West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

It's not a very big spectating area, and there is no cover at all. If you're bringing any form of sizeable support, tell them to come early as there is only so much room in the spectator section. The rest would need to watch through the fence. That's not meant as a criticism in any way, just describing how it is. 
Seriously. Watch thru the fence?
We took about 100 to the last round at Kilsyth. Is that a sizeable support?
Can cope with getting wet and not getting a pie or a beer, but I'd like to watch the game. Surely that's not too much to ask?

Seriously. Watch thru the fence?
We took about 100 to the last round at Kilsyth. Is that a sizeable support?
Can cope with getting wet and not getting a pie or a beer, but I'd like to watch the game. Surely that's not too much to ask?
The viewing areas (one either side of halfway) should accommodate 100 ok, but the viewing area has no steps, so you may be looking over the heads of people at the front.

Rossvale never owned Huntershill, which was always owned by the Council, and like most new Clubs we can't afford to purchase the land, then build a pitch and suitable changing faciliities/stand, as itis well outwith most new junior clubs budgets. At a million pounds an acre in Bishopbriggs, and a new astro pitch alone costing £500,000, then the days of Clubs having their own facilities have long gone. Even laying a good quality grass is in the six figure range after drainage and good enough turf. Most Clubs have to rely on councils, otherwise there would be no new teams in the league. The decision by the Juniors committee was to build a team to put pressure on the Council to allow the Club to look at putting the facilities in ourselves. That however takes time. 
Rossvale Juniors are only eight years old, and in a town of 25,000 people, surrounded by Glasgow, we are not in a small area where we can argue easily that we are the focal point of the community. We are in Bishopbriggs with Allan Glens, St Mungos, Glasgow Harp, West Park, Edfc, Springburn Harriers, Bishopbriggs Tennis Club etc, so the Council can't be seen to favour one club making progress difficult. 
We face many challenges but haven't done that bad after the short existence, and would ask that people be a bit sympathetic considering a lot of the Clubs we are competing against have 40 year, 50 year, and longer head start than is. If we are still in the same position in 10 years then people have every right to comment. 
Its harder to start a junior team now and put in appropriate facilities due to health and safety, and numerous other regulations, which weren't around when most Juniors were starting. This makes it difficult to set up a pie stall etc due to council regulations.
When we were at Petershill, cordia ran the pie stall and we got no revenue. We had to give a cut of the gate over and above hiring the facility to the council for no extra benefits. We had to buy cordials hospitality as we weren't allowed to bring anything in. We weren't allowed to put banners up for advertising. Every barrier to raise money was blocked. 
This isn't about people at the Club not wanting it, it's simply not a feasible prospect when others are holding us back. 

I don’t think anyone would slag off the hard work being done but my concerns would be that you could conceivably go into the top division next season with a ground that’s not fit for purpose. I am all for getting clubs into the West Region and was a the meetings that you were welcomed in but the lack or minimal amount of changes going on at Huntershill is not good enough imo. I criticised Gartcairn last year but at least they had catering facilities and they should be applauded for trying to improve. Can you not invest in it even if it’s not yours? I know the council won’t want to show favouritism but I’m sure you could fundraise throughout the whole community club to improve the facilities.

I get your point about the length of time that you have been in existence but I worked round the corner from Huntershill when it was built and it looks to me like nothing has changed in that time.

You have made great strides on the park and have gathered together a good and experienced squad but how are you going to cater for the Talbots and Polloks of this world at Huntershill if you go up?

Short memories on here

We as a supporters group took dogs abuse on here last season for boycotting entering the ground due to many of the points being raised and decided to watch the game on the hill outside the ground.

We felt and still do that the venue is not fit to host paying football that said however we decided this season not to boycott the ground and attend the match and it was from a spectator point of view awful especially if your not over 6 ft but the Rossvale committee do work hard and try there best to make the best of a bad situation so I say go along support your team but take a kick stool with you as you will probably need it.

Short memories on here
We as a supporters group took dogs abuse on here last season for boycotting entering the ground due to many of the points being raised and decided to watch the game on the hill outside the ground.
We felt and still do that the venue is not fit to host paying football that said however we decided this season not to boycott the ground and attend the match and it was from a spectator point of view awful especially if your not over 6 ft but the Rossvale committee do work hard and try there best to make the best of a bad situation so I say go along support your team but take a kick stool with you as you will probably need it.

And a large brolly [emoji106]

16 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

You can't watch through the fence as they have put up netting to stop folk watching through the fence.

Fucking scum from Weegieville causing issues!

Edited by drs

10 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Short memories on here

Happy now? ;)

54 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Rossvale is a shocking venue for junior football, when the draw was made and it was known there would be a sizeable crowd attending, game should be moved to a suitable venue, just my opinion 

Why should Rossvale give up home advantage in the last 16 of The Scottish Cup ?? The ground is deemed suitable by the SJFA., so either get on with it or don't come to the game. Rossvale are giving themselves the best possible chance to get to the last 8 which is for me totally understandable. Just my opinion

Easily the worst junior ground that I've attended,, pelletin down with rain the day I visited, soaked to the skin then had a long drive home soaked, not anywhere near junior standard, which is a shame as there a decent team to watch, but only on a nice day

43 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Why should Rossvale give up home advantage in the last 16 of The Scottish Cup ?? The ground is deemed suitable by the SJFA., so either get on with it or don't come to the game. Rossvale are giving themselves the best possible chance to get to the last 8 which is for me totally understandable. Just my opinion

I can understand that too. Rossvale are a great club but unfortunately its not a great place to visit but they shouldn't have to give up home advantage.  I've sampled your home ground and won't be back but thats my decision others may see it differently.  Absolutely nothing against Rossvale as i hated Gartcairn too and won't be back there either.

5 minutes ago, spit said:

Easily the worst junior ground that I've attended,, pelletin down with rain the day I visited, soaked to the skin then had a long drive home soaked, not anywhere near junior standard, which is a shame as there a decent team to watch, but only on a nice day

Cant really blame Rossvale for the weather. There are a few Junior grounds with little or no cover. There are also some with cover, but the pitch is like a farmers field with posts. 

Cant really blame Rossvale for the weather. There are a few Junior grounds with little or no cover. There are also some with cover, but the pitch is like a farmers field with posts. 

No but you can blame rossvale for having no cover or accepting the councils plans to play at one with no shelter , at least at the others you can grab a pie n bovril or a soup, not a vending machine in a corridor, the ones with farmers fields and posts are probably owned not rented off the council, hence not having a spare £500,000 to stick a plastic pitch down,

1 minute ago, spit said:

No but you can blame rossvale for having no cover or accepting the councils plans to play at one with no shelter , at least at the others you can grab a pie n bovril or a soup, not a vending machine in a corridor, the ones with farmers fields and posts are probably owned not rented off the council, hence not having a spare £500,000 to stick a plastic pitch down,

I suggest you go and read up on it mate. The club had very very little say in the layout. Exactly and the same applies in reverse, Rossvale have a pitch, but as the council own the facility, they cant really do a lot. You dont get Council tennants putting an extension on their Council House.