West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Not really much more to say tbh
You finding someone blessing themselves a problem , you have never been to the Roch and your talking about something only you heard and saw .

You obviously only hear what you want to, or maybe be you have a problem with your hearing.

This is becoming tedious ....last week a guy  was saying he HATED  St Roch's because of what a couple of fans allegedley shouted at Camby  ( two years ago) - I find it a bit over the top to actually hate a club and actively want them to loose because you don't like what one or two people shout ,,,, now we have someoneone suggesting things were shouted and players gesticulated - I honestly never saw or heard  anything like that at Whotletts - a couple of our fans were OTT with shouts but nothing sectarian that I heard 

On the other hand we get abuse at a number of grounds we go to because we are " ******s" in some people's eyes - I won't name the club's because they are not responsible for the behaviour and antics of what some people shout at their grounds .......and I fully respect the club's 

Sectarianism is rife in Junior Football amongst a very small minority I have heard it at many grounds - ******, Terrier, and the new shout of "peados" -  it is embarrassing but in no way are any of the club's responsible but let's not pretend it does not happen. 

We encourage self policing at St Roch's but in occassion there will still be one or two things that are shouted from our terrace that should not be - we recognise the problem and have and will continue to deal with it

It would be very easy for me to adopt a stance were every time something that is derogatory is put to me I catalogue it on here and name the club's- unfortunatley I believe this would be counter productive and cause more harm than good as rational behaviour is impossible when people live in such a polarised existence 

It is the 21st century let's give it a rest and enjoy the football for what it is 

As I have said many times - St Roch's is a club formed by an Irish  Parish Priest, we are names after a Saint, we wear green, we play at a park in the Garngad named after a Celtic Player - we are proud of who we are and will not hide from that - but that should not make us a platform for division- in our support we have people from many creeds cultures and backgrounds  with an open to all attitude.

The next time someone following St Roch's should something sectarian you can all be assured that the majority will tell them it is not acceptable - so the ask to others is - if you hear someone in your support calling us a sectarian name because of who we are - maybe you should have a word.

This was not meant to be a rant 

This is becoming tedious ....last week a guy  was saying he HATED  St Roch's because of what a couple of fans allegedley shouted at Camby  ( two years ago) - I find it a bit over the top to actually hate a club and actively want them to loose because you don't like what one or two people shout ,,,, now we have someoneone suggesting things were shouted and players gesticulated - I honestly never saw or heard  anything like that at Whotletts - a couple of our fans were OTT with shouts but nothing sectarian that I heard 

On the other hand we get abuse at a number of grounds we go to because we are " ******s" in some people's eyes - I won't name the club's because they are not responsible for the behaviour and antics of what some people shout at their grounds .......and I fully respect the club's 
Sectarianism is rife in Junior Football amongst a very small minority I have heard it at many grounds - ******, Terrier, and the new shout of "peados" -  it is embarrassing but in no way are any of the club's responsible but let's not pretend it does not happen. 

We encourage self policing at St Roch's but in occassion there will still be one or two things that are shouted from our terrace that should not be - we recognise the problem and have and will continue to deal with it
It would be very easy for me to adopt a stance were every time something that is derogatory is put to me I catalogue it on here and name the club's- unfortunatley I believe this would be counter productive and cause more harm than good as rational behaviour is impossible when people live in such a polarised existence 
It is the 21st century let's give it a rest and enjoy the football for what it is 

As I have said many times - St Roch's is a club formed by an Irish  Parish Priest, we are names after a Saint, we wear green, we play at a park in the Garngad named after a Celtic Player - we are proud of who we are and will not hide from that - but that should not make us a platform for division- in our support we have people from many creeds cultures and backgrounds  with an open to all attitude.

The next time someone following St Roch's should something sectarian you can all be assured that the majority will tell them it is not acceptable - so the ask to others is - if you hear someone in your support calling us a sectarian name because of who we are - maybe you should have a word.

Well said sir, let's enjoy the football
As I said in a previous post the St Rochs fans behaviour was exemplary when the visited us at Victoria Park [emoji460]️[emoji106]

Fantastic and absolutely the nail firmly on the head so let's get back to talking about the fitba and a very exciting league programme this Saturday

Well said sir, let's enjoy the football
As I said in a previous post the St Rochs fans behaviour was exemplary when the visited us at Victoria Park [emoji460]️[emoji106]
I concur with the above post. The guys who came through to our game were fantastic. There was none of the pish that has been spouted on here by the haters. They were magnanimous in the victory after what was a really entertaining game of football. I for one am looking forward to my first visit to JMP later in the season.
T

3 hours ago, tombo said:

I concur with the above post. The guys who came through to our game were fantastic. There was none of the pish that has been spouted on here by the haters. They were magnanimous in the victory after what was a really entertaining game of football. I for one am looking forward to my first visit to JMP later in the season.
T

Doesn’t mean they are like that at every game.

Doesn’t mean they are like that at every game.
In fairness to the Candy boys, people were commenting on here about games that they had attended and the fans behaviour was negative. However I felt it was only right to respond in a positive manner to my first experience of the lads at the game I attended.
Fair enough with your point though.
T

13 minutes ago, tombo said:

In fairness to the Candy boys, people were commenting on here about games that they had attended and the fans behaviour was negative. However I felt it was only right to respond in a positive manner to my first experience of the lads at the game I attended.
Fair enough with your point though.
T

Ok, you were right to give your opinion and put forward how you found them.