West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Rossvale are getting more than a little behind with their league fixtures, through no fault of anybody to be fair. They have only played 11 games and are on cup duty again next weekend, while Arthurlie and Dalry have played 16 already before the end of November.

I expect Rossvale to be in the promotion mix, but points on the board is always better than games in hand, and they'll have a bit of catch-up to play if they stay in the Scottish Junior Cup and the West of Scotland Cup.

They will go up a far better side than the top two imo
Great footballing side and two of the best wingers in the league

If Rossvale were to win all of their current games in hand over the top two, they would still be 4 points behind 2nd place and 6 points behind 1st place. So in that respect they have some work to do. There's half a season still to go, though, a lot can and will change.

If Rossvale were to win all of their current games in hand over the top two, they would still be 4 points behind 2nd place and 6 points behind 1st place. So in that respect they have some work to do. There's half a season still to go, though, a lot can and will change. 
Definitely but I'm sure anyone who has seen them will agree they are a very good side .
I don't think a run of fixtures in spring will bother them they had to do it last season and won the title .
I would not rule them out having a right good run in the Scottish as there is really nobody to fear and include the likes of Talbot and Hurlford in that as on there day Rossvale will match any of the top sides .

8 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Funny how opinions vary.  I can only speak from what I have seen in our one off games and  Benburb, Glencairn and Cumbernauld  looked better against us than Rossvale.  I accept you may have seen all theses teams more than i have this season but from what I have seen these 3 are the best in the league.  

I totally agree that Rossvale are a very good side but don t see them winning league or Scottish cup, promotion yes but if a team can not put Lanark out ( no disrespect intended ) then I would have to assume the likes of Auckinleck and Hurlford would be a bridge to far, but on saying that anything can happen in a one off cup tie  

13 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Funny how opinions vary.  I can only speak from what I have seen in our one off games and  Benburb, Glencairn and Cumbernauld  looked better against us than Rossvale.  I accept you may have seen all theses teams more than i have this season but from what I have seen these 3 are the best in the league.  

I agree with u , the 3 u mentioned are the best teams  we have played and rossvale were woeful at Darvel , in fact we could have scored 5 or 6 easily against them 

It is all opinions fella no rights or wrongs

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I agree with u , the 3 u mentioned are the best teams  we have played and rossvale were woeful at Darvel , in fact we could have scored 5 or 6 easily against them 
DL you will see the real Rossvale at Huntershill they are a right good side and from what I have seen so far I thought only Cumbernauld were on a par with them .
I thought Glencairn and Benburb were rotten against us and we should have beaten them but would be foolish to write them both off

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

The wonderful thing about this game we all love is the amount of opinions it raises,I disagree with your analysis of the recent game between St Rochs and Glencairn I felt if the Glens had taken their chances they would have won the game quite comfortable. In my oppinion the best teams that Glencairn have played are Benburb and Rossvale and i feel this could be the three promoted teams and hopefully with Glencairn as Champions 

The wonderful thing about this game we all love is the amount of opinions it raises,I disagree with your analysis of the recent game between St Rochs and Glencairn I felt if the Glens had taken their chances they would have won the game quite comfortable. In my oppinion the best teams that Glencairn have played are Benburb and Rossvale and i feel this could be the three promoted teams and hopefully with Glencairn as Champions 
Absolutely and we all watch the game with a different outlook on it .
I watch a game as a fan from my teams view but obviously others watch it from there clubs angle and some just watch it as a neutral
Re our meeting I thought we should have seen it out with 15 to go and a goal up but your also correct in the end Glencairn probably felt it was 2 points dropped against 9 men

20 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Absolutely and we all watch the game with a different outlook on it .
I watch a game as a fan from my teams view but obviously others watch it from there clubs angle and some just watch it as a neutral
Re our meeting I thought we should have seen it out with 15 to go and a goal up but your also correct in the end Glencairn probably felt it was 2 points dropped against 9 men

To be fair, it was only 9 men for injury time as Ferns was sent off in the 89th minute, and it was only 10 men for the last 11 minutes as well. It's not as if we were playing for a long time with an extra man or extra men. I wasn't too unhappy with a draw with the way the game panned out.

Edited by glensmad

What do we think will be the points target required to finish in the top three ?

It's hard to gauge for me, as this is the first season with 30 games. I look back over the league tables for the past 7 seasons when we've been in this league, and the points required to secure 3rd place over 26 games varies from as little as 42 to as many as 51. The average over the 7 seasons is 47 points.

Would it be safe to say that 55 points would be enough to secure promotion ?

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

What do we think will be the points target required to finish in the top three ?

It's hard to gauge for me, as this is the first season with 30 games. I look back over the league tables for the past 7 seasons when we've been in this league, and the points required to secure 3rd place over 26 games varies from as little as 42 to as many as 51. The average over the 7 seasons is 47 points.

Would it be safe to say that 55 points would be enough to secure promotion ?

I think it might take more, maybe 59/60. Can't see any of the contenders dropping points to any of the bottom 5, effectively giving everyone 30 points

39 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I think it might take more, maybe 59/60. Can't see any of the contenders dropping points to any of the bottom 5, effectively giving everyone 30 points

Bear in mind, though, that the top of the table teams will all still have to play each other as well.

We've been really good and damn awful this season , we've been terrible away from home but feel we could beat anyone at home , we've been short off players a good few times , glencairn, darvel etc; but be same for most teams i know
If we get our full first 11 on park
We are a good side and as much as i don't personaly think we'l go up i think we'l have a bearing on who does [emoji848]

We've been really good and damn awful this season , we've been terrible away from home but feel we could beat anyone at home , we've been short off players a good few times , glencairn, darvel etc; but be same for most teams i know
If we get our full first 11 on park
We are a good side and as much as i don't personaly think we'l go up i think we'l have a bearing on who does [emoji848]
Given your home form nobody will fancy having to face you guys at your ground in the run in

2 hours ago, Junior Guy said:

Then we have the annual glencairn poor patch to bring into it aswell

You may find by looking back at previous seasons that it is after the Xmass and new year that Glencairn pick up most of their points. I would like to think Glencairn have had their bad patch ( Rossvale and St Rochs ) lol