West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

The Bens are top of the league, pip pip.

Excellent performance yesterday, a solid defence that broke quickly and easily picked off a lumbering Cumbernauld defence. I see the United twitter saying that the pelanty was on the dubious side, not sure why when it was as clear a foul as you'll see all season - badly timed effort from the centre half that took the feet away of the attacker.

We welcome the chase ;)

The video is rendering just now, but it will be tomorrow morning before I manage to upload it.
My thoughts, having watched it again are it wasn't a penalty, unless it was given for the clash with the goalkeeper after advantage was played, which I doubt. To be fair the referee saw it better than me. The two red cards were a given. McDonald should have been off for his first yellow. The 2nd red card was a lash out. I agree our player milked it, but nevertheless it was cynical. I thought St Roch's were worthy of their 2-1 lead as after they equalised they were dominant for a while, spurred on by great support. Would love that passion at Rutherglen. On the whole I think a draw was fair.
I have not seen the match video yet and I missed the penalty as the switch in the club kitchen tripped as I was getting a cuppa so went to find our groundsman to sort it lol
At the game I thought both reds were harsh but I admit I do watch the game with green tinted glasses so will need to watch the highlights later.
On reflection it was good hard fought match and both teams dominated for spells so I agree a draw was probably a fair result in the end .
I'm still not happy with this screaming business by players and thought Glencairn were really bad for it yesterday your number six would have woken the dead with the scream he let out yesterday after one tackle yet was up leading an attack seconds later .
It has to be cut out and refs need to treat this the same as diving in my opinion and book the culprits.

31 minutes ago, Jason King said:

The Bens are top of the league, pip pip.

Excellent performance yesterday, a solid defence that broke quickly and easily picked off a lumbering Cumbernauld defence. I see the United twitter saying that the pelanty was on the dubious side, not sure why when it was as clear a foul as you'll see all season - badly timed effort from the centre half that took the feet away of the attacker.

We welcome the chase ;)

A couple of weeks ago i said i thought Cumbernauld would win the league and then you lot go and pump them !!  Great stuff from the Bens.   A few people are waiting for them to implode but they just keep rolling along.  Paul Lovering is a lunatic on the sidelines but he has had his team up for every challenge so far this season.   New Tinto park is a fortress but they are also doing the business away from home.   I don't want to jinx them but i think they are a certainty to go up.

Personally I hope benburb implode I despise there long baw up and at em Football and if the candy don't win the title I will be rooting for Cumbernauld or Rossvale to win the title as imo they are the best footballing teams in the division .
Before the crying starts or the abuse I prefer football to be played on the grass not the sky and that's my opinion tho I accept Football matches can and will be won playing different styles .

Exactly mate.

Ffs u r just as bad as the rest on here. Fucking concentrate on ur own team if u have one. Every team out there has used the pitch is bad at one point. The guy said they was poor end of yeah it’s same for both teams on a bad pitch diff is some teams can adapt because they play on them week in week out

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

A couple of weeks ago i said i thought Cumbernauld would win the league and then you lot go and pump them !!  Great stuff from the Bens.   A few people are waiting for them to implode but they just keep rolling along.  Paul Lovering is a lunatic on the sidelines but he has had his team up for every challenge so far this season.   New Tinto park is a fortress but they are also doing the business away from home.   I don't want to jinx them but i think they are a certainty to go up.

On the one occasion I witnessed Benburb this year I was mightily impressed. Thought they looked very well organised and posed a lot of threat down the flanks. I didn’t see much of a long ball game except as an option to mix things up. I was really impressed with their fitness and commitment the day they beat Darvel 3-2

On the one occasion I witnessed Benburb this year I was mightily impressed. Thought they looked very well organised and posed a lot of threat down the flanks. I didn’t see much of a long ball game except as an option to mix things up. I was really impressed with their fitness and commitment the day they beat Darvel 3-2
I have saw them Vs us for the last 3 seasons and nothing has changed.
my view has always been they would get Football banned as it's a horrible throwback to the era of the Wimbledon crazy gang bit I'm sure if they win the league or promotion they will be shouting that I talk shite or don't have a clue and they will be entitled to do so just the same as I'm entitled to despise long baw merchant football and the teams who play it.
It's all about opinions

It's interesting that lots of teams enjoying success get accused of being unattractive, long baw merchants. Talbot (unfairly IMHO) are often accused, usually by fans of clubs who've won less in their history than AT in a decade. Of course, it's nice to watch a passing game and lots of combination football, but the bottom line is that any junior side who can't adapt to the various surfaces that teams encounter during a season will win hee haw apart from plaudits.

I have only seen Benburb once so far this season on the first day of the league season when they had their only defeat so far. We came away from that game saying that it was a really good 3 points as Benburb were impressive that day, although we beat them. I don't recall them playing long ball either. Their results speak for themselves and they are top on merit.

10 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

It's interesting that lots of teams enjoying success get accused of being unattractive, long baw merchants. Talbot (unfairly IMHO) are often accused, usually by fans of clubs who've won less in their history than AT in a decade. Of course, it's nice to watch a passing game and lots of combination football, but the bottom line is that any junior side who can't adapt to the various surfaces that teams encounter during a season will win hee haw apart from plaudits.

Agree wholheartly ,it's all about winning,ugly if need be.

11 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Many commentators on here see long ball  as the work of the anti christ when in fact it’s an option that every team uses when required.

At the game I thought both reds were harsh but I admit I do watch the game with green tinted glasses so will need to watch the highlights later.

I think the video shows that the two reds were, as I described them last night, "indisputable".

I think the video shows that the two reds were, as I described them last night, "indisputable".

If Eddie ferns is a straight red then it would be 7 asides most weeks
Yes it was a foul yes it was a booking but indisputable red then no offense but your talking nonsense tho your entitled to do that 🤣

Ffs u r just as bad as the rest on here. Fucking concentrate on ur own team if u have one. Every team out there has used the pitch is bad at one point. The guy said they was poor end of yeah it’s same for both teams on a bad pitch diff is some teams can adapt because they play on them week in week out

You always stick your nose into things.