West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, larky9 said:

I posted earlier on about the Larkhall game getting abandoned at half time due to the weather,it wax actually due to the linesman going over on his ankle,it's a pity as well because I thought we could've taken Girvan in the 2nd half with the wind helping us

Thought it was a right good game and could have gone either way in the second half. It would have been interesting to see how the new vesion of Thistle reacted to the setback of the equaliser just before half time. As you know some of their reactions to setbacks haven't been too great this season so it would have been good to see how they coped.

Just a normal week for the young team. Sometime maybe Darvel will sort the problem.
The young team were fine today. Some singing and a few the worse for wear but on the whole not a problem. Once you've had Ardeer young team .... You can deal with anything !!

17 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:
3 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:
Also seen the young team from Darvel had one too many shandies today, fighting amongst themselves, well done to the Darvel supporter who sorted them out, never caught his name, but well done

Just a normal week for the young team. Sometime maybe Darvel will sort the problem.

It wasn't that much of a problem to be honest, as I say just a few too many shandies, hope they made up on the way back to Darvel

KRFC10 fighting is when punches are flung it was handbags mate and as you said at game to many shandies
They were fine really , a couple of stupid shouts and some handbags ,with each other i mite add , kudos 2 fella in grey jacket from darvel that i spoke 2 at the end of the game who went round and diffused the situation in a matter of minutes

25 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:
3 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:
Also seen the young team from Darvel had one too many shandies today, fighting amongst themselves, well done to the Darvel supporter who sorted them out, never caught his name, but well done

Did Pie man not call the cops.......

Good result for the farmers boys down at Dalry and good banter with the young team as well. Seen nothing but bad press for them on here...... blue smoke bombs aside they were all good boys. Think a few folk on this thread need to think back to when they were the young team following their club........if any of you have been following your club for that long?

I notice that Benburb and Dalry are both idle next Saturday as they've already played each other twice, and then Benburb play Beith in the West of Scotland Cup the Saturday after that. Assuming our two league games go ahead then we will go from a game behind Benburb to a game ahead of them. Benburb then return to league action with away games at Arthurlie and Cumbernauld United.

Dalry 1-3 neilston

another fine away win

game for the ducks today as rain battered down and pitch took hell of a beating making it hard for both teams 

Would prob say it was eachy peachy game  and wee took our chances Dalry keeper gifted us a goal which prob changed game 

not one bit of bother to report between fans both right nxt to each other in stand with standard banter at the juniors 

6 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

Good result for the farmers boys down at Dalry and good banter with the young team as well. Seen nothing but bad press for them on here...... blue smoke bombs aside they were all good boys. Think a few folk on this thread need to think back to when they were the young team following their club........if any of you have been following your club for that long?

Followed darvel since I was 7 years old, 38 years ago. Never any weapons at the football.

Really enjoyed my trip to JMP.  Fair result in my opinion.  Arthurlie shaded the 1st half, 2nd half never threatened and St. Rochs more or less controlled the game from then on.  Really decent crowd considering the weather.  I move about a lot at the game and ended up in amongst the Candy lads in 2 of the sheds and they are a credit in the way they support their team .  A few Lie fans saying the heavy pitch stopped us playing our usual game but not too long ago we ripped Dalry a new one on a similar pitch.  I think Arthurlie's promotion hopes are over even with Rossvale's defeat yesterday. If we had taken anything from JMP it would maybe have given them something to worry about.  I'm not counting  Cumbernauld out but after 2 defeats in a row i expect Rossvale to get back on track in their remaining games.

15 hours ago, larky9 said:

I posted earlier on about the Larkhall game getting abandoned at half time due to the weather,it wax actually due to the linesman going over on his ankle,it's a pity as well because I thought we could've taken Girvan in the 2nd half with the wind helping us

My info from the game was that it was abandoned due to the pitch becoming unplayable. No mention of an injury and that was confirmed by the referees report.

13 minutes ago, Kennie said:

My info from the game was that it was abandoned due to the pitch becoming unplayable. No mention of an injury and that was confirmed by the referees report.

And yet Albert and Lugar managed to get their game finished not too far away ...and quite a decent watch it was too.