West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Hope this 3pts doesn’t come back to bite the vics in the arse ... 
we all hv banter about stuff but tad harsh 
Totally agree, that decision just wiped out a great result today. I think we will need at least 25pts possibly nearer 30pts for safety. Sitting at 21pts with a couple of winnable games still to play, would have been nice.
Can't seem to recall showergate or strip gate resulting in points deductions previously, is this a first? Maybe some of our well informed statto's on P&B can provide an answer.
T

Totally agree, that decision just wiped out a great result today. I think we will need at least 25pts possibly nearer 30pts for safety. Sitting at 21pts with a couple of winnable games still to play, would have been nice.
Can't seem to recall showergate or strip gate resulting in points deductions previously, is this a first? Maybe some of our well informed statto's on P&B can provide an answer.
T
You won't need anywhere near 30 points for safety. We're over halfway through the season and Girvan in 3rd bottom have only 9 points.

You won't need anywhere near 30 points for safety. We're over halfway through the season and Girvan in 3rd bottom have only 9 points.
Girvan who have 3 games in hand and still to play us. There aren't many given is this league.

Could open up can of worms now cause every postponement could get questioned now .. if say majority of games are on in West and say only 2-3  are off surely questions hv to be asked 

These weren't just "run of the mill" postponements due to unplayable pitches, though. Without knowing all of the facts about the three cases, if matches are unable to be played because a pitch is deemed unfit, then that is different to a team being unable to fulfill a fixture for whatever reason is given. I don't know if the three teams have any right to appeal or not.

While the rest of the promotion contenders were in cup action yesterday, Cumbernauld United quietly moved up into the top three with a convincing win away at Dalry.

While the bottom three look like a certainty already, the top three could be any of the current top six in any order, in my opinion.

These weren't just "run of the mill" postponements due to unplayable pitches, though. Without knowing all of the facts about the three cases, if matches are unable to be played because a pitch is deemed unfit, then that is different to a team being unable to fulfill a fixture for whatever reason is given. I don't know if the three teams have any right to appeal or not. 
I would like to think that a having a playable pitch is not the only prerequisite for a match to take place? After all this isn't amateur football. Surely available personnel and adequate facilities are also factored in. If you have been to Vics park you will know that there is only one window (the shop) in our pavilion. Therefore no electricity feed means no lighting, no hot water, toilet access, etc. Subsequently it is deemed unsafe to proceed. Health and safety of participants and spectators paramount.
RE: our game v Neilston, we are not financially secure that we are in a position to postpone a game on a whim. Managing to get home games played is a necessity. As for the so called distraction that day only 2 or 3 of our small group of followers were interested. Any one who has seen us know that the guys are mainly middle aged to pensioners and traditional junior supporters.
Like you say I hope there is a right to appeal as in our situation there appears to have been no precedent.
T

Girvan who have 9 points from 16 games. They're not going to get 20 points from the next 14 games.
Still going to disagree with you Peter. Anything can happen in this league, a couple of good results for one team combined with losses for others changes the whole picture. Eg, Us beating Kilsyth, Craigmark and Whitletts, games they all would have marked down as wins for them beforehand. Kello beating Darvel, Rossvale pumping you guys. There are loads of games left for that to happen in the second half of the season. IMO
T

I would like to think that a having a playable pitch is not the only prerequisite for a match to take place? After all this isn't amateur football. Surely available personnel and adequate facilities are also factored in. If you have been to Vics park you will know that there is only one window (the shop) in our pavilion. Therefore no electricity feed means no lighting, no hot water, toilet access, etc. Subsequently it is deemed unsafe to proceed. Health and safety of participants and spectators paramount.
RE: our game v Neilston, we are not financially secure that we are in a position to postpone a game on a whim. Managing to get home games played is a necessity. As for the so called distraction that day only 2 or 3 of our small group of followers were interested. Any one who has seen us know that the guys are mainly middle aged to pensioners and traditional junior supporters.
Like you say I hope there is a right to appeal as in our situation there appears to have been no precedent.
T

We can appeal and will be just waiting on the justification from the SJFA.

We can appeal and will be just waiting on the justification from the SJFA.

Still going to disagree with you Peter. Anything can happen in this league, a couple of good results for one team combined with losses for others changes the whole picture. Eg, Us beating Kilsyth, Craigmark and Whitletts, games they all would have marked down as wins for them beforehand. Kello beating Darvel, Rossvale pumping you guys. There are loads of games left for that to happen in the second half of the season. IMO
T
Fair enough. I don't see Girvan doing any better in the second half of the season than they have in the first, but time (and Jim O'Donnell) will tell.