,

Agreed, similar things happened with us in the past, one where the heavens opened as Petershill arrived and with 30mins the parts of the park were underwater due to the surface being hard underneath. Crazy thing was by 4pm it was as playable again. My early post was in response to a Rossvale fan who was unaware there had been further rain. We again have had that in the past where a pitch was quite clearly unplayable and there hadn’t been any further rain but they decided to gamble but it was called off.

Saturday's fixtures :-

Darvel Juniors (10th) v Larkhall Thistle (16th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Rossvale (6th)

Kilsyth Rangers (7th) v Girvan (14th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd) v Dalry Thistle (9th)

Your thoughts ?

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Saturday's fixtures :-

Darvel Juniors (10th) v Larkhall Thistle (16th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Rossvale (6th)

Kilsyth Rangers (7th) v Girvan (14th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd) v Dalry Thistle (9th)

Your thoughts ?

The weather will beat every fixture this weekend