West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

7 hours ago, glensmad said:
7 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:
A derby? Maybe I've missed something but how's St Roch's and Rossvale a derby?

Just about the same distance as Rutherglen to Cambuslang, to be fair.

Difference with that is there is no teams in between, there are teams closer to St Roch's than Rossvale, I just thought they would have had a derby game with other teams before Rossvale even became junior

Difference with that is there is no teams in between, there are teams closer to St Roch's than Rossvale, I just thought they would have had a derby game with other teams before Rossvale even became junior
The difference in distance is miniscule between the other 3 clubs I mentioned and like I also said the traditional Derby match is Petershill but nonetheless Rossvale v St Rochs is still a Glasgow north derby also remember when Rossvale appeared on the scene they played at Petershill

On 26/12/2018 at 09:22, glensmad said:

Saturday's fixtures :-

Arthurlie (3rd) v Girvan (14th)
Cumbernauld United (5th) v Kilsyth Rangers (4th)
Dalry Thistle (8th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Darvel Juniors (11th) v Larkhall Thistle (16th)
Irvine Victoria (12th) v Neilston Juniors (10th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Benburb (2nd)
Rutherglen Glencairn (1st) v Whitletts Victoria (7th)
St Roch's (9th) v Rossvale (6th)

Your thoughts ?

Home

Draw

Home

Home

Away

Away

Home

Away

On 26/12/2018 at 09:22, glensmad said:

Saturday's fixtures :-

Arthurlie (3rd) v Girvan (14th)
Cumbernauld United (5th) v Kilsyth Rangers (4th)
Dalry Thistle (8th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Darvel Juniors (11th) v Larkhall Thistle (16th)
Irvine Victoria (12th) v Neilston Juniors (10th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Benburb (2nd)
Rutherglen Glencairn (1st) v Whitletts Victoria (7th)
St Roch's (9th) v Rossvale (6th)

Your thoughts ?

Arthurlie 3 Girvan 0

Cumbernauld 1 Kilsyth 2

Dalry 2 Craigmark 2

Darvel 3 Larkhall 2

Irvine Vics 1 Neilston 1

Kello 1 Benburb 2

Glencairn 1  Whitletts 1

St Roch's 1 Rossvale 3

Was at the arthurlie girvan game today and 7-1flattered girvan it could hv easily and should  hv been double figures 

girvan were rotten from the the 1st minute  looked ike they never knew each other 

later found out off some girvan men that. They struggled to even get 11 on the park  with. One of there players refusing to play as he was in pub deary me 

The lie are plodding along with there business quite well and look forward to our derby nxt week 

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Was at the arthurlie girvan game today and 7-1flattered girvan it could hv easily and should  hv been double figures 

girvan were rotten from the the 1st minute  looked ike they never knew each other 

later found out off some girvan men that. They struggled to even get 11 on the park  with. One of there players refusing to play as he was in pub deary me 

The lie are plodding along with there business quite well and look forward to our derby nxt week 

Good news for us, as we have them next week .. weather and no Old Firm permitting 

Whitlets bubble has well and truly burst.
I guess you weren't at their game yesterday, as you couldn't spend the afternoon staring at Grierson as he wasn't there. Whitletts played very well, and could have taken a draw from the game. That's twice this season they've given us a really tough game and it's taken us until injury time to secure the points.

I guess you weren't at their game yesterday, as you couldn't spend the afternoon staring at Grierson as he wasn't there. Whitletts played very well, and could have taken a draw from the game. That's twice this season they've given us a really tough game and it's taken us until injury time to secure the points.

Tough game for the Glens yesterday who to there credit kept going at it to secure the win.Whitletts played well and to there obvious strength.They will be no push over in the second half of the season

Looked a good game between Glens and Whitletts when you watch the highlights . Both teams looking like they played well . Glens a stick on for promotion and Whitletts will be top 6 easy .

It was a good game, the result was in doubt right up to Gormley's 93rd minute settler. To be fair, though, after Glencairn went 2-1 up I don't think Whitletts really threatened us, but there was always a chance they might grab a goal with their direct style of play, from a set piece like the goal they did score. I thought Simeon was brilliant again yesterday.

I wouldn't say any team are certainties for promotion yet, it's still only December. There is a lot of football to be played, and anything could happen.

15 minutes ago, CopaMundials said:

Looked a good game between Glens and Whitletts when you watch the highlights .

Both teams looking like they played well . Glens a stick on for promotion and Whitletts will be top 6 easy .

No they won’t , they have done great and punches above their weight but we will finish above them by a good number of points come may 

3 hours ago, CopaMundials said:

Looked a good game between Glens and Whitletts when you watch the highlights .

Both teams looking like they played well . Glens a stick on for promotion and Whitletts will be top 6 easy .

Not so sure they will, simply based on where they are at the moment. For me the top 6 as it stands will be the top 6 come May