West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Arthurlie to keep there promotion hopes alive with a 3-1 win at home to Glencairn .

Benburb to add another 3 points on the board with a 5-2 win

Cumbernauld v Rossvale in what will be the match of the day and one for the football purests and I'm going for Cumbernauld just to pip it 2-1

Girvan to draw 1-1 with Dalry and Irvine Vic's and Darvel to also share the spoils 2-2

Kilsyth and Neilston to record comfortable home wins 6-0 and 3-0 respectively .

St Rochs to hopefully bounce back but Darvel target Forsyth may ultimately prove the difference tho I'm going 4-3 to the candy with another Darvel target Ferns stealing the show.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

The weather looks promising for a full card of fixtures on Saturday :-

Arthurlie (3rd) v Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd)

Benburb (1st) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Cumbernauld United (4th) v Rossvale (6th)

Girvan (14th) v Dalry Thistle (9th)

Irvine Victoria (12th) v Darvel Juniors (11th)

Kilsyth Rangers (7th) v Kello Rovers (15th)

Neilston Juniors (8th) v Larkhall Thistle (16th)

St Roch's (10th) v Whitletts Victoria (5th)

Your thoughts ?

Could be a very decisive week in the promotion race. If Rossvale, Glencairn & Benburb all win, I think it will be very difficult for the other contenders. If it goes the other way, what a finish we are in for. 

I will go

Away

Home

Away

Draw

Draw

Home

Home

Home

13 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Could be a very decisive week in the promotion race. If Rossvale, Glencairn & Benburb all win, I think it will be very difficult for the other contenders. If it goes the other way, what a finish we are in for. 

I will go

Away

Home

Away

Draw

Draw

Home

Home

Home

I don't see it like that, you could win on Saturday and quite easily lose your next two difficult games. Then again if you get beat on Saturday I would say its Rossvale who will find it difficult to gain promotion. All ifs and buts.

1 minute ago, BeverleyHills said:

I don't see it like that, you could win on Saturday and quite easily lose your next two difficult games. Then again if you get beat on Saturday I would say its Rossvale who will find it difficult to gain promotion. All ifs and buts.

I take your point, but if it happens, Rossvale will have lost 1 game in 16. Arthurlie will have lost 6 and Cumbernauld 5. Rossvale Benburb and Glencairn will only have lost 4 games between them.

I never said anything was certain, but it would be a long road back for the rest

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

I take your point, but if it happens, Rossvale will have lost 1 game in 16. Arthurlie will have lost 6 and Cumbernauld 5. Rossvale Benburb and Glencairn will only have lost 4 games between them.

I never said anything was certain, but it would be a long road back for the rest

I think winning games more likely get you promoted than not losing them,your win ratio is lower than Cumbernauld,Rutherglen and Benburb..

7 minutes ago, BeverleyHills said:

I think winning games more likely get you promoted than not losing them,your win ratio is lower than Cumbernauld,Rutherglen and Benburb..

I take your point, however the difference between Cumbernauld and Rossvale is negligible 68% win Ratio compared to 65%. Given that Rossvale have played less games against lower league teams, I would think their win ratio would most likely improve... Still it will all come out in the wash

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Away

Home

Home

Away

Draw

Home

Home

Draw

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Away

Away

Away

Home

Home

Away

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Arthurlie 

Benburb 

Draw 

Dalry 

Draw 

Kilsyth 

Neilston 

St Rochs 

23 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Arthurlie to keep there promotion hopes alive with a 3-1 win at home to Glencairn .

Benburb to add another 3 points on the board with a 5-2 win

Cumbernauld v Rossvale in what will be the match of the day and one for the football purests and I'm going for Cumbernauld just to pip it 2-1

Girvan to draw 1-1 with Dalry and Irvine Vic's and Darvel to also share the spoils 2-2

Kilsyth and Neilston to record comfortable home wins 6-0 and 3-0 respectively .

St Rochs to hopefully bounce back but Darvel target Forsyth may ultimately prove the difference tho I'm going 4-3 to the candy with another Darvel target Ferns stealing the show.

A wee progress report on the two boys mentioned would be great, so we know how to fit them in to our squad for next season:whistle

8 minutes ago, Jason King said:

I note from the website that the Vics and indeed Peasy appear to have their deducted points back but Cambuslang have not.

Yes, both Irvine Vics and Peasy successully appealed, whereas Cambuslang did not.

2 minutes ago, Phlegmatikos said:

Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. There are no secrets to success. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Wrong Forum mate.... The philosophy one got shut down due to a lack of interest  

1 hour ago, Phlegmatikos said:

Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. There are no secrets to success. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Aye ok, lol :)

How did it end ? I fell asleep half way through [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji23]