West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

9 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

IMG_4630.jpgIMG_4631.jpgIMG_4632.jpg

Sorry to hear this news about Geordie, did a fantastic job for Whitletts with both the promotion and the run of results to ensure we got this to the position he has left us in, it should be a good enough position for any manager to keep us up, if Geordie hasn’t actually already secured that.

Any truth that Peter Leonard could be in for the job or  Gallagher 

No, Paddy Cleland is taking the team in the meantime, and id imagine if he does awrite then id be more than happy for him to carry on

4 hours ago, tombo said:

Still going to disagree with you Peter. Anything can happen in this league, a couple of good results for one team combined with losses for others changes the whole picture. Eg, Us beating Kilsyth, Craigmark and Whitletts, games they all would have marked down as wins for them beforehand. Kello beating Darvel, Rossvale pumping you guys. There are loads of games left for that to happen in the second half of the season. IMO
T

Would hardly have said Rossvale beating Glencairn at home was a shock result Tombo...  

All just opinions so here's my two bob"s worth .

There is nothing between the top 5/6 teams and there is still plenty of football to be played and of course points in the bag are always better than games in hand but Rossvale will be in the mix for promotion as will Kilysth and Arthurlie hunting down the front two but nobody ever won the grand national half way round so be prepared for a bumpy finish

13 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

You wouldn't swap points in the bag for games in hand?? Aye ok

7 points behind with 4 games in hand.. I think I would take the games in hand at this stage. I think most teams would

Edited by DanMan

Would hardly have said Rossvale beating Glencairn at home was a shock result Tombo...  
I wasn't saying shocks,so take your point, however unexpected may have been better terminology. IMO Rutherglen are the team to beat. That opinion hasn't changed over the last few seasons when we have played them. Their own inconsistencies have done them previously but this season they look like they have the bit between their teeth.
T

6 hours ago, LurpakButter said:

Any truth that Peter Leonard could be in for the job or  Gallagher 

No point in having Leonard as manager, he missed half the games he was with Cumnock this season due to holidays. We need someone who is committed.

Gallacher needs more experience for me yet. Did a great job at Craigmark tho.