West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Smashing match at Dunterlie between two good teams going full throttle for the win. In the end neither side can really complain about the draw, although I think we obviously felt better about it having been two goals down with 15 minutes left to play.

That could turn out to be a very important point for us.

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

Gutted today by defeat at the hands of Rossvale .No complaints from me not a shred of controversy to cling onto ..........unfortunately

Was a cagey game..  not a lot between the sides. A bit of quality with the goal to win it was the difference. Big, big win for Rossvale today

Arthurlie the better team unlucky not be 3/4 hit the crossbar cleared off line,
Goalkeeper Assaults Arthurlie supporter by jumping barrier and stays on pitch,Plenty of posts on p&b silence on this subject,I have contacted SJFA with regards to this,
Arthurlie were the better team from the half hour mark till they scored their second goal on the hour mark. Glencairn dominated the first half hour and the last half hour.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
9 minutes ago, Gaz1888 said:
Goalkeeper Assaults Arthurlie supporter by jumping barrier and stays on pitch,Plenty of posts on p&b silence on this subject,I have contacted SJFA with regards to this,

Arthurlie were the better team from the half hour mark till they scored their second goal on the hour mark. Glencairn dominated the first half hour and the last half hour.

Unsurprisingly peter you chose to ignore the behaviour of the goalkeeper who jumped the barrier and assaulted a supporter.  

Unsurprisingly peter you chose to ignore the behaviour of the goalkeeper who jumped the barrier and assaulted a supporter.  
I didn't see it the incident you are referring to. I don't comment on things I don't know anything about.

Just now, glensmad said:
3 minutes ago, john-m- said:

I didn't see it the incident you are referring to. I don't comment on things I don't know anything about.

Predictable response. Was witnessed by several of glens committee but I’d hazard a guess and say they will be the same as you and deny it happened. 

16 minutes ago, Gaz1888 said:

It wasn't nice to see and i though gary was very lucky to stay on the pitch he should have been sent off.

As for the match we started well lost a poor goal right on ht. didn't get going in the 2nd half till the gormley and mcrobbie were on.

I think gormleys goal was our first shot on target in the 2nd half then glens played really well to get 2nd goal, cant complain when ur 2 nil down to draw could be a big point come the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, R.G.F.C said:

It wasn't nice to see and i though gary was very lucky to stay on the pitch he should have been sent off.

As for the match we started well lost a poor goal right on ht. didn't get going in the 2nd half till the gormley and mcrobbie were on.

I think gormleys goal was our first shot on target in the 2nd half then glens played really well to get 2nd goal, cant complain when ur 2 nil down to draw could be a big point come the end of the season.

Correct he should have been sent off and this would have been a game changer,also the ref was 5 yards away from the incident,  but anyway fair play to keeper he apologised to myself, 

26 minutes ago, glensmad said:
29 minutes ago, john-m- said:

There’s a shock 

9 minutes ago, Gaz1888 said:

Correct he should have been sent off and this would have been a game changer,also the ref was 5 yards away from the incident,  but anyway fair play to keeper he apologised to myself, 

Good to hear he did apologize fair play to him. 

At 2-2 i thought this has an mcnab winner all over it.

Surely if it was an assault the first people you should have contacted was police Scotland

8 hours ago, garrellburn said:

A 0-0 draw in your last match is hardly 'in form' although certainly an improvement in what has gone before. However a win has to come sometime and today would be a good day to start.

Whooosh :P

I know mate, one draw after 20 odd defeats isn't exactly in-form, hence the the tongue-out emoticon

Anyway that's a draw and then a win, it's getting nearer to in-form - unbeaten in February!

4 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

If found guilty I hope the keeper is banned from the game as if it was the other way round the supporter would be banned for life so we can't be seen to tolerate such thuggery just cos it's a player

The ref had a clear view off it and decided not to send whyte off.

Heat off the moment and yes he was in the wrong and should have been sent off but to ban him from the game will be going to far he did apologize to the guy.