West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Rossvale would love to have cover on there terrace but with a very small working committee and an even smaller support without funding who is gonna pay for material and labour .
They have set up a tent in the far corner with tea and biscuits for a donation which saves folk having to leave the ground to go to the sports centre for the vending machine
Yes there are problems and it's far from ideal but the club are working with the hand they were dealt with from EDC .
I disagree tho with the comment unless there are hundreds they viewing is fine we took about 100 and folk ended up standing outside for a better view .

6 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Rossvale would love to have cover on there terrace but with a very small working committee and an even smaller support without funding who is gonna pay for material and labour .
They have set up a tent in the far corner with tea and biscuits for a donation which saves folk having to leave the ground to go to the sports centre for the vending machine
Yes there are problems and it's far from ideal but the club are working with the hand they were dealt with from EDC .
I disagree tho with the comment unless there are hundreds they viewing is fine we took about 100 and folk ended up standing outside for a better view .

Chris, you had about 300 supporting Port Glasgow last game of the season, ..... 

2 hours ago, Village elder said:

as long as you don't pretend it's junior football because what you have described is a kick about in a public park with yer mates :-)

Where is the pretence? Rossvale are in the last 16 of the Scottish JUNIOR Cup tomorrow. Sitting in a decent position to perhaps get promoted to the top tier of JUNIOR football. Not quite sure how much more of a JUNIOR side you would like them to be. Get used to it, Rossvale are making strides in JUNIOR fitba.

31 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Where is the pretence? Rossvale are in the last 16 of the Scottish JUNIOR Cup tomorrow. Sitting in a decent position to perhaps get promoted to the top tier of JUNIOR football. Not quite sure how much more of a JUNIOR side you would like them to be. Get used to it, Rossvale are making strides in JUNIOR fitba.

tried to be kind but you seem to  have significant comprehension issues .IT IS NOT ABOUT TEAMS, MANAGERS ,FANS OR COMMITTEES...I WOULD NOT WASTE MONEY TO WATCH A GAME IN A CAGE......CLEAR ENOUGH....NOT ADVOCATING PEOPLE SHOULD BOYCOTT YOU ..SIMPLY STATING WHAT MY OPINION IS...NEVER ONCE DECRIED YOUR ON FIELD SUCCESS OR THE PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE....OH AND GOOD LUCK IN THE NEXT ROUND OF THE SCOTTISH but I hope your league challenge collapses like an undercooked souffle !

1 minute ago, Village elder said:

tried to be kind but you seem to  have significant comprehension issues .IT IS NOT ABOUT TEAMS, MANAGERS ,FANS OR COMMITTEES...I WOULD NOT WASTE MONEY TO WATCH A GAME IN A CAGE......CLEAR ENOUGH....NOT ADVOCATING PEOPLE SHOULD BOYCOTT YOU ..SIMPLY STATING WHAT MY OPINION IS...NEVER ONCE DECRIED YOUR ON FIELD SUCCESS OR THE PROGRESS YOU HAVE MADE....OH AND GOOD LUCK IN THE NEXT ROUND OF THE SCOTTISH but I hope your league challenge collapses like an undercooked souffle !

Well a bit disrespectful to call it a kick about with your pals eh ??

It certainly didn't suit the way we play. Adapted to it after going behind. But not really a pitch for playing football on

You should have adapted at the start. If you are as good as you think you are! Don’t wait till you fall behind. Don’t blame surface. Other teams have played well on it. Cumbernauld the other week were very decent on it. A bad workman as they say!!!

16 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Well a bit disrespectful to call it a kick about with your pals eh ??

was responding to your farmers field and pie and pint description..nothing to do with your clear on field progress and success....I appreciate that you have to make do with Huntershill .I also appreciate that short of a benevolent non criminal supplier of cash clubs are limited on what they can do and am sure you wish it were better..but even when I was a regular at senior football there were places I would give cash to go to...simply choice that's all

Edited by Village elder
grammar

8 minutes ago, VORman said:

You should have adapted at the start. If you are as good as you think you are! Don’t wait till you fall behind. Don’t blame surface. Other teams have played well on it. Cumbernauld the other week were very decent on it. A bad workman as they say!!!

All about the 3 points at the end of the day. 

Gentleman I try my best not to either look or get involved with the chat on social media.
But there certainly seems to be an ongoing barrage of not all positive comments towards our club.
There is of course several comments that certainly gives me great pleasure in reading.
Recently I have had several conversations with some of the guys from st. Rochs and to hear their positive words really does show me that even when clubs have great rivalry there is always time to show each other some support.

Just to also clarify some of the issues that keep arising on this site.
We are at present looking to arrange meetings with our council regarding every issue that not only away supporters but our own supporters feel are important for the club to move forward.
We will continue to push towards putting plans in place so that Huntershill can in time be a ground that every supporter looks forward to visiting.
We ask for everyone’s patience for the remainder of the season and in time we hope that the council will agree to our proposals and help promote Rossvale fc within the semi professional level of Scottish football.