West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

On 06/12/2018 at 09:42, Rochstar1920 said:
On 06/12/2018 at 09:36, Satori. said:
I've spent all night looking at changing my identity. I was looking at leaving the country but i'm not too sure how Brexit is going to affect that.  Its a real quandary.
  If i come across GOTW i will buy him a pint and sit and discuss football and anything else he wants to.  You may call it shitebaggery others will call it reasonable adult behaviour .   
I don't feel i need to apologise for my opinions as i'm sure GOTW won't about his . What i will apologise to the man for is my misuse of his profile name as it gives idiots  something to use. If i had thought about it long enough i would not have done it.  
Anyway i'm really looking forward to visiting JMP.  I've  family who originated from Garngad and a few if them are travelling through for this game with me.  Obviously im hoping for an Arthurlie win but a point would be a good result for us.  

Regardless of what is said on here a warm welcome awaits all visitors to JMP. Not to warm you feel yous can get 3pts lol

All visitors?  :whistle

Interesting day yesterday

Probably whitletts and kilsyth kicking themselves at points lost

While despite Benburb losing they don't need to play Glencairn again .

Cumbernauld never really lost any ground despite not playing but for me sitting nicely in pack with a few games in hand and ready to make there move is Rossvale who I think will go up as either champions or very close runners up which leaves an all mighty battle between

Benburb, Cumbernauld, kilsyth and maybe whitletts for the final spot

One think is for sure the division is starting to really heat up nicely now

Great start to the league so far i think any of the top 7 have a chance to go up looking good for the rest of the season to see how it plays out. I dont think iv seen any stand out teams against us cumbernauld have probably been the best footballing team iv seen but i cant wait to see the rest of the season. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]

45 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Interesting day yesterday

Probably whitletts and kilsyth kicking themselves at points lost

While despite Benburb losing they don't need to play Glencairn again .

Cumbernauld never really lost any ground despite not playing but for me sitting nicely in pack with a few games in hand and ready to make there move is Rossvale who I think will go up as either champions or very close runners up which leaves an all mighty battle between

Benburb, Cumbernauld, kilsyth and maybe whitletts for the final spot

One think is for sure the division is starting to really heat up nicely now

A very good point about the Bens not having to face Glencairn again.  Played them twice, beaten twice but level with them at the top.  I was not overly impressed with what i saw  from Rossvale  but i've heard enough from others to realise they possibly had an off day.  Like 1874 MTL i was very impressed with Cumbernauld.   What i will say is that the clubs " bubbling under ,"  Arthurlie, St. Rochs, Darvel and possibly even a resurgent Neilston a can have a very big say in who goes up.  

Whatever happens its been a great start to the season and i hope it continues.  Very competitive  and only one or two quality players separating the chasing pack from the leaders.

A very good point about the Bens not having to face Glencairn again.  Played them twice, beaten twice but level with them at the top.  I was not overly impressed with what i saw  from Rossvale  but i've heard enough from others to realise they possibly had an off day.  Like 1874 MTL i was very impressed with Cumbernauld.   What i will say is that the clubs " bubbling under ,"  Arthurlie, St. Rochs, Darvel and possibly even a resurgent Neilston a can have a very big say in who goes up.  
Whatever happens its been a great start to the season and i hope it continues.  Very competitive  and only one or two quality players separating the chasing pack from the leaders.
I would not rule out Arthurlie or St Rochs making a play for the 3rd promotion off spot but we would need to really put on a good run in the second half of the season and Darvel and Neilston especially at home will take points off the front runners.
I don't think the junior cup will have an impact as I would be very surprised if Glencairn / Rossvale and St Rochs make it into the next round .
Agreed it's very competitive and arguably more so than the premiership where if Auchenleck don't win all there games in hand it's looking like it's Hurlford's title already .

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Probably whitletts and kilsyth kicking themselves

Our away form is terrible, we will beat anyone at home, except Darvel obviously, cause they are the best team in the league by a mile, but just can't seem to play away this season, we beat Neilston comfortably at home, but If the team want to get promotion, they need to sort out away form asap

Our away form is terrible, we will beat anyone at home, except Darvel obviously, cause they are the best team in the league by a mile, but just can't seem to play away this season, we beat Neilston comfortably at home, but If the team want to get promotion, they need to sort out away form asap

One of life's unanswered questions why teams at all levels can play so well at home yet struggle to win on there travels .

