West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Benburb will go back to the top of the league next week after their 9-2 demolition of Girvan today, and I expect them to do something similar next week at home to Larkhall Thistle.

Rossvale continue to look like serious title contenders with another win today.

It's getting really tight at the top, but unfortunately for the current bottom three I think the relegation issue is pretty much already settled.

Beat 3-1 at Rossvale, down 2-0 in 1st half. We had a great 10 min spell before ht, and the same at start of 2nd. Managed to pull a goal back and were well on top, 3 mins later down to ten, Vale scored a 3rd game over [emoji30] Hopefully Rossvale go up, because that is one shite away day. Rossvale committee i spoke to were top notch though

49 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Beat 3-1 at Rossvale, down 2-0 in 1st half. We had a great 10 min spell before ht, and the same at start of 2nd. Managed to pull a goal back and were well on top, 3 mins later down to ten, Vale scored a 3rd game over emoji30.png Hopefully Rossvale go up, because that is one shite away day. Rossvale committee i spoke to were top notch though

Whitletts did have a decent spell, moreso after the break. Stupid challege by the defender already on a yellow didnt help. Overall Rossvale well worth the points though. 

7 hours ago, glensmad said:

Benburb will go back to the top of the league next week after their 9-2 demolition of Girvan today, and I expect them to do something similar next week at home to Larkhall Thistle.

It's getting really tight at the top, but unfortunately for the current bottom three I think the relegation issue is pretty much already settled.

How many of the 9 was a long ball ,cause that's all the supposedly do? Asking for a mate Griffiti on the wall....

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Don't think that's going to happen this time, we were getting back on track before the Kilsyth game but had a few players out. With them back and one or two additions it won't be 9 this time.

Still think we'll get beaten though, hoping to keep it down to 3 or 4 :)

56 minutes ago, The real Dembele said:

Don't think that's going to happen this time, we were getting back on track before the Kilsyth game but had a few players out. With them back and one or two additions it won't be 9 this time.

Still think we'll get beaten though, hoping to keep it down to 3 or 4 :)

Fs big man,talk about throwing the towel in. Don't know if your a player or a fan but with that attitude it's no surprise your where you are in the league

13 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

Fs big man,talk about throwing the towel in. Don't know if your a player or a fan but with that attitude it's no surprise your where you are in the league

Not at all mate just being realistic, optimistic if anything. Glensmad said he expected Bens to score a similar amount to the 9 they got against Girvan and we're in the habit of losing 9, title challengers at home to the bottom team who haven't got a single point.

I'm not a player but if you offered me 3-0 I'd bite your hand off, a respectable score and realistically as much as we can hope for.

And for the record, the players have done anything but throw the towel in in any of their games this season. Their attitude has been brilliant and they've kept going even in the face of repeated pumpings, the problem is ability and experience at this level, not their attitude.

Edited by The real Dembele

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

Weather already looking ominous for next lot of fixtures .We are due in the village of the damned next Saturday forecast for the week would make it look like Darvel is under some curse......

Game would have to be very doubtful at this stage going with forecast