West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Vics 2 - Craigmark 0
A game of two halves with both goalkeepers stand outside for their team. Overall home keeper get MOM from me for his penalty save late on.
Craigmark should have been out of sight first half and Vics could have easily won by 5 in the second half. It's definitely a funny old game however happy with the 3 points and a clean sheet.
Mon the Toria
Also credit to both teams for playing some decent football on a pitch that was starting get pretty heavy by the end of the game.
As you said definitely a game of 2 halves and some outstanding saves from Vics GK.
A very valuable 3 points for the Vics.
If Craigmark start taking their chances I can see them taking points off a few teams though.

Couldn’t really tell from camera angle for the 1st ... 2nd one very soft but in this day and age the goalies far too much protection
still think the pen looks soft 
I was right beside the penalty. It's a stick-on cert penalty.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:
3 minutes ago, combineharvester said:
Couldn’t really tell from camera angle for the 1st ... 2nd one very soft but in this day and age the goalies far too much protection
still think the pen looks soft 

I was right beside the penalty. It's a stick-on cert penalty.

All about opinions looks like he plays ball for me 

no qualms about result tho was jist glad we got positive result after recent weeks 

All about opinions looks like he plays ball for me 
no qualms about result tho was jist glad we got positive result after recent weeks 
The defender got nothing of the ball I'm afraid, and if you watch his reaction on the video then you'll see he knows it's a penalty.

It's a stick on penalty because you were right beside it?? Lol
Lol. [emoji16] I saw it very clearly as it was right in front of me, and the defender's reaction (which can be seen on the video) shows that he knew it was a penalty as well.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

Still welcoming the chase, big game this weekend.

Hope Rutherglen have their necks fully massaged in preperation for watching all that long ball stuff from the leagues top scorers :lol:

Nobody from Rutherglen has made any such accusation.

We were all very impressed with Benburb when we played you on the first day of the league season.

Your results record since then speaks for itself.

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

Still welcoming the chase, big game this weekend.

Hope Rutherglen have their necks fully massaged in preperation for watching all that long ball stuff from the leagues top scorers :lol:

Thats a wee bit unfair.  Almost to a man, posters have been praising Benburb.  Only one person has accused the Bens of being a long ball team that i know of.

21 minutes ago, Thereporter said:

Is whitlets players really injured or do they just not want to play for the manager anymore?

Why don't you just start your own thread about Grierson so you can post about him to your heart's content and the rest of us can just ignore it ?

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

That is who I was referring to, not the Glens.

I'm sure it'll be a good game between two good sides.

Both sets of fans should bear in mind that this game on Saturday is only the mid point of the league season for both teams, so no matter the result it won't be a decisive blow either way.

56 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm sure it'll be a good game between two good sides.

Both sets of fans should bear in mind that this game on Saturday is only the mid point of the league season for both teams, so no matter the result it won't be a decisive blow either way.

mon the draw................................