As for me a pitch is just a pitch so it must be psychological

Dnt think wee will be involved in top end but as posted b4 we will take points off others and think will finish around 6th7th 
last 2 moths has killed us due to the amount of playing missing etc 
if we get mibbie get 2-3 of players back fit we are decent wee outfit and are hard team to breakdown 
I actualy didn't think we Kilsyth that is played that badly yesterday , but Neilston dug in hard, i think a point each would have been fairer but as ive said Neilston's keeper had a least 3 or 4 terrific saves , and as ive said in a previous post u need 2 score more than the opposition [emoji849]

17 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

I actualy didn't think we Kilsyth that is played that badly yesterday , but Neilston dug in hard, i think a point each would have been fairer but as ive said Neilston's keeper had a least 3 or 4 terrific saves , and as ive said in a previous post u need 2 score more than the opposition emoji849.png

Thought draw would hv been fair result for both clubs in all honestly ... think we needed that win badly so over the moon 

1 hour ago, Krfc 10 said:

to be fair our results have been terrible but our general play has been decent. same story last two away games, created loads of chances but failed to get the ball over the line. their keepers making great saves ours none and basically getting caught on the break.  also we seem to go to away games with players missing yet have full squads at home?? yesterday our right back who otherwise played well but cost us the game. out jumped by a small full back for the Neilston winner and possibly playing their striker onside for the first although it did look offside. looks like our away results will cost us any chance of going up

11 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:
12 hours ago, The real Dembele said:
All visitors?  :whistle

Yes all visitors are warmly welcomed.

I'm sure the genuine decent supporters and committee members of St Roch's do extend a warm welcome to all visitors - even Larkhall Thistle - but that does not apply to a considerable section of your support in my experience. You're doing your best to keep the peace with segregation and a couple of local police stationed to protect the visitors but that doesn't count as a warm welcome in my view.

I'm sure the genuine decent supporters and committee members of St Roch's do extend a warm welcome to all visitors - even Larkhall Thistle - but that does not apply to a considerable section of your support in my experience. You're doing your best to keep the peace with segregation and a couple of local police stationed to protect the visitors but that doesn't count as a warm welcome in my view.

There is no offical segregation at JMP. We provided a small shed in the traditional away end so away fans who choose the syand there could shelter.
Local police show up as and when they want not to protect visiting fans as there is nothing to protect against.

Thought draw would hv been fair result for both clubs in all honestly ... think we needed that win badly so over the moon 

Your keeper had a great game combineharvester , good welcome yesterday , bought 1st goalscorer ticket, few cans in hospitality and cracking hot dog from shop , miserable day too for punters , were u one of guys at the gate ?

12 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Your keeper had a great game combineharvester , good welcome yesterday , bought 1st goalscorer ticket, few cans in hospitality and cracking hot dog from shop , miserable day too for punters , were u one of guys at the gate ?

No wasn’t at gate yday was up at pavilion had New York knocks wolly y hat on ... was day for the ducks but was actually decent turn out in the shed 

Edited by combineharvester

27 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

The same applied at Larhall two seasons ago which was marred by raciest  and sectarian singing to an extent that I have rarely heard at a junior match. 

It wasn't somebody from Larkhall who was on claiming that their ground and fans were as pure as the driven snow with a warm welcome to everybody. That welcome doesn't apply to Larkhall Thistle so I put him straight. The point has nothing to do with what happened at Larkhall so your tit for tat pettiness is irrelevant.

It wasn't somebody from Larkhall who was on claiming that their ground and fans were as pure as the driven snow with a warm welcome to everybody. That welcome doesn't apply to Larkhall Thistle so I put him straight. The point has nothing to do with what happened at Larkhall so your tit for tat pettiness is irrelevant.
The welcome is extended to one and ALL. Just because it doesnt fit your narrative it becomes false. Plus larkhall bring a grand total of zero fans just committee members.