West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

There only are two promotion places this year. Darvel are getting the third according to their thread. 
Yeh, so I've noticed. They have every right to talk up their team's prospects, there's nothing wrong with being positive in support of your club. It's up to their players and management to back up their supporters' confidence, and they've been doing not too bad over the past few games, to be fair. Darvel are the only team to have avoided defeat to my team in the league so far, so fair play to them.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:
10 minutes ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:
There only are two promotion places this year. Darvel are getting the third according to their thread. 

Yeh, so I've noticed. They have every right to talk up their team's prospects, there's nothing wrong with being positive in support of your club. It's up to their players and management to back up their supporters' confidence, and they've been doing not too bad over the past few games, to be fair. Darvel are the only team to have avoided defeat to my team in the league so far, so fair play to them.

And we have improved dramatically since then , we have probably done a glencairn hence the reason we want you guys to beat everyone to bring us right back into it as on paper we have a great run of fixtures coming up , problem is the game is played on grass ha 

And we have improved dramatically since then , we have probably done a glencairn...

Since we played you at the start of September, Darvel have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 in the league, the same record as Whitletts Victoria over the same number of games. Cumbernauld United have 4 wins and a draw in their last 5, while Arthurlie have won 4 and lost 1 out of their last 5. Glencairn have won all 5, and Benburb have won their last 6 in a row.

So Darvel's form, while improved from the start of the season, is hardly exceptional when you look at other teams whose records over the same period of games is either just as good or better.

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Since we played you at the start of September, Darvel have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 in the league, the same record as Whitletts Victoria over the same number of games. Cumbernauld United have 4 wins and a draw in their last 5, while Arthurlie have won 4 and lost 1 out of their last 5. Glencairn have won all 5, and Benburb have won their last 6 in a row.

So Darvel's form, while improved from the start of the season, is hardly exceptional when you look at other teams whose records over the same period of games is either just as good or better.

I’ve said it since week 1 come may we won’t be far away , the problem this season is the league is poor , last year apart from petershill every one beat each other , that doesn’t look like happening this season , our only hope cause we will go on a run is glencairn beating everyone 

** Due to the adverse weather forecast for Friday night into Saturday, Rutherglen Glencairn and Rossvale have agreed with the West Region to switch our league match to Rossvale's home ground at Huntershill Community Sports Hub in Bishopbriggs. The kick off time remains at 2pm. **

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

** Due to the adverse weather forecast for Friday night into Saturday, Rutherglen Glencairn and Rossvale have agreed with the West Region to switch our league match to Rossvale's home ground at Huntershill Community Sports Hub in Bishopbriggs. The kick off time remains at 2pm. **

Shouldn’t be allowed 

There’s three promotion places up for grabs in this seasons Championship as we know. If Clydebank in the league above do as they have stated and leave for pastures new, will there be an extra promotion place for a team from the Championship?

There’s three promotion places up for grabs in this seasons Championship as we know. If Clydebank in the league above do as they have stated and leave for pastures new, will there be an extra promotion place for a team from the Championship?
I would guess that one team less would be relegated from every division.

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

Not much consideration for your own fans then,  standing in a windswept cage with no cover, no hot food or drink available will not be a very attractive prospect on a day with that sort of weather. However it could be a good trhing for the chasing pack in the league table as I fancy Rossvale  could get a result here, I almost wrote 'shock' but it wouldn't really be as they are a more than decent side.