West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

I only heard second hand mate. So I don't know if it's true. Like you I'd be astonished.

I've heard since that Peter Leonard was at Saturday's match, so maybe it's a case of someone putting two and two together and getting five. Like I said, IF TRUE, it's a real shock.

Unfortunately for Greg and his back room team it is true. Astonishing doesn’t cover it, no wonder the club are quiet on the subject.
He had Craigmark at a level way beyond their means and are still looking at a good first season up there.
What now for them .

2 minutes ago, retired said:

Unfortunately for Greg and his back room team it is true. Astonishing doesn’t cover it, no wonder the club are quiet on the subject.
He had Craigmark at a level way beyond their means and are still looking at a good first season up there.
What now for them .

The club will be hoping that it doesn't lead to any departures from the club

3 hours ago, retired said:

What now for them .

Given the job that he’d done I’d be surprised if he wasn’t back involved with a club very soon. I expect he’ll have a few offers/enquiries.

Does appear to be an amazing development. However it's not really for outsiders like myself to judge. The club will have their reasons and hopefully all at Craigmark are in agreement as it would be a shame if it scuppered their progress. Good luck to both the club and the departing management team.

Hmmm no I didn't
Anyway to all Kilsyth Rangers supporters, I am sorry for my mistake, your team is actually great.
If you beat the bottom team who haven't won a single point 9-1 you must be great. The team incidentally that held you till half time and whose heads went down with the award of a penalty for an incident that was outside the box. But never mind that, it doesn't detract in any way from your greatness.
Other great teams in the league include Glencairn and Whittletts who are if anything slightly greater having beaten us 9-0 and St Roch's who are only slightly less great at 9-2.
Honourable mentions too to Cumbernauld (8-0 and 7-1) and Arthurlie (7-1), if they'd scored a couple more goals they could have risen to the great levels of Kilsyth.
It's no wonder looking at these that we're bottom with all these great teams in the league.

Hmmmm indeed . You did manage an encouraging score line in your previous match against a Rossvale side going well. Albeit still a defeat on the wrong end of a 1 nil score line. Started brightly and took the lead at Duncansfield. Surely now you had turned the corner !! You must have thought. Only to come a croper and end up on the wrong end of 9 1 score line. 8 home games for Kilsyth 8 wins .Now were we good? or were you terrible ? Doesn't really matter but we managed 8 more than Rossvale did the week before so for me that's pretty decent. Although it did start with a dodgy pen !! So probably no a true reflection on how the game went! Canny expect to play for another 42 mins with decisions like that .

P.s We were shocking first half !![emoji848]

Saturday's fixtures :-

Dalry Thistle (8th) v Cumbernauld United (4th)

Kello Rovers (15th) v Darvel Juniors (11th)

Neilston Juniors (10th) v Girvan (14th)

Whitletts Victoria (7th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)

Your thoughts ?

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Home

Away

Home

Home

And I'm on form right now so get all over it!

20 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Away

Away

Home

Home

7 hours ago, kilsythblue said:

Hmmmm indeed . You did manage an encouraging score line in your previous match against a Rossvale side going well. Albeit still a defeat on the wrong end of a 1 nil score line. Started brightly and took the lead at Duncansfield. Surely now you had turned the corner !! You must have thought. Only to come a croper and end up on the wrong end of 9 1 score line. 8 home games for Kilsyth 8 wins .Now were we good? or were you terrible ? Doesn't really matter but we managed 8 more than Rossvale did the week before so for me that's pretty decent. Although it did start with a dodgy pen !! So probably no a true reflection on how the game went! Canny expect to play for another 42 mins with decisions like that .

P.s We were shocking first half !!emoji848.png

Before Saturday Larky had lost five out of the last seven games by a single goal, and in some of these games deserved to get something out of them, however to go to Kilsyth who's home record is exceptional minus a goalkeeper and two out of the back four missing for starters was always a big ask.  They do not have any depth in the squad so when a number of players are missing  they have players covering these areas and with all due respect jersey fillers making up the team. They competed very well until the penalty followed by a quick third that killed the game and the inevitable collapse happened.

Was it a blip ? or a return to the horrors at the start of the season ? If everyone is fit and available then I'm pretty confident it was a blip, albeit not a pleasant one.

Edited by Benny Factor

Your thoughts ?

Dalry Vs Cumbernauld in truth I can't see anything other than an away win so 1-2

Kello v Darvel has score draw written all over it and Kello will be happy to take a share of the spoils so 2-2

Neilston v Girvan home win in a match between two out of form teams but Neilston on there day should be far too strong 3-0

Whitletts v Irvine ,the Vic's will be hoping to pick up something after defeat at leaders Glencairn last weekend but again it will be a tall order against a free scoring Whitletts so I'm going 4-1.

34 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Dalry Vs Cumbernauld in truth I can't see anything other than an away win so 1-2

Kello v Darvel has score draw written all over it and Kello will be happy to take a share of the spoils so 2-2

Neilston v Girvan home win in a match between two out of form teams but Neilston on there day should be far too strong 3-0

Whitletts v Irvine ,the Vic's will be hoping to pick up something after defeat at leaders Glencairn last weekend but again it will be a tall order against a free scoring Whitletts so I'm going 4-1.

A good chance for Cumbernauld and Whitletts to get a win and another game ahead of the other promotion hopefuls involved in the cup.  At the other end, I don't really see the bottom 3 changing this season. 

27 minutes ago, DanMan said:

A good chance for Cumbernauld and Whitletts to get a win and another game ahead of the other promotion hopefuls involved in the cup.  At the other end, I don't really see the bottom 3 changing this season. 

Cumbernauld actually have a game in hand over Glencairn and Kilsyth, and two games in hand over Arthurlie, so they will only be ahead of Benburb (by one game) and Rossvale (by four games). Whitletts and Dalry, on the other hand, will become the first teams to have reached the 20-game mark.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Cumbernauld actually have a game in hand over Glencairn and Kilsyth, and two games in hand over Arthurlie, so they will only be ahead of Benburb (by one game) and Rossvale (by four games). Whitletts and Dalry, on the other hand, will become the first teams to have reached the 20-game mark.

Both Glens and Rossvale involved in the Scottish 2 weeks later as well. Could leave Rossvale with a lot of games to catch up.  

Both Glens and Rossvale involved in the Scottish 2 weeks later as well. Could leave Rossvale with a lot of games to catch up.  

Cumbernauld are in cup action on 19th January, though, while 14 of the other 15 teams are playing league matches (Kello idle).

As Glensmad has pointed out, we only have 4 home games left, but we're now in January and as of yet we have not played either Larkhall or Girvan, we should have played Larkhall on the August 22nd fixtures that were cancelled. Remaining fixtures

Home - Larkhall, Craigmark, Neilston & Girvan

Away- Girvan, Whitletts, Irvine Vics, Kilsyth, Rossvale, Arthurlie, Cumbernauld, Larkhall & Kello

13 fixtures left and as the old saying goes, take one game at a time and what will be, will be, good luck to all 

26 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

6 cup games on Saturday with no linesmen
Is it a lack of officials or clubs not requiring them ?

9 cup games + 2 premiership + 4 championship = 15, which is the normal amount of games with ARs (8 premiership + 7 championship)