West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

6 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Also seen the young team from Darvel had one too many shandies today, fighting amongst themselves, well done to the Darvel supporter who sorted them out, never caught his name, but we'll done

Did he shout, “shut it tadger”?

15 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Tbf the conditions made it a very hard match and if you scored the pen then it's a different game .
I thought your number 9 was superb and very surprised and glad to see him subbed .

Thought we were poor today, also thought the guy who scored the 2nd for you pushed the defender in the back before scoring. No chance of promotion now for us.

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

I will be surprised if Rossvale dont catch Cumbernauld

not surprised but absolutely shattered I think better describes how you will feel...squeaky bum time for everybody and no rash predictions from me .After our set back against you at the field of dreams 3 weeks ago I wouldnae have put anything on us  but creaks and cracks are being heard and seen .Let's just wait and see

A good day for the top two as they stretch a further 3 points ahead of Cumbernauld, Arthurlie and Rossvale, and with another game ticked off.

Benburb seem to be a very resilient team, scoring late goals in the last couple of weeks to get an additional three points which could turn out to be very important for them.

I posted earlier on about the Larkhall game getting abandoned at half time due to the weather,it wax actually due to the linesman going over on his ankle,it's a pity as well because I thought we could've taken Girvan in the 2nd half with the wind helping us

49 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It's was a shoulder charge from Eddie and your defenders are all big lads so I have to say simply poor defending

How do you shoulder charge someone who has their back to you? Two hands in the back  and shoved him but the ref let it go and the rest is history. 

How do you shoulder charge someone who has their back to you? Two hands in the back  and shoved him but the ref let it go and the rest is history. 
Agree to disagree I was right in front of it he came right across and shoulder charged the defender off the ball then raced through before slotting home
Not a push or hands on anyone imo

Heard this morning Darvel pitch is lookin suspect for next weekends game against kello, or is it due to the fact that a good number of the Darvel players are away on a stag weekend , mmm, watch with interest to see what happens next weekend then,
What u on about, the pitch isn't even visible...[emoji848]20190302_191412.jpg

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

A good day for the top two as they stretch a further 3 points ahead of Cumbernauld, Arthurlie and Rossvale, and with another game ticked off.

Benburb seem to be a very resilient team, scoring late goals in the last couple of weeks to get an additional three points which could turn out to be very important for them.

good day all round for glens look fwd too seeing highlights, thought draw for benburb would have been ideal scenario but over rated vale let me down   but today's points   should be enough for us too clinch a top 3 finish  

1 hour ago, larky9 said:

I posted earlier on about the Larkhall game getting abandoned at half time due to the weather,it wax actually due to the linesman going over on his ankle,it's a pity as well because I thought we could've taken Girvan in the 2nd half with the wind helping us

That doesn't make any sense at all, why then were the referee and linesmen out at half time bouncing the ball on the park to see if it stuck?

And why were they running about, if the ref had done his ankle he'd be hobbling not running.

More than a coincidence that they were soaked and cold and like another poster said, one of the linos could have reffed it with club officials on the lines, they are meant to be qualified referees.

30 minutes ago, glenco said:

good day all round for glens look fwd too seeing highlights, thought draw for benburb would have been ideal scenario but over rated vale let me down   but today's points   should be enough for us too clinch a top 3 finish  

Eh?

That doesn't make any sense at all, why then were the referee and linesmen out at half time bouncing the ball on the park to see if it stuck?
And why were they running about, if the ref had done his ankle he'd be hobbling not running.
More than a coincidence that they were soaked and cold and like another poster said, one of the linos could have reffed it with club officials on the lines, they are meant to be qualified referees.
Only going from what I wad told from the committee,I was in the clubhouse at half time when it was announced

A lot of football still to be played, today was an important three points but nothing has been settled.

Also seen the young team from Darvel had one too many shandies today, fighting amongst themselves, well done to the Darvel supporter who sorted them out, never caught his name, but well done
Just a normal week for the young team. Sometime maybe Darvel will sort the problem.