West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, The real Dembele said:

I didn't say you weren't all that good, different thing entirely. If a team scores 9 it's either because they have been outstanding or the other team have been terrible. In this case we were terrible and didn't defend, you didn't have to be all that great to win 9-1.

There's nothing disrespectful about any of that, it's just my opinion of the game.

Imagine what would have happened if we were good...

Hearing craigmark have let go of their manager
Is that true?
How do you know cause it’s been said on any of their sites?
I heard that they had been asked to leave after yesterday's match. If true, can't understand it, given that they are in the last 16 of the Scottish for the first time in ages.

3 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

I didn't say you weren't all that good, different thing entirely. If a team scores 9 it's either because they have been outstanding or the other team have been terrible. In this case we were terrible and didn't defend, you didn't have to be all that great to win 9-1.

There's nothing disrespectful about any of that, it's just my opinion of the game.

How many angels can stand on the head of a pin?

This is that sort of argument.

5 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

I heard that they had been asked to leave after yesterday's match. If true, can't understand it, given that they are in the last 16 of the Scottish for the first time in ages.

Hard one to understand considering there outside of the relegation zone and like you said got an upcoming last 16 tie in the Scottish cup

6 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Surely not!?!

i only said the other week that they were a surprise this year as to how well they were doing as everyone (including myself) had them as automatic relegation candidates & written off by Christmas.

Clearly a league promotion to the Championship, outwith the relegation places, still in the WoS Cup & last 16 of the Scottish Cup with a club that has next to no money quite clearly isn’t good enough in modern day football.

Has there been any statement from the club?

Edited by SoccerSmith
Update

13 minutes ago, SoccerSmith said:

Surely not!?!

i only said the other week that they were a surprise this year as to how well they were doing as everyone (including myself) had them as automatic relegation candidates & written off by Christmas.

Clearly a league promotion to the Championship, outwith the relegation places, still in the WoS Cup & last 16 of the Scottish Cup with a club that has next to no money quite clearly isn’t good enough in modern day football.

Going by social media there's been nothing. I imagine alot of the lads there will be upset about the decision so be interested to see if there's any departures

Surely not!?!
I only heard second hand mate. So I don't know if it's true. Like you I'd be astonished.

I've heard since that Peter Leonard was at Saturday's match, so maybe it's a case of someone putting two and two together and getting five. Like I said, IF TRUE, it's a real shock.

26 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

I only heard second hand mate. So I don't know if it's true. Like you I'd be astonished.

I've heard since that Peter Leonard was at Saturday's match, so maybe it's a case of someone putting two and two together and getting five. Like I said, IF TRUE, it's a real shock.

Maybe Peter Leonard was just on his holidays in Dalmellington.

Edited by jimbaxters

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Maybe Peter Leonard was just on his holidays in Dalmellington.

Interesting that, I did hear a young boy saying before the game that Peter Leonard was attending the game, if true sure the decision had nothing to do with the Craigmark performance on Saturday I thought they had had a decent youthful team and will give teams plenty of problems certainly at Dalmellington.

Its amazing what "long ball" can do for teams, fail fail Rochs - see you back at Tinto in a few years if you ever get promoted to the top flight [emoji6] 

Mmm sounds like someone supports the big team in govan with a comment like " fail fail "

Yes you beat 9 men with a last minute goal against a centre forward in goals l

Congratulations

Nope just enjoy seeing clubs that suck the teat of the bigot brothers get it.
Utter bullshit
Your the one making the reference

What's the problem with you people does your secterianism run so deep you cant just say

" Great result , could be a vital win come the end of the season and thanks to St Rochs for bringing a big support and much needed revenue into the club etc etc " .

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Its amazing what "long ball" can do for teams, fail fail Rochs - see you back at Tinto in a few years if you ever get promoted to the top flight ;) 

The sort of statement that could come back to bite you.

20 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Hmmm, yes you did, and to say we beat you 9-1 was down to you being that bad is just ridiculous, we opened your defence up time after time and it could have been more

Hmmm no I didn't

Anyway to all Kilsyth Rangers supporters, I am sorry for my mistake, your team is actually great.

If you beat the bottom team who haven't won a single point 9-1 you must be great. The team incidentally that held you till half time and whose heads went down with the award of a penalty for an incident that was outside the box. But never mind that, it doesn't detract in any way from your greatness.

Other great teams in the league include Glencairn and Whittletts who are if anything slightly greater having beaten us 9-0 and St Roch's who are only slightly less great at 9-2.

Honourable mentions too to Cumbernauld (8-0 and 7-1) and Arthurlie (7-1), if they'd scored a couple more goals they could have risen to the great levels of Kilsyth.

It's no wonder looking at these that we're bottom with all these great teams in the league.

Now your getting all arsey now , so now we're all saying we're a great team ? We've been leathered 8-1 by glencairn this season so we've had a hiding already or have u forgotten that one mr.stats ? U'l find i was fullsome in my praise off your 1st half performance on saturday on your own thread .
Your the one who said we weren't great/good , same thing , so wind your neck back in