West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

There have been no complaints from any Glencairn fans that I am aware of. If they don't want to go to the game because of the weather, then nobody is making them. They can stay at home in the dry if they want, which is more than likely what they would have been doing if the game hadn't been switched. This at least gives people the chance to watch a game if they want to, and gets a game played which both clubs were keen to do.

31 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Aye, it looks fine right enough. emoji848.png20181101_132726.jpg

Fair enough and good planning ahead to get the game on

The rain not forecast to start till Saturday morning - I think most grass parks will be on - hope so anyway :)

All the best  - see you on 17th .........weather permitting lol

The rain not forecast to start till Saturday morning - I think most grass parks will be on - hope so anyway [emoji4]

The current BBC forecast has the rain starting at 10pm on Friday night, with the real heavy stuff arriving on Saturday morning in the build-up to kick off time. Perhaps our pitch would have been ok, but switching the game means there is no doubt about the surface being playable. With the teams having still to play each other twice, it was a sensible switch for all.

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:
16 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:
 The rain not forecast to start till Saturday morning - I think most grass parks will be on - hope so anyway emoji4.png

The current BBC forecast has the rain starting at 10pm on Friday night, with the real heavy stuff arriving on Saturday morning in the build-up to kick off time. Perhaps our pitch would have been ok, but switching the game means there is no doubt about the surface being playable. With the teams having still to play each other twice, it was a sensible switch for all.

As I said previously, the pitch will be fine, but the wind at Huntershill is brutal in July, those wind speeds will I think make the game unplayable. See what Saturday brings tho 

54 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Think the switch is a good idea if it suits both teams playing. Get games on now before the really bad weather starts and we end up with fixture congestion like previous years.
Or does everyone like playing monday wedensday saturday at the end of the season

Aye we love it , there will be nothing wrong with glencairns park on Saturday they just want to keep home games for later on in the season and if I were in the rossvale camp I’d be saying no we are playing u at rutherglen first , the smugness of glensmad is obviously catching on 

Aye we love it , there will be nothing wrong with glencairns park on Saturday they just want to keep home games for later on in the season and if I were in the rossvale camp I’d be saying no we are playing u at rutherglen first , the smugness of glensmad is obviously catching on 
Well ur not in the rossvale camp. It suits both teams so get over it.

The only people who seem upset about this are supporters of teams other than Glencairn or Rossvale. Both clubs are happy, the West Region are happy, what other clubs' supporters think really is irrelevant.
Oi i am backing you lol.
As i have said previously if it means it gets games on before the really bad weather starts ans at least tries to aleviate the fixture congestion that happens at the end of the season good on both teams and the region for allowing it.

2 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

To be fair if a dug has a pish on Glencairns park its flooded, so sensible decision :)

You are wrong the past two years Glencairn have not had that many games off and I understand this is to do with the massive amount of work one of the old committee men does ask any one who has played there this season pitch is in great condition one of best in the league 

1 hour ago, The1andonly said:

You are wrong the past two years Glencairn have not had that many games off and I understand this is to do with the massive amount of work one of the old committee men does ask any one who has played there this season pitch is in great condition one of best in the league 

Bloody hell , get a sense of humour, it was tongue in cheek, nothing wrong with swapping the venue if both teams have still to play each other twice

Tomorrow's fixtures :-

Arthurlie (4th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Cumbernauld United (3rd) v St Roch's (9th)

Darvel Juniors (11th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)

Kilsyth Rangers (5th) v Dalry Thistle (8th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Kello Rovers (15th)

Neilston Juniors (10th) v Whitletts Victoria (6th)

Rossvale (7th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (1st)

Your thoughts ?

53 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Tomorrow's fixtures :-

Arthurlie (4th) v Craigmark Burntonians (13th)

Cumbernauld United (3rd) v St Roch's (9th)

Darvel Juniors (11th) v Irvine Victoria (12th)

Kilsyth Rangers (5th) v Dalry Thistle (8th)

Larkhall Thistle (16th) v Kello Rovers (15th)

Neilston Juniors (10th) v Whitletts Victoria (6th)

Rossvale (7th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (1st)

Your thoughts ?

This wee guy to be spotted soaring over the viaduct as Larky record their first league win of the season :).....

Related image