West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Don't know about that gotw the Wee Vics could give Kilsyth a shock on Saturday.[emoji106][emoji460]️
Think Kilsyth will win this by a couple as they are really solid at home. I think the bigger pitch does suit us a bit as proven at Whitletts. However I also think the 3-1 win over them at Vics park flattered us a wee bit as Kilsyth created a barrel load of chances that they didn't take. The wee guy Sal that plays up front for them, IMO is one of the best players in our league.
A repeat of our 2-0 win the last time I was at Duncansfield, would be good, but not hopeful to be honest. Saying that it's football, anything is possible.[emoji6]
T

Think Kilsyth will win this by a couple as they are really solid at home. I think the bigger pitch does suit us a bit as proven at Whitletts. However I also think the 3-1 win over them at Vics park flattered us a wee bit as Kilsyth created a barrel load of chances that they didn't take. The wee guy Sal that plays up front for them, IMO is one of the best players in our league.
A repeat of our 2-0 win the last time I was at Duncansfield, would be good, but not hopeful to be honest. Saying that it's football, anything is possible.[emoji6]
T
Think there's a lot more shock results to come Tombo and it makes the league more interesting. Should be a great run in.[emoji106][emoji460]️

17 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

Surely Cumbernauld have to do that as well having only played Kilsyth from the top half in their last six games and they have an awful away record.

That is also true. Given everything at stake I would be surprised in either team shipped 4 goals. I will take a draw ideally

You are in decent form, but to balance it off, You haven't played anybody in the top half since November

Played Whittlets on 22nd December winning 2-1 at Dam Park.

It’s hard to know what to expect on Saturday. If we can play to our strengths then I believe we can win but our off days seem to have been against the other top teams. If we turn up with the right attitude we can get 3 points.

6 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Played Whittlets on 22nd December winning 2-1 at Dam Park.

It’s hard to know what to expect on Saturday. If we can play to our strengths then I believe we can win but our off days seem to have been against the other top teams. If we turn up with the right attitude we can get 3 points.

I dont doubt you can get the points. It was the 4 goals I was a bit dubious about. Feel free to have a 0-0 draw though 

2 hours ago, DanMan said:

You are in decent form, but to balance it off, You haven't played anybody in the top half since November

Thats a great point and something my fellow Lie fan seems to be ignoring.  We have yet to beat any of the top teams.   Some are getting carried away at our form against the weaker teams.  I hope he is correct ,obviously .  We played some great stuff against Dalry on a heavy surface but can we deliver that type of performance against  Cumbernauld?   I would suggest we may have to play better to take anything.  Whatever happens i reckon we will put up a better fight than our home game against them,  where they beat us 2-0 and could possibly have tripled that. 

I dont doubt you can get the points. It was the 4 goals I was a bit dubious about. Feel free to have a 0-0 draw though 

As satori said i think it optimistic to get 4 goals when we barely troubled Cumbernauld at Dunterlie. Also factor in several ex Arthurlie players who may have a point to prove (although we do have an ex Cumbernauld player too) and you have the makings of an exciting game.

This season has gone better than anyone at Arthurlie expected with the turnover of players and the manager deserves the utmost credit for getting the club to where we are, if we go on and get promoted great but what the clubs has achieved this season has greatly surpassed my expectations.

Thats a great point and something my fellow Lie fan seems to be ignoring.  We have yet to beat any of the top teams.   Some are getting carried away at our form against the weaker teams.  I hope he is correct ,obviously .  We played some great stuff against Dalry on a heavy surface but can we deliver that type of performance against  Cumbernauld?   I would suggest we may have to play better to take anything.  Whatever happens i reckon we will put up a better fight than our home game against them,  where they beat us 2-0 and could possibly have tripled that. 
To be fair the last team to beat us was cumbernauld but on that day we were very poor and our current form is excellent also since that deafeat we were beatin bens 1-0 before it was called off and beat whitletts away so im not getting carried away i dont think we will go up this season thats a small step to far but i do belive we can put a good few goals past anyone

25 minutes ago, 1874_MTL said:
3 hours ago, Satori. said:

To be fair the last team to beat us was cumbernauld but on that day we were very poor and our current form is excellent also since that deafeat we were beatin bens 1-0 before it was called off and beat whitletts away so im not getting carried away i dont think we will go up this season thats a small step to far but i do belive we can put a good few goals past anyone

Listen mate i really hope you are right .  Cumbernauld are a different kettle of fish to the other teams we have faced recently.  We did beat Whitletts away but they are not one of the top teams and  its by no means certain we would have beaten the Bens.      Historically we have struggled at Cumbernauld  be it the hosts or RobRoy .  Hopefully that changes at the weekend

This will be the big test for Arthurlie, to see if we can compete with the other promotion chasing teams. I’m sure we can and need to start taking points off of them if we are going up. It makes for an exciting end to the season , five teams going for the top three (in my opinion).

14 minutes ago, iaind said:

This will be the big test for Arthurlie, to see if we can compete with the other promotion chasing teams. I’m sure we can and need to start taking points off of them if we are going up. It makes for an exciting end to the season , five teams going for the top three (in my opinion).

I think your poor start will prove too much to overcome. Arthurlie have already lost more games than Glencairn, Benburb & Rossvale combined. 

Edited by DanMan

I think your poor start will prove too much to overcome. Arthurlie have already lost more games than Glencairn, Benburb & Rossvale combined. 

I agree, we are going to have to win most of our games to go up. But I’m happy to be in the mix and enjoying watching my team after last season. It wouldn’t be a disaster not going up this season.