West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 minute ago, Krfc 10 said:

Don't know what you were watching mate, but Kilsyth missed a load of chances and were denied a stonewall penalty when Scott Upton was brought down, believe me away form has been very confusing when we play the way we do at home

Agree it was a penalty although the ref sorted that for you early doors in the 2nd half with the foul a yard out the box. Yes you missed a few chances but what about the one on one Larkall missed two minutes before H/T.

All about opinions but the 1st half was deffo not one sided !

3 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Agree it was a penalty although the ref sorted that for you early doors in the 2nd half with the foul a yard out the box. Yes you missed a few chances but what about the one on one Larkall missed two minutes before H/T.

As you said all about opinions, and I was right in line with the foul on McKay for the penalty and i can assure you it was not a yard outside the box, it was a pen

21 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

He only sees games one way mate 

3 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Don't know what you were watching mate, but Kilsyth missed a load of chances and were denied a stonewall penalty when Scott Upton was brought down, believe me away form has been very confusing when we play the way we do at home

Kilsyth had the better chances and missed a couple of sitters in the first half but as Benny Factor says we could have easily been 2-1 up at half time when our striker was one on one with the goalie, good save though.

Never seen anything like the second half though, very disappointing when it looked like we had turned a corner. No disrespect but I didn't think Kilsyth were even all that great it was more that we were so bad.

5 hours ago, Satori. said:

To be fair i thought Neilston started well without troubling Arthurlie. When Arthurlie scored their first they went on to show the gulf between the 2 teams.  James Marks was excellent today . Got a bit heated at times but thats what you expect at a local derby.  In all honesty it the easiest game the LIe have had against Neilston for as long as i can remember.

Agree with that. Jiro never had a save to make. Marks played well but the stand out was your no6. Old head,who sat in front of your back four and lapped up everything that came near him. 

9 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

Agree with that. Jiro never had a save to make. Marks played well but the stand out was your no6. Old head,who sat in front of your back four and lapped up everything that came near him. 

Think Molloy was no. 6 mate. Very good at breaking up attacks.  Always up for a battle.

I felt Neilston were very subdued yesterday . They are normally in your face but they struggled to get to grips with it yesterday. They played some nice neat football the first part of the game but with nothing to worry the  Arthurlie rearguard.  

Best of luck to the Farmers Boys for the rest of the season.  

19 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Neilston 0-3 Arthurlie

10mins of calamity defending etc in 1st half killed the game 

wee started game prob the stronger without troubling lie goalkeeper 

then went tits up in a 10 minute spell and we were punished by a organised side 

after that just Never got going with Arthurlie defence and keeper having cigars out  

they could hv possibly added another in 2nd half too 

Pretty good summary.   Once Arthurlie went ahead IMO they controlled the game thereafter.  

One negative I would say for Neilston was that after they lost the first goal there was a fair bit of arguing among the players and their body language was not good. 

I also thought the referee was excellent yesterday. 

I managed to get a good chat with old Nairn at the end of the game too, so a good day all round for me.  

Good luck to you for the reminder of the season.

Edited by paul wright scores

Kilsyth had the better chances and missed a couple of sitters in the first half but as Benny Factor says we could have easily been 2-1 up at half time when our striker was one on one with the goalie, good save though.
Never seen anything like the second half though, very disappointing when it looked like we had turned a corner. No disrespect but I didn't think Kilsyth were even all that great it was more that we were so bad.
No disrespect ? We weren't that good and we were so bad ? Uve done a good job off disrespecting both team's in the one sentance , well done !

20 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:
15 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

No disrespect ? We weren't that good and we were so bad ? Uve done a good job off disrespecting both team's in the one sentance , well done !

I didn't say you weren't all that good, different thing entirely. If a team scores 9 it's either because they have been outstanding or the other team have been terrible. In this case we were terrible and didn't defend, you didn't have to be all that great to win 9-1.

There's nothing disrespectful about any of that, it's just my opinion of the game.

1 hour ago, The real Dembele said:
1 hour ago, kilsyth ranger said:

I didn't say you weren't all that good

17 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

No disrespect but I didn't think Kilsyth were even all that great

Hmmm, yes you did, and to say we beat you 9-1 was down to you being that bad is just ridiculous, we opened your defence up time after time and it could have been more