West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Whiletts pitch playable and in good condition at 8.30. As per tweet Travel from Glasgow and called off at 1. Can I ask,  who inspected the pitch at 8.30 ??
Would imagine it was a local ref then called off by the match ref
Whitletts now out of pocket as they need to pay Rossvale travel money and probably out of pocket on catering aswell bit it's shite for fans who are also out of pocket after traveling from north Glasgow to Ayr

Whiletts pitch playable and in good condition at 8.30. As per tweet Travel from Glasgow and called off at 1. Can I ask,  who inspected the pitch at 8.30 ??

You should’ve asked in person if you were down there. Im still here just now, suns out, rains off and no wind whatsoever, dare i say perfect weather for a game [emoji30]

6 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Why does it matter who inspected the pitch?  Nothing unusual in a pitch being playable at 8.30am and not being playable 4.5 hours later.

Obviously not ideal for anyone but nobody can control mother nature.

Whitletts now out of pocket as they need to pay Rossvale travel money and probably out of pocket on catering aswell bit it's shite for fans who are also out of pocket after traveling from north Glasgow to Ayr
Sjfa out of pocket as official called it on then off. Not Whittlets fault.

So in your opinion
The pitch is playable ?

I think everyone that was there would happily have played that game, but my opinion doesn’t really matter, if the ref says no its aff [emoji30]

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It was one of the Match officials who called the game off when he turned up at 1pm today after a Whitletts Commitee guy asked him to walk the park as they had concerns ...surely this should have been done at 11am before Rossvale squad had left Glasgow ....Game was called of as they had concerns weather conditions wouldn't improve which I get but c'mon do an official inspection at a reasonable time to give us a head up I'm sure all clubs would appreciate that ....

It was one of the Match officials who called the game off when he turned up at 1pm today after a Whitletts Commitee guy asked him to walk the park as they had concerns ...surely this should have been done at 11am before Rossvale squad had left Glasgow ....Game was called of as they had concerns weather conditions wouldn't improve which I get but c'mon do an official inspection at a reasonable time to give us a head up I'm sure all clubs would appreciate that ....

So are you saying no pitch inspection took place this morning?

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Poor from Whittlets if they didn’t. If they did indeed wait for the match referee even though they had concerns then further punishment should be looked at.

Now seems it was a passing shower that caused the postponement no inspection before then ....