West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

Well the weather from now until Saturday morning is forecast as shite or more eloquently wet so with that in mind and my completely wrong opinion on the cumbernauld playing surface last week I'm gonna ask the experts
Can the Dalry pitch take the rain ?

Dalry have done a lot of work to the park. Has been fine so far, but this might be the first real test. With the forecast I think there will be a few games off?

4 hours ago, Thereporter said:

I was only joking about boxing him, he then gets all aggressive, and everyone turns on me!

Wouldn’t be fair on him, as I’d be to quick for him.

Ffs Rocky, that you backing out of this already?

I was hoping to get a bet on this.

6 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

It was 4-2 when starky was sent off

I don't think you were particularly great that day and I maintain we were as poor as Kilysth were good but what I will say is that your forward had a great game and punished our defence for every mistake they made.

I cant really say much more than you deserved to win on the day so don't accept the criticism given to me for having an opinion on the result of a game on Saturday between Arthurlie v cumbernauld as it was hardly controversial

I didn't have a problem with what you said about that game gotw, I just disagreed with what you were saying as to why you lost a game or games conceding 6 goals, basically saying it was down to St Roch's not turning up on the day, good luck on Saturday and in the Scottish

The current top 3 are the only teams to best us so far and out them i was impressed with Cumbernauld, then Rutherglen over Benburb. I know they beat us 4-0 but with a bit of luck and better finishing it should’ve been far closer than that

Don’t mind me asking Beckanbaur, because of events outside my control on Saturday (the old mother aged 94 is getting near her time so to speak and her indoors wants the gang nearby just in case) i can’t make it along to Ayrshire on Saturday to see the Candy play Dalry Thistle. The alternative plan i’d had in mind was to take in the Cambuslang Rangers v Yoker cup tie. I’ll be taking a couple of my grandchildren along.  One is 21 and English the other is 7 and likes Rangers plus i’ve gave a shout to a retired mate of mine from Ruglen. Obviously other than admission money i’d buy a few raffle tickets and a programme if one is on sale. Plus of course catering and maybe a couple of haufs for the old yin. We don’t shout or swear. Just 4 punters looking forward to a Junior game.
Thing is, as a St Roch’s supporter who can’t manage to get along by to see the Candy would i be welcome or is it best i look for another game?

That is honestly the most pointless post I’ve ever seen. You do what you want. Even wear your st rochs stuff if u want! I admire your support for junior game and just want to see a game ! That’s great.
Why would you not be welcome?
Unless you were one of the support who could be identified as hurling the sectarian abuse at the cambuslang players during the 1-0 win for st rochs and 4-0 win for cambuslang the last two times st rochs visited.

6 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

Unless you were one of the support who could be identified as hurling the sectarian abuse at the cambuslang players during the 1-0 win for st rochs and 4-0 win for cambuslang the last two times st rochs visited.

I heard it and I also heard a number of St Rochs fans attempting to quiet them down. Unfortunately, the odd rocket let them down in the 4-0 game. The funny thing is one of the players abused is a son of the Garngad. 

10 hours ago, Beckanbaur said:

That is honestly the most pointless post I’ve ever seen. You do what you want. Even wear your st rochs stuff if u want! I admire your support for junior game and just want to see a game ! That’s great.
Why would you not be welcome?

Mate we’re only going to watch a football match, not play a bit part in the Sopranos.

2 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
1 hour ago, Glenconner said:
Mate we’re only going to watch a football match, not play a bit part in the Sopranos.

Glenconner go watch Shettleston v Darvel have a pint with that crackpot Legend then watch Shettleston beat them  rather than standing with Don Corni Mutton and his cartel at the Lang 

Or take your Ru'glen pal to Wishaw to see the West Cup tie if it's on.