West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

1 hour ago, tombo said:

I agree and feel that the game at Dunterlie is similar. Can Benburb show their bouncebackability after last week's heavy defeat. The other intriguing game for me is at Larkhall as I feel this could be their day to notch a long awaited victory.emoji6.png

Yup,even a jimbo baxter selection won't be enough to stop Larky recording their first win of the season...a win which will hopefully see I.M. Jolly  larkyforever bungee from the viaduct* while wearing his Santa suit!  

*All proceeds to the club:)

Edited by tommyboy

Arthurlie played Kilsyth after their heavy defeat by Glencairn a few months ago, and they battered us for a good hour and got the win. I’m expecting much the same from the Bens on Saturday, will be a really tough game.

2 hours ago, iaind said:

Arthurlie played Kilsyth after their heavy defeat by Glencairn a few months ago, and they battered us for a good hour and got the win. I’m expecting much the same from the Bens on Saturday, will be a really tough game.

My  memory of this game is that Kilsyth played us off the park for the first 30 minutes until we got a foothold in the game.   2nd half we were the dominant team.   2-1 down and pressing for the equaliser Kilsyth scored against the run of play. We score to make it 3-2 and from then on Kilsyth defended with their lives . I feel we deserved a draw that day and many Kilsyth fans thought so too.  To be fair i think Kilsyth had a bit of an injury nightmare going on at the time.  

My  memory of this game is that Kilsyth played us off the park for the first 30 minutes until we got a foothold in the game.   2nd half we were the dominant team.   2-1 down and pressing for the equaliser Kilsyth scored against the run of play. We score to make it 3-2 and from then on Kilsyth defended with their lives . I feel we deserved a draw that day and many Kilsyth fans thought so too.  To be fair i think Kilsyth had a bit of an injury nightmare going on at the time.  

All fair points , just glad we managed to get three points after the leathering we took the week before .

Aye they were definitely hanging on at the end, but we let them get too far ahead in the first half. If The Bens react the same, we need to match them.

Saturday's fixtures :-
Arthurlie (4th) v Benburb (1st)
Cumbernauld United (3rd) v Whitletts Victoria (5th)
Dalry Thistle (10th) v Neilston Juniors (9th)
Darvel Juniors (11th) v St Roch's (8th)
Kello Rovers (15th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)
Kilsyth Rangers (6th) v Rossvale (7th)
Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Girvan (14th)
Rutherglen Glencairn (2nd) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)
Six of the top half teams playing each other, and six of the bottom half playing each other as well.
Your thoughts ?
A
D
A
D
A
H
H
H

On 11/12/2018 at 16:16, glensmad said:

Six of the top half teams playing each other, and six of the bottom half playing each other as well.

Your thoughts ?

My thoughts:

Meaningless fixture

Meaningless fixture

Meaningless fixture

Meaningless fixture

Meaningless fixture

Meaningless fixture

Home win

Meaningless fixture

On 11/12/2018 at 16:16, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Arthurlie 2-0 Benburb 

Cumbernauld 1-1 whitletts victoria  

Dalry 1-2 Neilston 

Darvel 0 - 1 St Rochs 

Kello 0-1 Irvine Victoria 

Kilsyth 1-1 Rossvale 

Larkhall 0- 3 Girvan 

Rutherglen 5 - 0 Craigmark Burntonians

I was at Arthurlie v Benburb this afternoon, and the abandonment at half time certainly caught the crowd by surprise.

Up till then it had been a really good competitive match with Arthurlie ahead through Marks' early strike.

There didn't appear to be any hint of a problem with the ball holding up on the pitch at any point, but the referee and linesmen came out just after the teams went in for half time. He rolled the ball for a couple of metres at one of the corner flags and then blew the full time whistle.

To be fair, the light was getting really poor, and perhaps we didn't realise how heavy the rain was as we were all under the cover. But it took most of the crowd by surprise.

£6 down the drain, ah well.